I Called In Sick Today

a department head got completely dismantled by the CEO today, by all accounts. basically, the department was moved to a different part of the office so that management could observe the work ethic first-hand. literally this person was given leeway for 1.5 years, abused it the entire time, worked probably 25 hours/week max. it gives me a nice tingly feeling to see it happen.

no delusions here, it is much easier to bring the hammer down on someone who drives no revenue. the advisors who make $200k+ and habitually put in the same hours--that problem probably won't be fixed until that generation retires.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I think you should display them on the top of your desk. Just a wall of diplomas so that anyone visiting your office has to look over them to interact with you. This is good for you for two reasons: it's a power move and it cuts down on personal interactions.

People who have a lot of diplomas tend to hide behind them figuratively, may as well arrange them in such a way that they can hide behind them literally, too.

• Like 4

Napa, how much was the Angel's Envy? Had a bottle eyeing me last night for $45, but stratavarious' proof dilemma crept into my head, and even though they raised the price on my beloved Four Roses Single Barrel by $2 up to $38, I had to stick with the delicious 100 proof.

They're instituting a new web filter at work today at 8 am. If they block deadspin my productivity is going to sky rocket.

dotVPN

I work for an IT company that deals with a ton of sensitive data...you think they let us install stuff on our computers or I'd risk getting caught trying to VPN just so I could waste more time at work?

• Like 1

Yeah, but you'd be a lot better off just finding what ever current hash tag #BlackTwitter has created that day, and using that one instead. There will sure to be an Empire-related hashtag tonight, and #BlackTwitter WILL be watching, believe that.

• Like 1

That douchenozzle who mocked the little black kid does indeed deserve 100% of what he's getting.

I don't need to lay out my 'cred' when it comes to non-PC humor, mocking some random little kid on facebook is repugnant.

As an aside, has Empire convinced blacks that gay is awesome?

Blacks have been pretty damn resistant to rainbowmania.

• Like 1

That douchenozzle who mocked the little black kid does indeed deserve 100% of what he's getting.

I don't need to lay out my 'cred' when it comes to non-PC humor, mocking some random little kid on facebook is repugnant.

As an aside, has Empire convinced blacks that gay is awesome?

Blacks have been pretty damn resistant to rainbowmania.

#BlackTwitter should not just be confused just any black using twitter, it's a specific thing/culture. so its hard for me to say, exactly. Black Twitter is more millennial than the blacks you're probably used to. It has a disproportionate amount of HBCU students/graduates, who are, in general, much more LBGT-friendly than your average black person. Particularly Black Feminist Twitter, which prides itself on it's intersectionality. That's not to say there aren't some homophobes on #BlackTwitter, but they tend to get shouted down pretty quickly.

I have a hard time getting excited about baseball if my team is not playing. During the season you're not going to see me spending 3 hours watching a game between two random teams. I will watch when things get compelling: NLCS/ALCS elimination games and the later part of the World Series probably.

Tried the Angel's envy, Strat. Pretty good. Pretty prettaaay good. It's really smooth.

My roommates girlfriend saw me drinking it and asked my opinion for a bottle for her dad. Told her Sazarec was a really good buy for the price. Now she thinks I know shit. Thanks, Straf.