I Called In Sick Today

question for jll re sous vide:

how does it doe for rendering fat? I was reading yet another "cook the perfect steak" article where they were doing a version of a sous vide in a pot then searing. In the pictures it looked like some big spots of fat didn't render at all.

Depends on the temp of the bath and the cut of meat. Set the bath to 130 degrees so that the fat can render and you'll be good and get med-rare. You could do filet lower (no fat to render) and something really fatty at say 135-140, but 130 is a good general guide imo.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Stanford is requiring Malala Yousafzai to take the SATs before being considered for entrance.

That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Back from South Florida. Had fun, drank and spent a decent amount. Happy to be home

Beach was gorgeous, water was super clear and calm. Only problem, the hundred dead jellyfish on the shore and the live ones floating around in the water. We didn't stay out long. Really didn't want to get stung.

• Like 2

Wedding was eehhh. Free keg. $3 mixed drinks (with "top shelf" liquor and big glasses tho). Had zero reception so had to settle for an occasional score update for the big game. I don't know if I've ever seen a more fat and/or ugly collection of people, myself included. I had a wedding this same weekend last year and it was the exact polar opposite of this one. I did get to hang out with my cousin and her boyfriend though. They're quickly rising up my cousin power rankings.

Got a good ride in on Florence this morning. Tried making subway flatbread this morning. Failed. Now I'm eating eggs and waiting for my roommates girlfriend to bring over her dog and baked goods for us.

I went to beach on Saturday, too. My apartment is stuffy so I went around noon. It had been a while since I got in the ocean--cold and so far no parasites oozing out of my nostrils.

My electronics are shitting the bed. I've got a 4s I want to replace, and my TiVo has just crapped out.

I don't have cable, use a Leaf, and have an Apple TV. What if I don't replace it?

Wanted to meet up with Ron this weekend, but I had a long/bad night on Friday/Saturday morning which sort of put me out of commission on Saturday, and then he left early. =/

Wanted to meet up with Ron this weekend, but I had a long/bad night on Friday/Saturday morning which sort of put me out of commission on Saturday, and then he left early. =/

Next time

I forgot to call one of my good girl friends to meet up on Saturday night and I know I hurt her feelings a little. I feel bad. So little time to do it all. Coupled with being lazy and drinking too much on Friday.

Well, that was more an attack on Suited, but whatever. I was happy to see Northwestern won. I'm definitely becoming an NU fan, since the campus is only like 25 minutes from my house.

My electronics are shitting the bed. I've got a 4s I want to replace, and my TiVo has just crapped out.

pre-order yourself a 6s and we can be new phone buddies. honestly i've had a boner since i clicked the button. ride with me frau, you won't regret it.

• Like 1

If Sklansky started a church.

http://winnerstoday.net

This is not a joke. It's been right in my home city for years, but besides the name being ridiculous and funny, I never tied it to here before. But since Sklansky's return and the proliferation of the word "winner", I noticed it again when I drove by it on Saturday. I was gonna stop and take a picture but that would've required a u-turn and some effort.

• Like 2

http://winnerstoday.net/about/

Welcome to Winners Church, where winning is a lifestyle!

I like it!

We’re a vibrant, multicultural community of believers, led by Bishop Fred Shipman and Pastor Whitney Shipman, comitted to learning, sharing, and living out the teachings of Christ. Wherever you might be in your faith journey, we want you to know and understand that you were created to be a winner!

Oh man, this is a good hustle...

In our minds, a WINNER is someone who is committed to:

Believing in Christ and trusting in Him alone for salvation

Belonging to a community of believers for support and encouragement

Becoming a mature Christian by developing the proper habits of a disciple

Building the Kingdom of God by serving others

I'm out.

• Like 4

1433335245_caitlyn-jenner-zoom.jpg

NFL refs should all be required to take public speaking classes or, conversely, public speaking classes should show videos of NFL refs announcing a call as what not to do.

What makes football great isn't the athleticism or the strategy. Its the total accountability.

Everything anyone does will be recorded and is subject to review. Any call a ref makes, he has to stand in front of 35,000 people and tell them to their faces.

• Like 1

pre-order yourself a 6s and we can be new phone buddies. honestly i've had a boner since i clicked the button. ride with me frau, you won't regret it.

If your erection last more than 4 hours see a doctor immediately.

http://winnerstoday.net/about/

I like it!

Oh man, this is a good hustle...

I'm out.

And people go there. And no doubt give 10% of their income for the privilege. Biggest. Con. Going.

to be honest with my guys here, i don't feel much like a winner these past few days. my anxiety is way up. i'm very nervous about the job. i feel like i'm about to be exposed as a fraud. it has me up at night.