I Called In Sick Today

Hey Speedz.

Today I was driving south on i5 just north of Medford Oregon when I noticed a pickup coming northbound and quickly realized he wasn't going to make the curve he was approaching. Sure enough he/she drove into the center divide, bounced off and just kept going like nothing happened. 100% they were on their phone, no?

Also, I was meeting with a salesman at a dealer of mine and he was telling me about this crazy wind/rain storm he got caught in at a home show. He goes to leave, opens the door of his truck and the wind catches the door and slams it into the car parked next to him. He then goes on to say that it did no damage to his truck but left a BIG dent in the door of the car next to him. He said he figured since it wasn't his fault and there was nothing he could do about it that he didn't bother leaving a note. People suck.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

stayed late tonight, had a chat with the CEO over bourbon. he was basically trying to gauge how close I am to burning out/quitting, asked pretty directly if I liked the work. I told him the work was fine. he pressed, "is there a 'but'?" I told him, hesitating for a few seconds, that the system has an embedded assumption, that a person's value increase from year to year had to fall in the 0-20% range relative to current comp. he laughed and said something to the effect of, "there are a lot of ways for us to adjust comp, don't worry about it."

we got interrupted by someone walking up at that point, which is annoying, because the last thing I wanted to do was be one of 100 people coming at him for more money. honestly, it's going to happen long term for me, whether it's with this company or another one. being perceived to be making a threat is more harm than good when the other side of the table genuinely believes they are being really generous with you.

Based on what you wrote, it didn't sound like you issued a threat to me. Just answered his question.

Cobalt, I do not approve. Have someone check in on them once a day, or every other day, at worst

What is wrong with you people?

Have you ever had a cat, Ron? They're not dogs. (Or people). There's an 80% chance the person checking in on them wouldn't be able to find them to "check" on them.

• Like 3

Based on what you wrote, it didn't sound like you issued a threat to me. Just answered his question.

thinking about it a little, now that I'm sober, I'm happy about it. I have advocates who will say everything for me. I need to just stay quiet, and be as tactful as possible when I get asked directly like that. he knew that I was a little buzzed and figured he could get an honest answer. he sounds like a master manipulator as I write that, and he certainly is, but he doesn't seem to use it for harm. super nice guy, does everything he can to encourage people to grow.

I documented and unlocked all of my tools over the weekend, handed everything off. the last few days have been a constant training sesh, but it's like a huge efficiency bomb just went off. I sleep much easier, don't feel like I'm squandering potential when I leave work at normal times.

A buddy of mine works for big oil out in California and he said when they were doing layoffs you knew you got laid off if after 2:30 PM you got an outlook request for a 30 minute meeting the next morning. So for awhile it was a lot of calendar stalking of people to see who was going to get laid off. A coworker left early one day to help somebody with car trouble and somebody called him to offer condolences on getting the meeting request. Dude had no idea because he left before 2:30.

Big potential client coming in today. Could be huge for the company and totally render all my overtime and stress trying to find a few more dollars in the budget compeltley unnecessary. They're from down your way, Ronald. Hell you might have worked for them. CxxxxxSxxxx Bank?

Cobalt, I do not approve. Have someone check in on them once a day, or every other day, at worst

They have food, water, clean enough litter boxes, and pretty much the entire roam of a big house. They really don't need much, and it's not like a frequent thing...happens a couple of times per year. If the kids were in school and I left the house for work, they'd have a lot less human contact. Most of this morning, one has been stretched out sunbathing by the patio door and the other has been camped out on our bed. They sleep like 18hrs per day.

• Like 1

I don't like cats. I'd get a dog before a cat and I'd never get a dog.

I didn't realize it was convo de mayo until a little while ago. I guess that happens when ou have no friends to go out with.

Just be like me and say you prefer to avoid the amateur drinking days.

First night of the local farmers market tonight. Got half a mind to go take a walk through. Mack is still at my brothers place otherwise I would be taking a walk there with him.

Cats prefer it if you leave them alone in general. They can do a week standing on their heads.

• Like 1

That's a good point. I'm going to keep my eye out for sales.

I've got an idea for an entertainment stand to build but I'm not 100% on the widths of boards to use. Really wish I had my shop with scrap wood that I could use to mock it up a bit before committing to sizes. Hard to make a buy list without knowing what to buy.

Cats prefer it if you leave them alone in general. They can do a week standing on their heads.

Because I'm a big softy and can't tell my daughters no we've had two different cats over the last 10 years or so. (Only one at a time) When we'd go on vacation for a week, usually to CA at the time, we'd take the dogs with us and leave the cat at home. We got a big automatic water jug and a big feeder. I have no doubt the little bastards are every bit of food in the first couple days but that's they're problem, not mine. They were always alive when we got home. I will never own another cat.

Got to Northern CA and there is a huge thunder and lightening storm going on and it's just pouring rain. Had better weather in Oregon the last 3 days.

You people are awful. I wish Frau were here to support me

Yes, I've had cats and my parents have had anywhere from 3 to 9 cats for the last 20 years. I do think an occasional overnight is acceptable, but any more than that isn't good. They all would come out when it's feeding time if I stayed at their place to watch them or stopped by to take care of them when they went on vacation.

Maybe my parents went overboard but they had 2 litter boxes and they would clean them every day. Hard food is always down and they got a little wet food at night. If I went away, I'd pay someone to stop by once a day to clean the box or at the very least, every other day. That's just me, that's how I think it should be done

You took the responsibility to have this pet in your life and home, and if you'd feed and clean the box every day when you're there, make sure it gets done when you're not. These animals appreciate a routine

But hey, whatever works for you sadist fcks

dad will often swing by after a day or two and check the food situation and scoop the dooks. My cat only eats dry so I can leave out plenty. Also, she hides from anyone who isn't me. I also throw out a fresh catnip toy and sometimes i'll hide treats around the house in areas I know she patrols. I'll also leave a light on somewhere and leave a couple of blinds open so she can watch the birds and shit.

please ron, you know i spoil all my pussy.

• Like 2

They have two litter boxes. I usually scoop them twice per week (the day before trash day). Dealing with poop is absolutely the worst part of pet ownership. Fortunately cat crap is a million times better than dog crap.

They have two litter boxes. I usually scoop them twice per week (the day before trash day). Dealing with poop is absolutely the worst part of pet ownership. Fortunately cat crap is a million times better than dog crap.

You can't possibly fathom the amount of warm poo I handle on a daily basis

Maybe you can. Human poo

The nice older lady at work that sits kitty corner to me just adopted two little kittens. We share stories about caring for our young animals. I like her. She laughs at basically anything remotely funny so when I need a little confidence boost I'll tell her a joke.

• Like 1