I Called In Sick Today

If you want to be a complete bandwagon fan, sure.

Fritz, I'd love to sell you on the Braves, but it'd be a tough sell. Our ownership hasn't been the greatest and our team is likely to be terrible again this year. That said, we have arguably the best farm system now and a new stadium next year. Incidentally, I saw the work on the new stadium in person last week. It's about 1.5 miles from my sister's place. I tend to agree with my brother-in-law that it'll be amazing if/when they finish it in time.

A new stadium no where near Atlanta or their black fans, because the braves don't want black fans. If you're cool with white flight, the braves are for you.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

that's a good looking team. a number of guys i'm after tonight, syndergaard at the top of the list. love that guy.

A little AL heavy, but yeah.

If you want to be a complete bandwagon fan, sure.

Fritz, I'd love to sell you on the Braves, but it'd be a tough sell. Our ownership hasn't been the greatest and our team is likely to be terrible again this year. That said, we have arguably the best farm system now and a new stadium next year. Incidentally, I saw the work on the new stadium in person last week. It's about 1.5 miles from my sister's place. I tend to agree with my brother-in-law that it'll be amazing if/when they finish it in time.

Don't hate because your team sucks. I've been a Giants fan since the early 80's so I've been through my fair share of suffering. Including the Giants not making the playoffs despite winning 100+ games because the Braves won a couple more that year.

Don't hate because your team sucks. I've been a Giants fan since the early 80's so I've been through my fair share of suffering. Including the Giants not making the playoffs despite winning 100+ games because the Braves won a couple more that year.

I'm not really hating because my team sucks. (Though I'm a little jealous.) It's fine that you're a Giants fan...you have the credentials. I'm saying that becoming a fan of a team that's won 3 of the past 6 WS is going to come off a little bandwagony.

• Like 2

A new stadium no where near Atlanta or their black fans, because the braves don't want black fans. If you're cool with white flight, the braves are for you.

Lol at "no where near Atlanta". "Cumberland, also known as Cumberland/Galleria, is a neighborhood in Northwest Atlanta, Georgia, United States, situated ten miles (16 km) northwest of downtown Atlanta." Considering how sprawly Atlanta is, that's Atlanta. The stadium is literally barely outside of I-285. I mean, people weren't going to the games where they were located. The fans that were going tended to be from the region where they're moving. Some of that is that traffic around Atlanta is horrendous (took me an extra couple hours coming back this weekend on a Friday afternoon)...so maybe being closer will entice more. Part of that is certainly economic - people from Cobb county tend to have more disposable income. The area around Turner Field is barren...it was never developed the way that it should've been. Within walking distance, there are parking lots, highways, and a KFC.

I get why people are annoyed from a tradition perspective...but the move to a different part of the city is logical.

Strat, I don't know if it interests you but I've been on a finance textbook kick lately and found a pdf of "Financial Modeling" which is apparently the gold standard book on the subject. What I did not find was the accompanying excel files so I spent $12 and bought them. If you are interested in either let me know. I also found some other more excel centric books. Yahoo!

Strat, I don't know if it interests you but I've been on a finance textbook kick lately and found a pdf of "Financial Modeling" which is apparently the gold standard book on the subject. What I did not find was the accompanying excel files so I spent $12 and bought them. If you are interested in either let me know. I also found some other more excel centric books. Yahoo!

appreciate the offer. I may go that route if I end up wanting to switch tracks, or just get bored.

I know I just tried to sell you on my company, but I just got done applying to something in KC. don't get me wrong, my company is great, but applying for things is a big coping mechanism for me after rough days. I realized today that I can add a new dimension to my applications by snooping the target's 13F. so, in the app tonight, I referred to stuff specific to the custodians this RIA uses, because their assets are all in those custodians' free trade ETFs. I feel like I'd be pretty impressed by that if I were the hiring manager. maybe not.

• Like 1

Is that the kind of rationalizing fan base you really want to be a part of, Fritz?

Care to justify the other side beyond a vague accusation of racism?

I dunno if you really understand how flimsy of a position arguing that the cubs are the team of racial inclusion is, Cobalt, so I had to B-rabbit myself before someone like scram came in and obliterated me.

• Like 4

I dunno if you really understand how flimsy of a position arguing that the cubs are the team of racial inclusion is, Cobalt, so I had to B-rabbit myself before someone like scram came in and obliterated me.

This might be my favorite post of all time.

• Like 1

To be fair to the Cubs, Heyward was happy to escape to them from the Cardinals...though that may not be saying much.

Strat has a great drive to succeed. Some players are born with it, some are not.

I could probably get you a job nap. We have what are called Business Control Mangers. The job of the BCM is to annoy me until I snap and kill everyone. Is there an overdraft in a trust account? Better email me 75 times and tell me about it. And then continue emailing me about after I explain why it happened and why I can't fix it for 30 days. Best to email me daily about how the system needs to be updated. Best to ignore my previous update. Best to risk life and limb bothering me about this. Best to tell me how to do my job even though you don't know shit about it. Best to tell me why company policy supersedes the law. Best to be the most annoying dbag on the face of the planet.

I had to walk out. and I might not go back today. I don't even care.

• Like 1

I'm sorry. That was inappropriate and I apologize.

There's this really hot lady who eats lunch at the food court I do and I see her three times a week at least. I feel like she would enjoy having dinner with me. I really think she'd be interested in what I have to say.

You should just sit down with her next time. She'll appreciate the initiative.

After working like a madman the past two weeks to finish draft 2 of budget the VP's are currently looking it over. I'm just sitting here not doing anything even though I have busy work I could be doing. Waiting for the meeting to end and for my boss to come and talk to me about how fvcked my projections are and how everything needs to change.

You should just sit down with her next time. She'll appreciate the initiative.

Would she? She likes to read during lunch. I'd hate to interrupt that.

If anyone cares, my fantasy draft was not a complete success last night. I didn't use 12 dollars. Got caught up hoarding money to make sure I could get who I wanted at the end when I had more than enough.

Joey Bats for 38.

Joey Voto for 35.

Chris Davis for 31.

Miguel Sano for 20.

Freddie Freeman for 11.

Evan Longoria for 5.

Joc Pederaon for 2.

A Rod for 2.

Pedroia for 2.

S Vogt for 2.

Brandon Crawford for 1. I had saved 4 for him.

Gerrit Cole for 21.

Sonny Gray for 21.

Thor for 20.

Shelby Miller for 5.

Jordan Zimmerman for 4.

Cashner

Tehran

Alex wood

Kazmir

Bauer

Wei yin Chen

Matt Moore

Ervin Santana

Jonathan niese.

I could have had Carlos carasco but I bitched out at 16 because I wasn't sure I'd have enough. Oh well.

• Like 1

Strat, I wish I had your initiative when it comes to applying to jobs. I'm almost scared to leave my current job.

I don't get the feeling that you are at the breaking point with your current job. I am mostly happy with mine, except when I'm just waking up, or when I've been drinking. the circumstances are intolerable at those times.

I don't get the feeling that you are at the breaking point with your current job. I am mostly happy with mine, except when I'm just waking up, or when I've been drinking. the circumstances are intolerable at those times.

You're an angry, mean drunk, aren't you?

hmm, the way I said it, I see how that would come across. I have fun drinking with others at work. I just tend to ruminate on my whole situation during my time away from work.

I'm drinking good british beer, listening to some new music, trying to stop thinking about all the stuff from today and for tomorrow.