• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

The girl I'm dating got me one of those bath products baskets for Christmas.

May as well have been a gift card. Oh well. At least my bubble bath tonight will be this much better with Lemon Sandalwood Olive-Oil soap.

What side are you on? On the institution's side, these deals are excruciating. Art has such a long story to tell, forms fall in and out of scholarly favor, and then sometimes an institution gets a better representation of something that's been gifted. Or a comparable Warhol, but there are no restrictions on how long it has to be displayed.

I wonder if they have a deaccession agreement. There have been cases where museums have claimed important works were no longer 'wanted' so they could sell them for the funds. This is common when a museum punches above its weight with one or two particularly important works which is never, ever going to happen with AIC but its something they must occasionally consider when too much seven/eight figure stuff sits for too long in the warehouse.

Either way, Warhol is such horseshit. I'm actually a huge fan of pop art but the only thing that can be guaranteed here is that AIC fails in choosing its display regime.

a watch, a game, and a card (obv). also mashed potatoes.

I can teach you how to make the best ever mashed potatoes if you'd like. Easy as shit.

Love you all. Even essay. Especially essay. Good peeps here. It's why I stay.

• Like 2

Teach away

Get some nice, russet potatoes, peel, then dice in equal sizes. Put into a pot of cold water. Salt that water liberally.

Bring to a boil and test potatoes until they can be easily cut by a butter knife

Get some heavy whipping cream. Put it in the microwave until it's got a touch of heat to it. Can't be cold

Have a stick of butter. Unsalted is better

Have some sour cream as well

Once potatoes are tender, drain. Put a full stick of butter in dry pot. Put drained potatoes on top of butter. Pour a touch of heavy cream on top,add some salt and pepper. Mash potatoes. While mashing, add sour cream, and more heavy whipping cream to get a good texture. Taste to see if salt and pepper levels are right.

Continue on this path until texture and taste is perfect. Heavy cream, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper. Those are the keys.

• Like 2

Get some nice, russet potatoes, peel, then dice in equal sizes. Put into a pot of cold water. Salt that water liberally.

Bring to a boil and test potatoes until they can be easily cut by a butter knife

Get some heavy whipping cream. Put it in the microwave until it's got a touch of heat to it. Can't be cold

Have a stick of butter. Unsalted is better

Have some sour cream as well

Once potatoes are tender, drain. Put a full stick of butter in dry pot. Put drained potatoes on top of butter. Pour a touch of heavy cream on top,add some salt and pepper. Mash potatoes. While mashing, add sour cream, and more heavy whipping cream to get a good texture. Taste to see if salt and pepper levels are right.

Continue on this path until texture and taste is perfect. Heavy cream, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper. Those are the keys.

You like to leave a little lumpy or go all the way to creamy?

Get some nice, russet potatoes, peel...

Unpeeled red potatoes are the undisputed master-race of mashed potatoes.

Fresh, coarsely chopped roasted softneck garlic, sour cream, butter, venison gravy.

• Like 1
Happy holidays nerds. That's for entertaining me Ron, Frau, BigD, David, scroomy, brvy, essay, spademan, Napa, tilty, jubi, hank, thera, strat, ocho, quacktastic

:(

Holidays have been fairly busy...hence my absence. A good portion of my family came into town this week. For my brother and his GF, it's their first visit since our wedding 2 years ago. My mom and step-dad are going to watch the kids while we go out for our anniversary tomorrow. We're planning to see Star Wars.

Tilty, I use a masher, so I don't mind a lump or two here and there. I know people that use a damn hand mixer and essentially whip them. I'm not a fan of that.

I will occasioanally use the red potatoes, as Scrammy mentioned.

To change it up, I'll roast some garlic in the over and add that in for roasted garlic mashed potatoes.

I haven't mastered gravy yet, which is sad because I like it and my mother makes a mean gravy. Maybe I should make a roast beef. Hmmm

• Like 1

That's what I figured Ronnie. I too like a little bit of texture in them, and you can never go wrong with garlic.

My father and brother in law decided to do the roasts on the smoker. I was a little skeptical that the smoke would cover up that beef goodness but both roasts came out great, super moist and tender. The rib roast was exceedingly good. Forgot to ask about the cost though.

That wasn't a masturbation joke, I literally use a hand mixer for mashed potatoes

You're not alone. Some restaurants push the potatoes through a damn strainer to get a traditional potato purée.