I Called In Sick Today

No breed/size restrictions at the apt?

"working from home" today due to snow. might even do the same tomorrow. supposed to get a few more inches tonight (that's what she said). where it will get dicey is overnight. there is a nice layer of slush from the rain we got before it turned to snow and I imagine that will turn to a nice sheet of ice overnight

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

"working from home" today due to snow. might even do the same tomorrow. supposed to get a few more inches tonight (that's what she said). where it will get dicey is overnight. there is a nice layer of slush from the rain we got before it turned to snow and I imagine that will turn to a nice sheet of ice overnight

Usually I just do this to be a dick, but not today. It's more out of amazement:

Man, that sounds awful, except for the work from home thing, which I couldn't do anyway

It's actually hot here today, in the low 80's

• Like 1

Something really dumb.

mine says, "if you're reading this it's too late."

can we talk miami traffic? good god it was a disaster. i wasn't driving but we accidentally got into the sun pass lane one time and then later somehow got on the highway at sun pass only entrance. it was insanity.

• Like 1

I'm just working on putting the apartment together. Went to the store and got the plunger and also a shower curtain liner to replace the duct taped garbage bags I'd been using along with some other miscellaneous house wares. No shower curtain yet because I didn't like the selection at the store. Got the kitchen put together. Hooked up the surround sound. I've got a lot of empty boxes to dispose of that would clear a lot of this clutter but I'm too lazy to take them to the dumpster.

can we talk miami traffic? good god it was a disaster. i wasn't driving but we accidentally got into the sun pass lane one time and then later somehow got on the highway at sun pass only entrance. it was insanity.

Tip of the iceberg, buddy.

Enjoy Florida

One of my pet peeves...

Lady walks up to the cashier at Walgreens, unloads all of her items, watches the cashier scan and bag each item AND ONLY THEN DOES IT DAWN ON HER THAT SHE HAS TO PAY FOR HER PURCHASE. So we all have to wait for what seems like 5 minutes of digging in her purse for her wallet, then searching said wallet for her debit card, then figuring out the card reader. FFS people, have a little consideration for the other people in line.

And don't even get me started on the lady that wrote a check for groceries last week and again didn't think to pull out her checkbook until everything was rung up.

• Like 1

Tip of the iceberg, buddy.

Enjoy Florida

already back home. that weather was pretty great though. i can see how a man gets used to that kind of january weather. i got outside back here at the terminal and it was 36 degrees. felt like the depths of the arctic sea.

tilty, these people are everywhere. it happens every time at target. something always goes wrong at checkout. i just try to check twitter and wait it out. but i can get a little HEATED if i'm through twitter and here and its still going on.

Florida is pretty awful, especially the toll roads. I exited somewhere down in Miami because I needed to, and there wasn't another exit for many miles. It just happened to be a SunPass only exit. Like you literally could not use the exit unless you had a SunPass. I couldn't believe that such terrible planning even existed in the world. At that point, I obviously couldn't turn around, and I ended up with a $15 bill from the State of Florida in my mailbox.

Also, the toll to drive a few hours from Miami to Orlando was like $30. I couldn't believe what a racket they had going on down there.

Apparently SunPass is going to start working with EZ Pass within the next few years, which will make it easier for me, since I basically live in Communist Chicago. I miss good states, where toll roads don't exist. Tell me a story about your wonderful roads, NapaDon.

As far as I know, Georgia has on only one or two toll roads. I'm not aware of any in Alabama or Tennessee, but it's possible they're somewhere.

But yeah, they're everywhere around here. Last I checked it was only like $24 to go from I-75 to Fort Lauderdale via the turnpike. When gas was last cheap, it sometimes made sense to take the long route and avoid the toll...I-10 over to Jacksonville and then down I-95...though it adds an extra 30-40mins to the trip. As gas prices shot up, burning the extra fuel no longer made sense. Not sure if it's back to viable again.

What are you guys paying for gas now? It seems like we've plateaued on that drop down. It's been $1.44-1.49 for about a month now.

No state tax, except for the Sunshine Tax, which is our code for shit costing more because of the sunshine in January

Miami is a shit show, but so are most big cities. Orlando has some expensive toll roads. Miami is secretly a third world country.

I though EZ-Pass works with the sunpass. I know I used my Sunpass when I'm driving to Georgia. Haven't gotten a ticket yet and I seem to get charged.

Gas is about $1.74 a gallon, give or take

It took me five minutes to get out of my parking lot (lots of people turning left across a 4 lane from a lot that's close to a busy intersection so cars will be backed up from the stoplight blocking the exit) this morning and another seven to get to work because I hit a lot of red lights and I wanted to kill myself at the inconvenience. I'm spoiled.

• Like 1

So, what was the verdict? Did the client live on South Beach? What was his city of residence?

He lives on Miami beach very near south beach. I wasn't there long enough to fully figure it out. His official city of residence is Miami beach.

Gas finally got down to $1.99 at home this past week. I'm in Oregon currently and its $1.69 at the truck stop down the road. CA gets the double whammy of stupid high gas taxes plus the requirement of some special gas formula that is supposed to reduce emissions so we never see the real low prices other states enjoy.

Remember that 20 million and the hard to deal with attorney I mentioned? It's getting more complicated. Now we'll have to withdraw the trust asserts, but then in an LLC and have the LLC units held in a South Dakota trust. But we should keep everything. It's been quite the ordeal.