I Called In Sick Today

Hank, why would you go if she has her parents AND kids? Seems like a non-winner move

How far away is she from you? You don't have a pet or work weekends, do you? Does she work weekends? How often do you get to see her? I need deets and you don't want me to go all brvy on you

kids have some kind of..play...recital...I don't know, some kind of damn activity that I'll fall asleep during. Totally not a winner move, guess there was a hefty price tag for #analeaster

it's about a 2 hr drive. I don't work weekends because I'm a professional and expect to be treated as such. I am, however, on call for a month stretch once per quarter but rarely does it mean anything. I digress. She does work her part-time gig on the weekends sometimes, depending on which shifts they are I might still head down her way even if she does, then I can get some quality refractory period napping in while she's at work. We try to get together 2-3 weekends per month, with the odd 3 or 4 day weekend here or there.

--edit

Yes I have a pet. Being able to leave for a weekend and not come home to a house full of dumped garbage and strewn pillow stuffing is one reason why cat ownership >>> dog ownership.

Oh, and I shouldn't make it sound like I'm always going to see her, she does also come up here when she gets a free weekend etc.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Some discourteous fvck is parked in my covered spot, the spot I pay to use exclusively. I'm about to open a can of written whoop ass and leave a harsh note on this cretins windshield.

so i sent a picture of the offending vehicle to the manager of the complex, and she thanks me and says that they have marked it down and will be ready to take further action if it happens again.

i asked why it wasn't being towed immediately.

when she responds, i'll demand they refund me the amount i was charged for today for my spot. i pay 30 per month, so i want that dollar back. i'm gonna argue it for pure fun.

Oh my goodness. I might hate you. The landlord isn't the enemy here. Just ****ing relax.

That being said, that car should absolutely be towed immediately.

they have the ability, and i would argue the obligation, to remove the offending vehicle from my spot. by not doing so they are denying me the use of my spot. therefore, i should not have to pay for that use why they are denying me said use.

You're right. What they should do is put two rolls of pennies in your mailbox and leave a super passive aggressive letter about how sorry they are that you had to park 5 feet from your other spot because of something out of their control.

"And like we said, that car is at the very top of our list and we are just itching to have that son of a wonderful woman towed. Please let us know ASAP if they ever park there again. Please accept this payment for your trouble."

I saw a car in front of my apartment double park two days in a row (unassigned parking) and was going to leave a note the second day but chickened out when I saw the car seat in the back. Saw the person a day ago. Woman in African garb with a toddler. Dodged a hate crime.

• Like 1

You're right. What they should do is put two rolls of pennies in your mailbox and leave a super passive aggressive letter about how sorry they are that you had to park 5 feet from your other spot because of something out of their control.

"And like we said, that car is at the very top of our list and we are just itching to have that son of a wonderful woman towed. Please let us know ASAP if they ever park there again. Please accept this payment for your trouble."

without rules, without order, we are no better than wild animals. and i had to park over 100 feet away from my reserved spot, and those 100 feet were in the opposite direction of my apartment.

the manager ended up backtracking and saying that if i wanted, she would call for the tow tonight. i relented because in the end i don't want the person towed, angry about it, and taking it out on my car when parked RIGHTFULLY in my spot. so i'll give this d bag until i get home from work tomorrow.

There's 6 spots directly in front of my 6 unit apartment. If I get home after 8 I have to park elsewhere and I get irrationally angry at it. 3 of the units are 2 BR, 3 are singles. I occupy one of the 2 BR by myself so I feel entitled to a spot at all times.

Your landlord knew you would pussyout and called your bluff.

The person may just not know the rules and is there banging some vag Getting towed or getting a boot on your car is maddening. A polite note to the offender if it happens again should do the trick. If it doesn't, tow their ass

I was there, Hank, to a degree. It was three hours and I didn't have to deal with little kids. There will come a time where it will get old. Then you got a decision to make.

I feel bad for your cat

• Like 1

Your landlord knew you would pussyout and called your bluff.

