I Called In Sick Today

i knew someone would comment on that. but if you'll notice that beam next to the drivers side door. if you don't pull forward all the way the drivers door can't open fully. it's a very poorly designed spot.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Well you know who to turn to when, after years of solitary living you finally decide to turn the extra bedroom into a "playroom" for your "pets."

• Like 1

Minimalism is key. Make sure every design element you need and/or love, and get rid of everything else. Clutter is the enemy of taste. That isn't to say forget all purely aesthetic flourishes, just make sure you love each one, because they will now become a permanent part of your mental environment.

Youre right BigD. I should have included you originally. And Dutch. Essay your input appreciation is implied.

I'm concerned with cable management, especially with my surround sound wires. And my cable input is at a terrible location. Giving serious thought to popping off the trim and scoring the drywall and running cables there.

• Like 1

Everything has to go together. Think of your decor like a living organism with a bunch of working systems.

It doesn't matter if all your other bodily systems are working fine, one tiny little arterial blockage and the whole thing comes crashing down. Your nervous system could be healthy as a horse. Doesn't matter. Decor must be exactly correct or it is entirely incorrect. There is no valiant effort or 'almost there'.

Everything is contingent on everything else.

In 99.9% of cases, you cannot maintain a cogent decor with 'the furniture you have'. You must get rid of it all and start over with a blank slate, or keep those one or two 'beloved pieces' but understand that's going to define your eventual sofa and your tables and your pillows, which is very constraining. This includes highlight elements.

I wouldn't get too hung up on finding the "perfect" decor given this is your first solo apartment. Wait until you buy, then focus on a top to bottom look at your furnishings etc. Here I would say experiment, find what you like and what works for you.

• Like 1

Napa, buy stuff you like, put it where you like it. Fvck anybody else's opinion.

Wife and my 29th anniversary today. Just relaxing around the house today then going out to a nice steakhouse for dinner.

Yeah, I'm old.

• Like 1

I like how people still say "flat screen TV's" as if that's some kind of meaningful prosperity indicator.

I especially love it when I see Hotels "advertise" this.

"Oh. I guess we aren't staying there."

Napa, buy stuff you like, put it where you like it. Fvck anybody else's opinion.

Wife and my 29th anniversary today. Just relaxing around the house today then going out to a nice steakhouse for dinner.

Yeah, I'm old.

Oh crap, are you serious? My anniversary is also on the 31st.

I spent $500 on a decent couch, and everything else was a donation from my parents. I don't have cable and don't invite people over, so anything more just seems like a waste.

I know Napa probably has more friends and reasons to give a shit about this stuff. I'm just looking at it like every dollar spent on something dumb like bourbon is setting me back another day or two from being able to afford a nicer home.

Yeah, I'm not trying to spend a ton of money. A little paint. Maybe one or two nice pieces. I like my couch. It matches the carpet here and I already have it. I've got a nice coffee table that I got years ago from a friend. I just don't want to be embarrassed when I have guests. Maybe even have them be a little impressed.