I Called In Sick Today

THE SNOZZBERRIES TASTE LIKE SNOZZBERRIES.

I desperately need this FA to call me back but she will not. At least ten times I've called. It's so frustrating how little they care about what I need to do my job.

financial advisor? so you don't do any of the financial planning, nor do you do any portfolio management. what do you actually do? do you do anything at all?

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yes financial advisor. In this case, there is an FA, but no PM. This is our sister company, one of the largest brokerage companies in the US. I don't normally work with them but this St. Louis pilot is testing the idea.

As for me, I manage the banks fiduciary obligations towards a select number of trust accounts . We are the largest trust company in the country, so I have to administer irrevocable trusts and work to get the bank named in living trusts. Plus, I have to monitor all the investments, not for specific stocks or bonds or finds, but for risk. I have to make sure we are within fiduciary guidelines, not concentrated anywhere, taking into consideration the governing document and the needs /wants of current beneficiaries and remainder interests.

What'd you order? How much did it cost? Did you tip?

While I called it a Chinese place, it was actually more of a sushi place that also had Chinese. I ordered two sushi rolls and steamed pot stickers. I tipped 20% on top of their $4 delivery fee (full disclosure, I ordered and paid online and included the tip. Won't do that again)

so, basically, this advisor is old and beginning to lose it. he was good back in the day, but now he's passing the business on to his kid, who has zero experience. his two biggest clients are coming over to us. one of the new clients says to us, "would you like me to approach him about joining your firm, so that his book can transition to his kid with minimal losses?" we're like, we would certainly like to talk to him about it, if you want to get the ball rolling.

resolution: "he said some things that can't be unsaid, and I don't want to talk about the situation anymore." obviously the client had good intentions here, and my firm would have been able to salvage the situation for the kid, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how anyone thought this plan of action would do anything but make the guy go ballistic.

Spent last night and today buying and then getting the Christmas lights up in anticipation for our all day party on Saturday. I invited Ron, but he said he can't go. My wife said the lights make her feel like an adult. The blue lights are quite pretty and make a shimmering effect that looks a little like a waterfall.

9zqPxKY.jpg

QzBOqze.jpg

• Like 1

Napa and anyone else, my apologies. I just started listening to the RTJ2 yesterday. My life is a little sweeter and dirtier.

Have I talked to you all about my promotion and raise? I'm now a boss, and I'm making more than twice what I was making when I left my previous organization. I am attractive, have a library card, and saw a crossdressing midget (f to m) absolutely kill it in a costume contest last weekend. I should be content.

Yesterday, though, yesterday Frau lost her cool. There was a heated workplace Yankee Swap gift exchange incident where I did not get what I wanted due to cheating. (Someone who had not donated a gift into the exchange then got a pity turn. Instead of taking one of the unopened gifts, she took my prize.)

What is wrong with me? She's basic, and still lives at home.

Do you remember this? I do, because my office party is tomorrow and I'm wrapping a present for the goddamn Yankee swap. My co-workers do, because earlier this week I was in the kitchen and some of them were talking about how to organize the gift exchange "so it doesn't happen like last year…" And then they froze and looked at me.

The basic co-worker quit/fired in the early fall. I just don't want to be an ass two years running. C'mon Frau, keep your cool.

• Like 1

What you needed to do was get the exact thing that was stolen from you, and make it your gift. Then, when someone opens it, do the "I'm watching you", by pointing two fingers to your eyes, then to them, thing.

• Like 3

I Yankee swapped a little tool kit thing from my brother at our family Christmas last year. I was the only jackass that swapped. It was worth it.

Adele tickets go on sale in 3 minutes. Me and my girlfraann are going to try and get tickets. Please Adele be with us.

I've gotngood thoughts for you and Adele.

Restaurant nerd news: I met Guy Savoy's son yesterday, and I'll be going to Ludo LeFabvre's Trois Mec restaurant for New Years.

Holiday party yesterday and today, a couple of hours of work Saturday and Sunday--then I'm off until January. I'm a little concerned, I don't think I have enough fun things lined up.

• Like 1

Yankee swaps can be fun but there always seems to be one controversy that makes things awkward. I prefer secret Santa if I have to do anything at all. Which thankfully I don't with this job.

Everyone buys gifts for the kids, but we do Secret Santa among the adults with my in-laws. We went a bit over budget this year...ended up with $70 gifts instead of $50. I also got the same thing for my family - Fire Sticks all around.

Kim or your placenta eater? I hear there's more than one now...

i'd love a chance to eat some placenta right now. pretty horny these days.

I'm not sure where you learned about sex, but I think someone misinformed you.

• Like 6