I Called In Sick Today

Brvy, my sweater game defeats your big and tall suit game.

Bad news though, my trip to Jupiter got moved up to February 1st, so no spring training. Apparently the guy lives in Jupiter, so that's why my dad does it that way each year. But the guys investment manager is retiring so we gotta go early. Fvck this life of mine. Looks like Miami beach is in play though for February 2nd.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Jeans, dark blue or black, polo shirt DW watch (brown leather band) and brown Cole Haans most days.

I wear jeans almost exclusively. Sometimes I'll mix it up and wear chinos but that's usually spring/summer. Lots of henleys and sweaters. Occasional button down. I'm at a bad place fat wise right now where a lot of my "skinny" clothes don't fit anymore and I got rid of a lot of my fat clothes. I need to get my shit in order. I've only worked out a few times this year and have been eating terribly.

Luckily for you the year is only 7 days old so you have plenty of time.

Fashion tap: when you wear a sweater over a dress shirt, non button down, the collar goes under the sweater. Not over. This isn't the goddamn 70s, show some class.

I think the collar under looks super stuffy. Who wants to have to keep their shirt buttoned up to the top?

There's a specific podcast you might either love or hate - the Nerdist episode with Daniel Craig. There's a decent amount of fashion talk that I found amusing.

Nothing engenders more existential self-consciousness among losers than someone dressed business-casual who's taking the same drugs, pointing a glow-stick at you and laughing.

I like this image a lot.

I wear jeans almost exclusively.

Can we start calling them "dungarees"? Which brands can really be called that? Lee, probably. Wrangler?

Oh, and I wear scrubs to work, so that's pretty great. It's like walking around in pajamas all day, but you don't have to care if they're splattered in various body fluids. For my non-work wear I finally got rid of the cargo pants a few years ago and am a jeans guy. Slowly phasing out the cargo shorts as well, but there's no way that will every be complete.

I think the collar under looks super stuffy. Who wants to have to keep their shirt buttoned up to the top?

it's not stuffy, it's classy. and you don't have too. why just today i took the tie off after lunch, unbuttoned that top button and let the sternum bush breathe. and all the while my collar remained UNDER the sweater, where it belongs.

I don't understand the logic behind having to wear a tie in the morning but not the afternoon if meetings aren't necessarily the deciding factor for both. Is it so everyone is sure to have a tie just in case of a finance emergency that requires formal attire?

trying to set up this scalable thing that allows advisors to easily plug and play with our portfolios. everyone was told that they should prep clients for the long-term view, because we can't customize--stay in or stay out. today's shitstorm happens, and I am immediately hit with requests to go to cash for a few days, to leave extra cash temporarily, etc. etc.

****ing despise my job.

Don't blame the job, blame the Chinese.

****ing despise my job.

When did that happen? I thought we liked this one.

When did that happen? I thought we liked this one.

when it's bad, and especially when it's bad for just me, the compensation disparity starts to sting. it's just aggravating because there isn't any answer except to get my exam finished and wait another 12-14 months to hit three years' experience.

the chinaman is not the issue here dude.

False. The stock market carnage of this week is due in large part to the Chinese governments inability to keep their economy falsely propped up. Obviously the ever present Middle East stand offs, especially between Iran and the Saudis lately, isn't helping either.