I Called In Sick Today

Sometimes I forget there is a bit of an age gap here on this site.

If you're a younger guy getting his first solo apartment, don't sweat it. Get a Craigslist couch, a decent TV and a Sybian. That's pretty much all you need.

• Like 3
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I especially love it when I see Hotels "advertise" this.

"Oh. I guess we aren't staying there."

Oh crap, are you serious? My anniversary is also on the 31st.

Nah, totally got lucky on the matching date in an attempt to troll you.

The old apartment is saying we owe them rent for today. Might need a strongly worded letter from my lawyer.

Did you not give notice that you were leaving? Was your lease up? Do they have any of your last/security?

I gave notice in December that we would not be renewing our lease and our lease ended 1/31. They're not open Sunday so we couldn't turn in the keys and get a receipt for doing so.

They have our $250 deposit which I'm sure they will just take the day of rent out of which will result in my calling and bitching. Not because I give a shit about $15 but because it's the principle of the matter.

I have my thermostat set at 60 degrees. It's 30 degrees out and it's still a sauna in here. I'm having to use a fan and summer levels of blankets just to be midly comfortable while sleeping. I'm not sure if this bodes well for summer or not.

I have my thermostat set at 60 degrees. It's 30 degrees out and it's still a sauna in here. I'm having to use a fan and summer levels of blankets just to be midly comfortable while sleeping. I'm not sure if this bodes well for summer or not.

Were you not provided an openable window?

• Like 1

Pipes freeze and burst up here in the north. Not worth the risk of keeping the heater off.

Shows you what I know about cold weather

Looks like you're screwed

I'm fine not using a ton of blankets and a fan and keeping the thermostat low is good for the pocketbook.

I'm far more concerned about summer and if this is a sign my place is super energy efficient and I'll have to run minimal A/C or if it's going to be even hotter and I'll have to run the A/C 24/7 wiping out any of my heating bill savings.

You'll be happy to know though in talking to my SIL about puppies and she doesn't think hers will be ready until the fall since her dog just got out of heat so I've been looking at local shelters for possible pups.

My place *is* built into a hill...

Oh, hey, my toilet clogged last night and I don't own a plunger. Didn't even think it was that big of a poop TBH. Fortunately, I know how to shut off the water so it didn't flood or anything and it slowly drained so I'll be able to plunge without getting literal shit water everywhere and I have another toilet I can use in the meantime.

You're just gonna dive right in and get a dog? Bold move

Buy a plunger first.

Sit down, make first, furious push. Let settle

Flush

Secondary push, if light, carry on, if substantial,

Flush

Wipe thoroughly,

Flush

It's the only way to live

• Like 1

Well, I'm going to organize all my belongings from their current state, first.

Probably going to wait until it's more spring than winter before actually getting the dog. But I've been wanting a dog for years. YEARS. And I finally am able to. Very excited.