• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Ate Smoketown, USA tonight. Had a fun convo with the owner who asked my friend about 6 questions trying to get to the bottom of what type of Asian he is. Reminded me of the stake out scene from Parks and Rec. Food was amazing though.

For napa, and Frau, and other dog lovers. Cat people not allowed.

This is a story about my mentally challenged dog named Stanley. I know this sounds strange. Please just hear me out. https://imgur.com/gallery/GMJTI

I love Stanley so much. Thank you for posting.

I'm in Chicago for the night. Did I mention that?

I drove in. Wedding in Lousiville this weekend. Bunking up in Chicago for the evening.

Sorry, Brv. I've only known about this for months so hard to plan something. I've got some time to kill in Wicker Park if you want to grab a Long Island.

Guy! Tell us what you did!! Who did you stay with, did you go to Flash Taco, what happened?

I got into Chicago around 1:30 and my friend finished some work and we went to Portillos for lunch where I got a Italian beef sandwhich. As we were finishing up it started downpouring so I just went back to his place where I took a nap until he could clock out of work and the rain stopped.

He lives in Wicker Park just off of Milwaukee so we walked that and he showed me a few places and we had a beer at a bar. About that time his girlfriend met up with us and we walked to one of their friends place and had a few more beers and then they left to go to a Tame Impala concert.

I then went and a had a drink at this speak easy bar called the violet hour and then walked around Milwaukee for a bit before stopping at another bar and getting a beer and some fried pickles. I was super tired and my other friends that were coming into town were getting close so I left but not before stopping and getting an ice cream cone from some place. Not long after that my friends got into town and my other friend got home from the concert and it started storming so we just called it a night.

Had breakfast at a place called The Bongo Room. Got an omelette that was huge and we split some red velvet pancakes and some pretzel pancake. Everyone else loved them but I didn't care for them.

Then we drove to Louisville, stopping for ice cream on the way because it's hot as balls. Watched the end of Ali's funeral and then headed out to the aforementioned BBQ.

Digested a little and then met up with the wedding party at a bar nearby for drinks the rest of the night and then we walked around downtown for a bit before calling it a night.

Wedding tonight at 6, I think. No plans yet for the day but it's 10 am and already 82 degrees so hopefully nothing taxing. I've already been to all the touristy places before so I'm cool with just taking it easy and not being drenched in sweat all day.

• Like 3

Yay! I stayed in Wicker Park a little over a year ago. It's a nice neighborhood, and I've heard good things about Violet Hour. Please enjoy your weekend. (Do you facetime Mack when you're away?)

Ah man. I'm so sad you were so close, but I'm glad you had fun. You made the right decision at Portillos, although you missed out big time if you didn't get a side of fries with cheese sauce. (Just don't eat the nasty fry ends.... gross!)

IOWA!

The guy seems to get the game, and he won some pots and was up around 200 bones. Then he started doing shots of tequila, I kid you not, and is down to 40 bucks. It's an odd sight I wouldn't believe it I didn't see it.

• Like 1

I remember talking about this a while ago - my back door leading to the patio, which appears to be three doors in a custom track, or something.

http://i.imgur.com/2yo61Yd.jpg

in the winter, I can feel the cool air coming through the bottom of the doors, and I find spiders around them that are catching plenty of bugs. so I think this may be near the top of my priority list in the place. I don't know what I want to do with it, have someone fix whatever the leak is, or rip them out and replace with sliding glass doors. honestly I don't feel great about sliding glass doors, even though they are no less secure than the doors in the above picture. it would be a huge visual upgrade for sure.

the black bottom weather stripping thing on the middle door, I made the call to use it, because the original weather stripping was worn out, and the lowes didn't have a white one in stock, and I had one day to have my dad help me fix it. I figured, this place is never going to look good anyway.

Brick it up. That's a weakness , any criminal is through that in ten seconds. Safety first.

That guy is hanging on. He makes a chew baca type sound when he wins. He's growing on me.

I remember talking about this a while ago - my back door leading to the patio, which appears to be three doors in a custom track, or something.

http://i.imgur.com/2yo61Yd.jpg

in the winter, I can feel the cool air coming through the bottom of the doors, and I find spiders around them that are catching plenty of bugs. so I think this may be near the top of my priority list in the place. I don't know what I want to do with it, have someone fix whatever the leak is, or rip them out and replace with sliding glass doors. honestly I don't feel great about sliding glass doors, even though they are no less secure than the doors in the above picture. it would be a huge visual upgrade for sure.

the black bottom weather stripping thing on the middle door, I made the call to use it, because the original weather stripping was worn out, and the lowes didn't have a white one in stock, and I had one day to have my dad help me fix it. I figured, this place is never going to look good anyway.

Did you buy the place?

I believe it has been established that Strat is a homeowner.

Did you buy the place?

yep. happy with about 85% of the situation. would love to devote my next $10k in savings to fixing all of the random crap that's wrong with it, but the ceiling for what I can ask is pretty low, and in its current condition, I'm probably near said ceiling anyway.

Actually Louisville is a pretty cool city TBH.

I like it quite a bit for what it is. it is nothing like the stereotype. it's just very limited on the job scene, so if it doesn't work out at my current place, I'd almost certainly have to move... don't think I am headed that direction, though.

if I was in medical or insurance, or even engineering, it would be a slam dunk to work for humana, kindred, pharmerica, GE, etc.

Yeah, we had a lot of fun walking around downtown. Checked out the riverfront, the Ali center, the slugger factory, and the peerless distillery.

Had breakfast at Dish on Market which was good.