I Called In Sick Today

Oregon and the Zags representing the west coast well.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Excellent BCS reference.

I don't believe "whom I'm friendly with" is correct. I'm sure Colby will break it down for me, but if you need to use whom, I woulda went with "with whom I'm friendly"

It's fine. You're thinking of the "rule" about not ending a sentence with a preposition, but it's not ending a sentence, and that's not really a rule anyway...it was just a preference by a guy over a century ago that got taken too far.

Zags really shit the bed there.

Yeah, that was suboptimal.

So I see everything is just as interesting as ever in here. Sorry I don't check in as much anymore but you know, life. But uuuhhh, anyways...

I got a new job, in a real city. We're moving into a new apartment in the fancy part of town at the end of next month. It's finally happening guys. Almost into mid-life, shake is finally growing up.

Been talking to my cousin (a jeweler) about rings too. What in the world fellas.

• Like 4

So I see everything is just as interesting as ever in here. Sorry I don't check in as much anymore but you know, life. But uuuhhh, anyways...

I got a new job, in a real city. We're moving into a new apartment in the fancy part of town at the end of next month. It's finally happening guys. Almost into mid-life, shake is finally growing up.

Been talking to my cousin (a jeweler) about rings too. What in the world fellas.

We need more deets than this. Come on, man! Are you keeping the land you just bought? Vacation home?

Sin City is a good graphic novel series. I love the art style.

So as to not give away too much personal info, I'm gonna basically be a data analyst with a very reputable energy company. About 1/2 of my current responsibility with enough more pay to cover rent and then some. It's exactly what I've been hoping for for the last decade. It's a big deal. Still not as successful as strat, Napa, or essay, but I will be getting my penis touched.

• Like 4

Well I have zero likes since the first 15 minutes so I have to assume you assmunches don't care. I need my likes to survive faggots.

But brv asked something...

Oh yeah, my current ownership. Yes I'm keeping it all. Can't get an empir by selling land. Keeping the house as a basically storage shed for all my shit. And of course keeping the land because there's no reason not to. Taxes will suck but that's it. Factored that into my budget.

• Like 1

I was by no means a lifer at my last job, but I had slipped into the mentality that their pay scale, promotion track, etc. was always going to set my ceiling--that in two years' time, the most I could make was $40k, assuming all the right things happened, and I was willing to work 60 hours. I remember you saying much the same about your company. when I moved a few states away for my current job, it was nerve-wracking, and I took a step back in pay with increased expenses, and initially I was literally scanning documents for people. but it was a system that went out of its way to make sure that a person with drive would not have to fight against that bleak, predetermined track bullshit.

long-term positives in exchange for very short-term aggravation. I'm sure you'll have the same initial jitters, but it sounds like you're getting a huge life upgrade, and away from the caged worker mindset. if it is Houston, I will need you to buy and ship Weller 12 to me. I pay primo. thanks.

Shake's being setup to be the fall guy for an Enron-esque scandal. Calling it now.

But data analyst at a presumably large energy company? You gotta be making at least as much, probably more, than me. And I would never call myself successful.

Napa, I'm regular ole staff accountant for a company that sells fire extinguishers. It's an ok job, really good benefits, boss is kind of a prick but w/e.

• Like 1

Hey, someone's gotta debit the credits and flow the cash. I haven't had to make a journal entry in months. Not sure I remember how to. Last time I did was because my boss asked me to be the backup for a lady who was having some surgery and would be out for awhile. And then when they were doing month end reviews one of my entries caused a variance because some agreement had changed (my entry was right, OBVIOUSLY) and my boss was all accusatory asking "umm, why are you even doing journal entries?" like I would just randomly decide to start making entries for the fun of it. And then when I reminded her that she asked me to back up Lady while she was out she still gave me a suspicious eye like she didn't believe me.