Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Free business idea from an idea guy to the ambitious:

Planned obsolescence in the tail plug market is a huge problem. The tails don't detach from the plugs to be laundered or replaced, meaning every time you get fluids or fecal matter on the tail, you just end up replacing the whole thing. It's an economic burden as well as an environmental one. You could disrupt the whole industry by producing a model with the simple, detachable, machine-washable tail that the fat cats don't want anyone to have. This would also allow one to have a single plug but a variety of tails, if you're into weird stuff like that (not judging).

• Like 1

A search on etsy for detachable butt plug tail brings up a lot of results. Not sure if those are what you're looking for or not?

I hadn't even thought about etsy. Interesting.

Soooooo, baseball is back and that ain't bad.

MLB is easily the worst professional league at making opening day a big deal, yes? Supposedly today is opening day but only 3 games are being played and some teams still have exhibition games today. Tomorrow is the true opening day.

A client just invited me to a charity auction for a non profit benefitting young black kids. Unfortunately I have a conflict because nothing would make me happier than to support this charity.

• Like 2

Ooh, bad luck on that timing SA. We all know you're all about the kids.

Boss is being a dick. I leave this Sunday for a two week trip with him through WA, OR and maybe a little Canada so I asked to take this Thirsday and Friday off to get some things done before I leave. He comes back with "You can take Friday but I think Thursday should be a work day". and I've taken zero vacation since I've been here. Going to be a fun filled two weeks in the car with him.

tilt, you've been there over a year, no? Why haven't you taken at least a week or two worth of vacation? Do they not offer it? Is it unpaid? Do you get it and can accrue it? This is puzzling to me.

I had Christmas week off and I'm dying for a week off right now. Itching for one, yet I know if I stretch it out later in the year, I can take a week at the end of the year and be golden. I used to use a week in April and one in September or October. That is the downside of changing jobs every three years. I can't get that 4 week vacay buildup.

A wedding? Fck them. I get an invite, I'll give a gift, otherwise, eat a dick

Eff the baby as well. The gift is they got to fck each other.

• Like 2

I have 30 days to use each year, but there's no way I could use them all. I'm taking probably 12 max this year.

This is the saddest thing you've ever written

Is it because you love your job so much that there is no point in taking off

Is it because you think they can't survive without you for a week, even though the CEO probably takes a month of vacay a year?

Is it because taking off will make you sad because you have next to nothing to do? (Serious question, not a slight). You did meet up with law school buddies, that had promise

I cannot fathom why someone voluntarily goes to work and leaves days off on the table. I'm not talking sick days, i'm talking vacation days

I guess you have good careers and jobs you like and respect.

My feelings exactly. (About gifts)

OL/DR.

in defense of Essay....there's zero chance he could take anywhere close to all 30 days and still stay in managements good graces. It's all a big scam that they give you that many days but you're penalIzed for actually using them. Hopefully they accrue and it becomes a defacto severance package for when he quits/gets fired.

I do agree that 30 is a big number, but I figured he was adding in 12 sick days, or something like that. I've been at a bank that gave 1 a month. Current bank gives me six sick days, 10 vacay days, 2 personal and 4 comp days for holidays we actually have to work

A client just invited me to a charity auction for a non profit benefitting young black kids. Unfortunately I have a conflict because nothing would make me happier than to support this charity.

Serious no bullshit. Send s check for $100 with a note "in honor of CLIENT NAME."

The charity will tell client and you'll receive a metric shit ton of good will.

A couple reasons I haven't taken vacation:

A week after I started I was gone for a week for a pre planned vacation (cruise to Mexico). Of course they had no problem with me taking the time off but they also paid me for that week, which I didn't expect and they didn't have to do.

The first quarter after I was hired I worked half of but they still paid my bonus that quarter which they didn't have to

I had a brand new territory and was/am focused on building the business to a point where it's making money. I like the job, like the challenge and wanted to prove myself and the territory were going to be viable long term.

We only get a week the first year and I hated the idea of using it and then having nothing for another year so I wanted to accrue more time.

• Like 1