Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Edit: Also, apparently there's been an 'outbreak' which may be spooking people. Shows what I know.

https://finance.yaho...-230518459.html

Along the same vein as the lack of chinese food on christmas, I'm not particularly good with money. My thought would be that this e. coli thing presents a big opportunity, since the stock will drop and could be snapped up, since I'm assuming it will get back on track eventually. I assume that's not an original thought and if it was that easy everyone could do it, so what am I missing there?

Soeedz!!!

Ron! Your dogs are adorable.

• Like 1

I mean, I like them too (as a product) but is their growth sustainable from this point?

They're already approaching Applebees-type levels as far as total locations. Once you get all the no-brainer large and midsized markets, the next question is, does every Ottumwa across the entire US sustain one, too? Because for it to even justify 30X'ish, it would need to.

Edit: Also, apparently there's been an 'outbreak' which may be spooking people. Shows what I know.

https://finance.yaho...-230518459.html

yeah, the outbreak is the only reason I looked at it. 30x is definitely still pricing in some serious growth, for sure--but it's the most 'on sale' this brand has ever been. maybe we have gone from laughably expensive to still really expensive, I don't know.

http://financials.morningstar.com/valuation/price-ratio.html?t=CMG

kind of an oddball pick, but near the top of my list right now: JW.A.

http://financials.morningstar.com/ratios/r.html?t=JW.A&region=USA&culture=en_US

• Like 1

Along the same vein as the lack of chinese food on christmas, I'm not particularly good with money. My thought would be that this e. coli thing presents a big opportunity, since the stock will drop and could be snapped up, since I'm assuming it will get back on track eventually. I assume that's not an original thought and if it was that easy everyone could do it, so what am I missing there?

There was a pretty famous story about Warren Buffett recognizing a short-term blip with Amex being temporary and going yard (and making a killing)

https://www.intellig...-warren-buffett

My guess is that Chipotle is just at such a crossroads from a valuation standpoint. There's no doubt its really good food but the novelty factor is long gone, there's now a Chipotle pretty much everywhere. Even to justify 30X, it means you're already accepting/pricing in at least some meaningful headroom in the intermediate term.

Who knows. Maybe its sustainable. Its possible the outbreak was a catalyst event that is causing people to get real'er on valuation (which is usually how that goes) or maybe it does present a buying opportunity for a franchise that is destined to be absolutely everywhere. No clue on this one.

Chipotle

Makes sense.

Thanks for noticing, Speedzy. They are fun. Mostly

Oh, I'd imagine they're a huge handful. I'm impressed with anyone who can handle multiple high energy beasts.

• Like 1

Hi Speedz.

Hey now. Glad to see multiple of yous are still around.

About to finally take advantage of Seinfeld being on Hulu. Going with The Opposite as first viewing - partially because it was on some countdown list I saw recently, but mostly because it's my favorite.

• Like 2

Hello friend of friends. Merry Chanumas to you and your fiancé? Is this news?

I made wild mushroom and leek soup. It turned out mediocre and looks messy so maybe no pictures/recipe this time. You can have some if you want, though.

the e coli is just monsanto operatives sabotaging stores because the company is vociferously anti-GMO, maaaaaaaaaan.

I forgot to mention my xmas dinner: prime rib, roasted root vegetables, sauteed brussel sprouts and leeks, mashed potatoes n' gravy, mushrooms cooked in veg broth and red wine.

• Like 1

the e coli is just monsanto operatives sabotaging stores because the company is vociferously anti-GMO, maaaaaaaaaan.

This is, apparently, actually a 'thing'.

They've announced that they're no longer buying certain stuff from local growers, etc.

anyone watch MAKING A MURDERER on netflix? pretty good so far.

My oldest is watching it and says it's great. I'll watch but haven't started yet.

Congrats on the engagement speedz.

Hi speedz. And everyone else I suppose.

Scram is right about red potatoes.

Hope everybody's lovely. I'd like to say I've been busy with work and my lady friend and that's why I haven't posted, but the truth is reddit keeps me more occupied. Sorry losers. Work and girlfriend still there though. Amazingly enough.

Anyways, got her a smoker for Christmas. Had rib tonight. Didn't cook them long enough and they still ended up tough. Anybody got any foolproof smoker recipes?

Oh, and strat, did you see me lurking or something? Stalker.

Also saw star wars on Christmas. It was ok, but I hated when princess lea let spock do her in the ass. Didn't fit the plot at all.

I had some other replies but oh well. Hello.

• Like 1

Also, a couple observations:

strat - good on you for getting (and somehow keeping) a girlfriend. Sounds like you're doing good too so don't listen to any advice from these idiots. Keep those sodas not flowing.

Napa, seems you're doing ok for yourself as well. Maybe not in the ladies department just yet but I tell ya, you keep going the way you do and eventually you'll get some slut to want to get knocked up by you. Nothing wrong with that. I mean unless you actually knock her up. But seriously, keep focusing on improving yourself and you'll do just fine, I promise.

Hank, that facebook post about christmas and your girlfriend was gay as shit. God damn. She must lick your ass or something.

And essay, you're still you.

Everybody else, I like you as well, but you're doing well enough in your lives (or no different I guess) to not warrant specific attention. And that's a good thing.

Except you ron. What a loser.

• Like 2