• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

You can't tee it up like that and expect me to not drive it 300 down the center of the fairway. The game is the game, Colby, same as it ever was.

Free dinner at jack stack tonight because I'm on a committee type thing. Good food, Strat knows what I'm talking about.

Thera (or Speedz or anybody else with Boston knowledge)

Can you look at airbnb for June 2nd for one night and tell me if any of the sub $100 places near logan airport (or reasonable distance) are decent enough for one night? Trying to figure out my flights and such for the upcoming wedding.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/boston?checkin=06%2F02%2F2016&checkout=06%2F03%2F2016&price_max=99&zoom=12&search_by_map=true&sw_lat=42.33886811743082&sw_lng=-71.16510672702987&ne_lat=42.468207312939725&ne_lng=-70.9913854135533&ss_id=muevs6im&s_tag=3NheeKXV

I'm not sure what I'm looking for? They all look pretty similar. I haven't used AirBNB at all. All the owners are probably dicks. The two next to Logan look fine. Are you cabbing/ubering or training to the wedding?

Just if those are decent areas near the airport or if it's not, what would be a decent area. This is only for thursday night. The only flights to boston get in late thursday around 11:00 PM or 1:00 on friday. I've got a hotel for friday/saturday night with a buddy who doens't get in till friday but I'd rather get in thursday night and have all friday to explore. The wedding is in Waltham and they have a shuttle to/from the hotel. I just plan on using uber/trains any other time.

You can't tee it up like that and expect me to not drive it 300 down the center of the fairway. The game is the game, Colby, same as it ever was.

Free dinner at jack stack tonight because I'm on a committee type thing. Good food, Strat knows what I'm talking about.

My buddy that was exec chef at morton's grille in the plaza is now a chef at jack stack.

i got nothin

BBQ places have pretty similar meat offerings.. there are differences, but a good hole in the wall place is about 90-95% as good as Jack Stack. it's the sides that Jack Stack absolutely kills. I could eat the cheesy corn with every meal for the rest of my life, no problem.

Tried a new BBQ place that recently opened up downtown. Had a few people tell me how good it was. I wasn't impressed. Their BBQ sauce was meh. The beans had no flavor. The Mac&cheese was overly runny. And the meat itself wasn't anything special but they did give large portions. Got two meals out of a sandwhich and two sides. It was on the higher side of cost but: portions. It is open on Sunday's though. Two of the three places I'd put above it are not.

You're over-estimating the size of Boston. Anything in the city should be fine. If you get into Southie, that'd be a bit riskier. I'd say go Cambridge, it's pretty swell. Not Chelsea. Never Chelsea.

Waltham is 15 miles from the city. I've never been there, but I hear good things.

My buddy that was exec chef at morton's grille in the plaza is now a chef at jack stack.

i got nothin

buddy that nothin is a whole lot of sumthin

BBQ places have pretty similar meat offerings.. there are differences, but a good hole in the wall place is about 90-95% as good as Jack Stack. it's the sides that Jack Stack absolutely kills. I could eat the cheesy corn with every meal for the rest of my life, no problem.

never had the cheesy corn. i loaded up on cheesy potatoes and beans, with a lot of burnt ends. it was a buffet style, no chicken choices.

boulevard has a 'tasting room exclusive' kolsch beer in its sampler pack... it's basically as good as the old goose island summertime. I was kind of surprised to see it available in kentucky, when that sort of thing wasn't widely available in KC back when I lived there.

Last night with the boss.

Yesterday was horrible. Got in an argument with the boss because he thought I hadn't visited "dealers" he found online. Finally just drove to each one he found and proved to him they don't exist. I knew because I'd already checked them all months ago. No apology of course.

Got a call at mid day from a corporate attorney from a competitor that accused me of trying to induce their dealers to break their contract and go with us. This particular competitor we couldn't do business if we wanted to for a variety of reasons. Boss did take over the call and let tHe attorney have it. Attorney still threatened to sue me personally and the company. May need your help,SA?

Then while going to dinner last night I some how managed to back into a truck while pulling out of our parking space. Did zero damage to the truck but of course it left a 6-8 nacho divot in the plastic bumper of the rental car.

By comparison today was fabulous.

That sounds like about the worst day imaginable. Apparently we should start applying for a soon to be open position at your company.

• Like 1

probably won't happen, but if it does you'll need to get a real lawyer.

It won't happen. He was just saber rattling and we referred him to our corporate attorney. We were laughing about it and called our owner who got a kick out of it too. We're moving into "their" territory hard and they're worried about the competition.

another week down. no plans this weekend, obviously. have to go into the office to make up for being out the last two days. i need some new sweatpants so i might look into that this weekend too, but i don't know if there'll be enough time.

Someone backed into my car while I was paying for a pizza. That'll teach me for being a fatass and getting a pizza I shouldn't have and also for being cheap for not wanting to pay $5 for a delivery from a place a few blocks away. Didn't get a police report either so I might need some legal backing should they change their story. Id think it'd be hard for them to do so because I didn't give them my insurance info so geico might wonder why I have their info but they don't have mine if I'm at fault.

Poker has been a real b lately. I had that big score on February 28th to give me two huge consecutive months (and 3 of 4). Since then, I've put in 31 sessions. I've come out ahead in only 12 of them. Ten of them have been 4-figure losses (compared to 5 4-figure wins). Kind of used to coming out ahead probably 70% of the time. Only taken 4 days off this month, and I've been sick this past week but plugging through. I think what's killing me isn't the amount so much as the time. I've managed to stretch a -$8k downswing over roughly two months and 170 hours. Part of it is certainly the fact that tournaments can be pretty evil...and that has been the bulk of my play. Feel like I'm smashing my head into a wall most sessions lately. Still have a reasonable bankroll and all...but really gotta get back on the earn.

Maybe it's time to grow up and get a real job and make sure your wife and children are properly supported.

Personally I wouldn't gamble my children's food off the table, like this guy, but I'm not a selfish degenerate.

And another thing, I haven't seen an update on the removal of those vertical blinds. We're dangerously close to me filing an injunction to get you out of that house. Time to step up Colby.

I'm at the office. My boss is here too so major brownie points. It's how I keep ahead of the curve. I'm negative 930% to my goal right now, so being seen in he office on a Saturday can't hurt. Or maybe she fires me in ten minutes, who knows. What do I care, I'll move down to Florida with my best friend Colby and I'll raise the kids while he gambled the rent away.

• Like 2