I Called In Sick Today

You gotta take the lead tilty. Can't leave it up to chance.

I should have. But when we specifically talked about getting a rib roast I didn't think I needed to. Of course, nobody was surprised when they heard what he'd done.

I'm gonna want the cost of that grass-fed mofo. Should be a fun difference in quality. Especially when instant coupons only mean that it's old.

I'm curious as well.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

That's sure to bring a lot of joy to everyone, nap. LOT OF JOY.

At least there was no traffic this morning. This country is going to shit, no work ethic among the masses. I'm here though, keeping it real.

We can do this Napa. Starting Jan 4th, I will pm you updates, workouts and lbs lost.

I want in on this too. Naps, set up a google doc that we can share and update.

• Like 1

Brvheart, what awesome things have you been doing?

SO MUCH, Frau. You won't even believe it.

We are heading to Iowa on Friday, so we did Christmas last night. We have a tradition that we open the presents at night and then the kids can stay up as late as they want. I made it to 3am. When I woke up at 9, all 5 kids were still up and going. As I'm writing this, we are getting ready to start another game of Dominion (since they got the latest expansion for a family gift) and all of them are still going strong. I think they will all make it to 8pm, which will get them right back on their regular schedule for Grandmas.

I doubt you're aware, but the Institute just got gifted something quite special. Some Chicago business dude donated 42 of his personal paintings worth $400 or so, and they have their own exhibit now that just opened last week.

• Like 2

We are heading to Iowa on Friday, so we did Christmas last night. We have a tradition that we open the presents at night and then the kids can stay up as late as they want. I made it to 3am. When I woke up at 9, all 5 kids were still up and going. As I'm writing this, we are getting ready to start another game of Dominion (since they got the latest expansion for a family gift) and all of them are still going strong. I think they will all make it to 8pm, which will get them right back on their regular schedule for Grandmas.

I doubt you're aware, but the Institute just got gifted something quite special. Some Chicago broker donated 44 of his personal paintings worth $400 or so, and they have their own exhibit now that just opened last week.

Big deal, I could give them at least $450.

• Like 3

I doubt you're aware, but the Institute just got gifted something quite special. Some Chicago business dude donated 42 of his personal paintings worth $400 or so, and they have their own exhibit now that just opened last week.

That's awesome. I remember reading about the donation earlier this year. I like the 42 out of 500 works accepted, the 50 year display agreement, and the casual problems of the ultra rich.

• Like 1

Is 6.99/lb a good price for angus rib roast? The day $14 a pound regular but it feels like that is inflated to make it sound like a deal. Doing ham for xmas but really want to give one a try. Need to make sure it will be $60 well spent.

Nowadays $6.99 is a really good deal for a rib roast. You won't be sorry as long as you don't cook beyond medium rare/medium.

• Like 1

That's awesome. I remember reading about the donation earlier this year. I like the 42 out of 500 works accepted, the 50 year display agreement, and the casual problems of the ultra rich.

This post almost made me cry. It's like you can see into my soul. I was explaining the 50 year deal to my daughter a couple weeks ago, and we were discussing how it was probably a major reason he didn't give it to a different museum.

• Like 1

Hittin the alcohol/eggnog purdy good

Happy holidays nerds. That's for entertaining me Ron, Frau, BigD, David, scroomy, brvy, essay, spademan, Napa, tilty, jubi, hank, thera, strat, ocho, quacktastic

• Like 4

MERRY XMAS YOU FILTHY ANIMALS.

anybody get anything good? my mom gave me a hundred bucks, though i wish she wouldn't because i don't need the money. my dad isn't over yet, still driving, so i don't know what he got me but its probably a gift card to Macys, which is always nice because Macys has so many great things.

You're lucky Tanner didn't see your original post in the Chrorizzo RIP thread, Scram, if he's this upset about a Spoiler. God, his expectation that you apologize and feel remorse, its like he's never paid attention to a single one of your posts before. It's like a microcosm of how ridiculous our culture has become in expecting insincere regret from athletes and celebrities.

• Like 1

This post almost made me cry. It's like you can see into my soul. I was explaining the 50 year deal to my daughter a couple weeks ago, and we were discussing how it was probably a major reason he didn't give it to a different museum.

What side are you on? On the institution's side, these deals are excruciating. Art has such a long story to tell, forms fall in and out of scholarly favor, and then sometimes an institution gets a better representation of something that's been gifted. Or a comparable Warhol, but there are no restrictions on how long it has to be displayed.

I want to go to that exhibit and pick out the 5-6 pieces the Art Institute took to get the bulk of the 42.

Thanks fritz, you're a gem for remembering me.

LCD Soundsystem made a Christmas song. PLEASE BE DOING OTHER STUFF TOO? LIKE AN ALBUM? C'MON.

Lord that's a good, depressing song. Maybe follow that up with Prince's "Another Lonely Christmas."