I Called In Sick Today

Oh I'm still chubby, just a more lean chubby.

whats the weight at? i weighed myself at the hotel two weeks ago and i was 227 in the morning and 233 at night. that seems weird to me, i don't see how i gained 6 pounds throughout the day.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Got shelled for -8.4k in a 15hr marathon yesterday. On a 1/33 streak in MTTs dating back to last Sunday with quite a few big bubbles.

In cash, just could barely ever make a hand. I recall getting walks or stealing the blinds with AA about 5-6 times...the three times I got to a flop with it, I lost big pots. When I was semi-bluffing, I basically never got there and always got called down. When I actually flopped a big hand, they mostly just check/folded. Also got pummeled by rivers quite a bit. Funny thing too...I actually ended up basically even on buy-ins...just ran well at 1/2 and poorly at 5/10 and 10/20.

So, big sigh. Looking like this might be a five figure month in the wrong direction.

whats the weight at? i weighed myself at the hotel two weeks ago and i was 227 in the morning and 233 at night. that seems weird to me, i don't see how i gained 6 pounds throughout the day.

C.H.I.P.O.T.L.E.

• Like 5

I'm still VERY fat. VERY.

Didn't you say you lost a bunch of weight in the hospital?

I love ya man but I really dislike when you get in an especially self-depreciating mood. Like others have already told you, you are doing very well for yourself, wish you could see it.

• Like 1

Dammit, I just did an update on the iPad the other day and ever since it acts weird on this forum. fvcking Apple.

don't listen to ron on ANYTHING cold weather related. some of few topics he can speak on from any personal experience are: gaudy sneakers, disappointing lesbians, and retired jews, nothing where the temperature gets below freezing for longer that a week at a stretch.

I would like context for this. Ron or Hank please explain.

My weekend: Saturday I drove over to Ktown for a massage. I went to a gender separated place, and got day spa access + a 65 minute body massage for $65. As the 40yo Korean woman (wearing only her bra and panties) tried to massage the office worker knots out of my back, I kept thinking of season 2 of the Wire. I left $20 in cash in her tip envelope.

I got bbq in Inglewood for dinner (baby backs and beef link).

Sunday I worked a little, made the minimum acceptable amount of small talk with the placenta eater, then drove over to Echo Park to see a friend, then drove all the way out to Highland Park to eat at my favorite taco table.

In income news, I got a second interview this week for that job--it's still with the placement firm, not the future org. Anyone have any talking points for this type of thing?

I need to buy short walking boots in advance of El Nino.

• Like 2

I would like context for this. Ron or Hank please explain.

My weekend: Saturday I drove over to Ktown for a massage. I went to a gender separated place, and got day spa access + a 65 minute body massage for $65. As the 40yo Korean woman (wearing only her bra and panties) tried to massage the office worker knots out of my back, I kept thinking of season 2 of the Wire. I left $20 in cash in her tip envelope.

I got bbq in Inglewood for dinner (baby backs and beef link).

Sunday I worked a little, made the minimum acceptable amount of small talk with the placenta eater, then drove over to Echo Park to see a friend, then drove all the way out to Highland Park to eat at my favorite taco table.

In income news, I got a second interview this week for that job--it's still with the placement firm, not the future org. Anyone have any talking points for this type of thing?

I need to buy short walking boots in advance of El Nino.

Happy ending? Also, get the tall boots. Trust me.

What new sweater? There was new jacket talk--and talk of elbow patches and merino blends. Was there a new purchase?

YOU DONT GET THE SHOW!

Down to 186

• Like 1

this pullback puts stocks in a much more reasonable P/E range historically speaking, but there isn't much precedent for the zero rate environment, so who knows what reasonable really is. I think our economy will be fine once the jitters subside from the realization that China had a bunch of crazy unrealistic growth priced into their shit.

I believe Chinese stocks are still up 40%+ in the last calendar year, so there's probably room for this to get uglier in the next month, but I have no intention of trying to time it.

so, 1mo and 6mo, no clue. 1yr, probably flat or higher.

Didn't you say you lost a bunch of weight in the hospital?

I love ya man but I really dislike when you get in an especially self-depreciating mood. Like others have already told you, you are doing very well for yourself, wish you could see it.

Yeah, but I gained some of it back due to not being able to do anything and eating terrible for a good two months afterwards. I'm still down a significant amount from my high but I've lost about 50% of what I want and have had a hard time getting back into the workout groove.

When my coworkers wife brought in their kids last week she said I was looking great. She might have left off "...for almost dying two months ago" though. And a girl friend of mine who I hadn't seen in forever that I saw this weekend said she liked my jeans.

Frau...I bought a dope rust/brown-ish marbled wool sweater with leather shoulder and elbow patches. I put it on this morning over a blue OCBD and it looked phenomenonal. I opted for a lighter merino burgundy sweater because it's a little chilly out but expected to be lower 70's this afternoon. I also bought a leather jacket for riding on my motorcycle...IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/129089

• Like 2

I would have bet my entire 401k that Play from Kid 'N Play died within the past two years. Checked Wikipedia this morning and he's alive and well. I'm happy for him. Who the hell am I thinking of that died?

EDIT....MAC DADDY from Kris Kross. #RIPInPeace

• Like 1

I can't believe those Kris Kross dudes were like 12 when they made jump, which is still just as popular as ever (due to it's use at sporting events).

I meant to add yesterday, I have a workplace cardigan. I've got a large office, and have a hanging rack tucked to one side. I keep it hung there along with a thick blanket.

It's a thick wool blend from h&m, boxy cut, and is cut like a jacket.

• Like 2

Cool cardigan story bro. But you snubbed nap so hard yesterday. We literally spent a page on his new sweater and you ignore it like it never happened. Id put your cardigan on and stretch it out if i could, and i would sneeze in your blanket.

Nobody does napa don like that. NOBODY.

• Like 2

I dont have a locker, nor do i own a cardigan, but im picking up what youre puting down.

I prefer a pull over to a cardigan, though, if im being honest. More form flattering i think. Plus, i think a pullover shows real commitment to the aesthetic. Im telling the world, this is my look all day, this is what i am, this sweater and i are one and the same, never to be taken off in a hasty moment after a big lunch.