Or suddenly remembered from his application that he was a lawyer.

And simultaneously regretted her decision to rent to him.

• Like 1

Had a big meeting this morning. It went well. Obviously I killed my part, but I thought the investment guy phoned it in. Not a winning effort on his part.

Hi Speedz! How's the vet business?

Oh, you know. Cat scans and lab tests, also other terrible jokes. You get the idea.

I kid - it's awesome most of the time, and horrible a small percentage of the time. I don't like days when I give death sentences to multiple beloved pets.

Scram didn't make it, we can assume because he did not share so here.

My guess is speedz is doing well. His lady is likely prgnant or soon to be so. His life is content and he doesn't miss us at all.

Maybe he's just biding his time.

She is not pregnant, nor will she be for at least a few years, possibly ever. My life is mostly content.

I don't think anyone misses us at all if I had to guess

I don't know that this is accurate. I don't constantly think about you guys, but I'd say that at least once a week something about online forums or poker comes up, and I think about how much I enjoyed the time in my life when I could shoot the shit and be funny with you bozos on a regular basis.

Hey, Speedz.

I got a dog, did you see that? Could have used you a few weeks ago to phone in a tapeworm prescription and save me $100 but no big deal. He's worth it.

I feel bad for your cat

Leaving cats for a few days is no biggie. If I'm leaving them for a week, I usually get someone to check on them once or twice.

Hey, Speedz.

I got a dog, did you see that? Could have used you a few weeks ago to phone in a tapeworm prescription and save me $100 but no big deal. He's worth it.

I didn't see that - congrats! And sorry? Pic please.

I saw a pit bull puppy yesterday that ate a bunch of his owner's weed and was high as a ************. It was amazing, even for a pot dog (which is relatively common).

Just called the fancy suit store where I spent a crazy amount for my wedding attire because my fiancé wanted me to look nice. They said the vest would be ready in 6 weeks. It's been 6 weeks, and when I called they got in touch with "special events" or whatever the ****, who told them that the vest can't be made because the mill doesn't use that color anymore. This is why everything I own is cheap and shitty, there'd be no need to get this annoyed at poor service. Now I have to go back to a fancy suit shop, pick out another fancy suit, and go back a week later once it's tailored. **** you, fancy suit shop. **** you.

• Like 1

OK IF YOU INSIST

1tblOYl.png

His name is Mack and he'll be 1 year old this month. He's on the right. Left is his "cousin" Honey (1.5 years). This was a few weeks ago when I met up with some friends at ISU and let our pups play on central campus. He's a big fan of going up to hot chicks at the dog park.

And I'm pretty sure you already have the fancy vest you need. :insert picture of you in that blue tux:

• Like 1

That's a handsome dog right there. Pro tip: Walk him down the sidewalk in the center of town during prime brunch hours, and have him carry a cute toy or rawhide bone. The ladies go nuts over that one and are just the right amount of tipsy.

I'm impressed you remember the blue three piece suit. I actually have two of them - the salvation army special (which I recently had tailored) and the actual fancy one. My white dress shoes with the embroidered dragons might be done for though - I danced in them too hard and my feet hurt for the next week. The women in my life were not impressed, since that happens to them all the time, but I'd rather have feet that don't hurt after dancing.

• Like 2

OK IF YOU INSIST

1tblOYl.png

His name is Mack and he'll be 1 year old this month. He's on the right. Left is his "cousin" Honey (1.5 years). This was a few weeks ago when I met up with some friends at ISU and let our pups play on central campus. He's a big fan of going up to hot chicks at the dog park.

And I'm pretty sure you already have the fancy vest you need. :insert picture of you in that blue tux:

If you would have framed this pic from the opposite direction instead of looking at Beardshear, you would have had a sweet shot with the campanile in the background!

Come on, Naps. Don't Uncle Randy us!

Ronny I left a note, and by morning the ruffian was gone. I think my stern note will prevent a reoccurrence.

tumblr_m7haafmALp1qapa5ro1_500.png

• Like 1