I Called In Sick Today

In entry-level accounting/finance, the skills are pretty portable, and growth within a given position can sometimes be maxed out in the span of just 2-3 years.

thera, did you let your Old Weller Antique sit for 10-15 minutes before sipping? did you try adding a little water? I've started doing that with Stagg Jr... it's a much improved bourbon.

Haven't done the splash of water yet, usually just let the ice melt for 5-10 minutes.

My regular mediocre beer store has the Four Roses Single Barrel for $36. That's my favorite right now. Lots of flavor, super smooth.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I've never had it. the Four Roses Single Barrel, barrel strength is one of my favorites. it usually goes for $60-$65 and comes in 10 different configurations. some are rarer than others, I think I saw recipe OESF on Craigslist for $100, mostly because there's a rumor that FR is running out of stock and considering cutting the age.

they are sold to the store by the barrel, which means only the bigger players are typically going to have it in stock at all. I have never seen more than 3-4 recipes on the shelf, even at the mega liquor stores. if you can find it, it's easily worth the price.

Frau, you're so LA

It was an affair. I find it awesome. Bang away, baby, bang away. This is why people should be open, sexually. We're most always gonna want some new cookies to eat

It was probably an affair, which is bad. It would be great if it is something open and agreed to. Maybe it's complicated, right now I'm seeing more than one guy and no one's expecting anything else. I haven't had that conversation in a "you're the first among equals" way.

I'm surprised you think affairs are awesome...

• Like 1

I had a dream the coworker I mentioned a few days ago that just had the kid agreed to marry me in a fake ceremony to appease my family and we got like $10k worth of cash/gifts that we split but then my parents were wondering why I wasn't living with my wife or wearing a ring and the jig was up and everybody was pissed.

• Like 1

Dear Frau,

Your last post made me see that I chose poor wording to express my joy of people having multiple sex partners while still being emotionally committed to one person. You are correct, affairs are not cool, unless you're Hank. Swingers are cool. Non drama Poly people are cool. Not the ones on the Showtime show Polyamory, they are hippie pains in the ass.

To summarize, multiple partners are fun, hurting people is not.

Sincerely,

Chris

PS: Men are stupid and possessive, and even though your two guys are probably still out chasing tail, I'd bet money that they'd be crushed that you're doing that same.

• Like 1

Napa, I'd like my wedding gift back. I sent you $100 in cash.

I got nothing.

Leaving work at 4pm, today, can't come soon enough.

last Saturday of dog training class on the other side of town, that's a good thing

I haven't had a sip of alcohol since July 30th. That's a long time for me. Plan to make it through August, hopefully till September 11th. (Beach hotel weekend in Boca, opening football weekend)

• Like 2

Just to be clear...the English guy slept with the chick that was the maid of honor in his wedding before or after his wedding? And before or after she was married?

As far as I know, it was just a recent, after marriage thing. Who cheats on their wife after being married 6 months?

As far as I know, it was just a recent, after marriage thing. Who cheats on their wife after being married 6 months?

The person who after six month realizes they've had nothing but Cheerios for breakfast everyday for over six months and decides some fruity pebbles would be a nice change of pace just this one time?

I mean, my ex waited about 2 years to cheat on me. I think a lot of cheating spouses tend to do it in roughly that time frame.

(Getting cheated on was probably the worst feeling I've ever experienced.)

We'll get a meal/drink, yes?

I tease. I haven't really been down in about 18 months, so I gotta stuff a lot of activities in. We'll play it by ear. If (when) I hit a bar and do a group thing, I'll definitely let you know where so you can pop by

Think I'm going to buy a bike this weekend and start riding it to work, high probability of getting hit by a car be damned.

I've started drinking tea in the afternoon to get a little bit of caffeine. I assume Dutch can give me some recommendations?

Think I'm going to buy a bike this weekend and start riding it to work, high probability of getting hit by a car be damned.

I've started drinking tea in the afternoon to get a little bit of caffeine. I assume Dutch can give me some recommendations?

I think McGee is much more knowledgable about tea than I am. He can probably offer sexy Russian stuff or something. I do like Teavana's Gyokuro Imperial, though.

For bike, I have a steel frame road bike from Indy Fab that I really like. I've never owned carbon, because it doesn't come in that cool retro look that goes with my sunglasses.

• Like 1

I was just going to get a cheap Schwin that's on sale at target for $150. Not quite ready to drop $500+ on a decent bike when I'll probably give up on this after a week. Maybe if I really get into it I will. I am not a Winner.

I immediately thought you meant a motorcycle and was going to congratulate your manliness.

Oh well.

• Like 1