I Called In Sick Today

REI has/had a rare sale on smart wool socks. $10/pair. Bought a couple pair. Not bad.

The lady friend had a present for me under the tree this year labeled that it was from "Jewish Santa". It, of course, was a pair of socks.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Uh, nice ones? Just above the ankle. Kind of designed like ski socks if we're talking aesthetics. Fairly warm.

I'll post the brand when I get home, since I'm sure you're not the only man waiting on the edge of his seat.

Governors Ball just announced and the lineup is crazy good and I'm going to be in Boston that weekend. Speedz....can I crash at your place for a night?

Like most every other Jew not in FL, he lives in Brooklyn

• Like 1

Good thing Governors Ball is held between Brooklyn and Manhattan, then.

Well that does work out.

But you said you'll be in Boston that weekend.

Governors ball is Friday-Sunday. The wedding is Saturday. NYC's a manageable train ride from Boston. The biggest name usually closes on Sunday. The biggest name is Kanye.

Keep up, Ron.

Oh, I read the lineup about 6 hours ago. I wouldn't go if it was free

Keep up, Napa

• Like 1

Just LOL at looking at that lineup and saying "no thanks". I would go to over half these artists solo shows if they were in town.

Talking with a friend the only way I think it would make sense is if I stayed in NYC and went GB, wedding, GB. Doubt it's going to happen.

• Like 1

Governors Ball just announced and the lineup is crazy good and I'm going to be in Boston that weekend. Speedz....can I crash at your place for a night?

Of course! I don't keep up with the festival circuit, but as long as it's not the first weekend in June absolutely anything else should be fine!

• Like 1

got me so upset that you won't take the L I'm double posting

You're welcome.

We'll revisit this when you're 43 and the GB announces their lineup. Oh wait, lemme guess, you're gonna be the guy that's into all the new, hip, festival worthy music until the day you die. No, no you won't.

I liked lots of new, relatively unknown acts in my 20'e and early 30's. Shit passes most of us by at some point. I will say music was never my first priority, but I did really like it, but I also know I've been to at least three times as many arena/amphitheater sized concerts of bands doing a big tour.

Sorry, not trying to measure concert dicks, just trying to make a point that music passes most of us by at some point.

That lineup has literally every kind of music. If I don't like any music at all in 15 years than tell me to put a bullet in my head. To say there's nothing of interest there is either you having terrible taste in music or being intentionally dismissive. Am I going to want to deal with going to a festival in 15 years? Incredibly doubtful. Will I still be listening to new music? Brvy I hope so. I mean, The Strokes? They've been out for almost 20 years! The Killers? 10 years-ish. Gary Clark Jr...10 years-ish. Even Kanye's been out for 12 years. BECK!? DE LA SOUL?! BIG BOI'S GOING TO BE THERE

I saw DeLa in the 90's with Maceo Parker, when they weren't 20 years away from relevance and they were awful (and I adore De La)

I'd have loved to see Beck 15 years ago (particularly during the midnight vultures tour) but now? Meh. Never liked either the strikes or the killers. I hate Death cab. Kanye and big grams are the only acts I'd want to see, and it would annoy the shit out if me to have to sit through all those other acts to see them

That lineup has literally every kind of music. If I don't like any music at all in 15 years than tell me to put a bullet in my head. To say there's nothing of interest there is either you having terrible taste in music or being intentionally dismissive. Am I going to want to deal with going to a festival in 15 years? Incredibly doubtful. Will I still be listening to new music? Brvy I hope so. I mean, The Strokes? They've been out for almost 20 years! The Killers? 10 years-ish. Gary Clark Jr...10 years-ish. Even Kanye's been out for 12 years. BECK!? DE LA SOUL?! BIG BOI'S GOING TO BE THERE

I didn't say I don't like music. I don't like a lot of new, hip music. I know some of that is on me.

The Killers are solid, The Strokes as well. Never liked Beck that much, a song here or there. I'm mostly a rock guy, Foo Fighters and bands like that. Don't know any Gary Clark, not a De La Soul guy.

I was being a little dismissive as a goof, and music isn't my first love, but you'll see. Some of the old fcks here will chime in and support my point. I think

• Like 1