I Called In Sick Today

I don't post here but I do have a mattress store. I'm in a completely different market but it's not like there's that much difference in price between the national chains and my single store. I'll be happy to give you some info.

You're on the right track by lying down on mattresses and then looking at the price but don't spend that amount of money for that mattress. I have no idea what store you were at but a quick online search shows Us-mattress.com has the same mattress listed for 1800 and they're overpriced.

If you're going to drop 2100 on a queen, buy a Tempurpedic Cloud Prima for 1999 and make sure you get the $300 in pillows and mattress protector. You're a guy who likes free money so take advantage of no interest option financing.

edit: I had stopped reading at the above post and didn't realize you wanted a king. Still overpriced. PM or call me.

This makes me so sad.

I spent $2850 (incl. tax, delivery, etc) for a floor model treyford queen, the hybrid silver king, box springs and frames for both beds, the mattress protector for the king, and one tempurpedic dual cooling pillow. got five years financing at 0%.

I'm not going back on the deal I made with the guy, but for the future, etc. I'm PMing you.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

This makes me so sad.

I spent $2850 (incl. tax, delivery, etc) for a floor model treyford queen, the hybrid silver king, box springs and frames for both beds, the mattress protector for the king, and one tempurpedic dual cooling pillow. got five years financing at 0%.

I'm not going back on the deal I made with the guy, but for the future, etc. I'm PMing you.

Don't be sad and here's why:

Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid

Silver Plush King set =$2069 (not a terrible price for a truly excellent mattress)

I don't know what the Treyford is without looking at the foam layering and coil but lets assume it's a mid-range Sealy PosturePedic Queen set since you mentioned the possibility of a $700 floor model in a previous post. A mid range Sealy Posturepedic would be $699-799 at my store. Often times a "floor model" is code for comfort return which means someone slept on it for up to however long the stores comfort return policy(30 days?) and then exchanged the mattress for a different model. This is a super shady practice and makes us all look like scumbags. You should assume this has been in someones home If the salesman said he has a floor model in the warehouse instead of actually sitting on his retail floor. A comfort exchange would demand a far larger discount than a floor model. Or, he may have sold you an entry level Sealy PosturePremier model since it's for a guest room which should retail in the $399-499 range.

Anyway, Treyford Sealy Posturepedic(?) floor model=$700

Decent frames=$79 queen, $89 king

Decent mattress protector (protect-a-bed or Tempurpedic hopefully)=$89 for the king

Tempurpedic Queen dual cooling pillow =$199 (no joke, it's a two hundred dollar pillow)

Delivery should be free but this salesman was doing his thing so I'm assuming he tacked on $29.

Subtotal=3254

tax @7.25%=235.92

Grand total =$3489.92

This doesn't even take into account the interest free financing for 60 months equal pay which would cost me an absurd 16.39% on the total. Probably costs the retailer every bit of 10% if they're a national account so you killed it with these terms.

my pricing assuming a Labor Day sale:

your King set=1729

Queen entry level set=399

heavy duty king frame=89

heavy duty queen frame=79

king mattress protector=89

tempur pillow=199

free delivery

12 months no interest

grand total assuming the same tax rate =$2771.34

You done good.

• Like 1

16.39% to finance? I literally offered to pay by check instead of financing, and he didn't budge. multiple places, I asked what they could do if I paid with cash instead of financing or using a credit card, and they just stared at me blankly.

the best: guy offered me $3600 for similar mattresses + a nice couch. I get the deal in writing and tell him I'll be back later after I've scouted everywhere out to see what I want. his manager swoops in as I'm walking out and says, "what can I do for you?" I asked for $3400. he's like, "let me take your info down and we can see what's possible." fast forward 15 minutes, and he's now quoting me $3660.

16.39% to finance? I literally offered to pay by check instead of financing, and he didn't budge. multiple places, I asked what they could do if I paid with cash instead of financing or using a credit card, and they just stared at me blankly.

the best: guy offered me $3600 for similar mattresses + a nice couch. I get the deal in writing and tell him I'll be back later after I've scouted everywhere out to see what I want. his manager swoops in as I'm walking out and says, "what can I do for you?" I asked for $3400. he's like, "let me take your info down and we can see what's possible." fast forward 15 minutes, and he's now quoting me $3660.

I don't give a discount if someone offers to pay with cash/check vs a credit card since our CC processor uses total volume and average ticket price to determine the percentage taken. Napa could probably give details about the processors on the back end. I'd give a few points for cash/check vs financing though.

Retail sales guys can be the worst.

Edit: I mean the processor gives us an overall rate based on volume and avg ticket price. It's not recalculated per transaction.

the day is so long now when you have nothing to do but watch tv. i used to be able to go days without noticing boredom with netflix. now i'm restless so soon. doesn't bode well for my future.

A friend came to town yesterday to go to a music festival today. But the music festival was moved to a nearby town because the venue had flooding this week.

So we went out and had dinner at a bar and then we went downtown to the arcade bar and played games for awhile and then we went to the strip club where he was telling the strippers it was my birthday. Now I've got a lot of scratches on my back but it was a good time. Lot of fun.

Oh, and he woke up hungover and decided to just go home rather than go to the festival.

Gah! He missed TV on the Radio!?

Brv your so hip.

Essay you need a hobby. Something constructive. Maybe whittling. Or graphic design. Maybe crochet. Something.

There's a party across the road from me, through the woods like a half a mile. I can hear a bunch of yelling. In my younger days I would have wanted to go. Now, I just want to... still go, but I can't. I'm old. Such is life. At least I have potato.

• Like 1

I mean I don't know how to find the stats, but looking at the main page, essay has to have the majority of the posts, he'll threads, in the last three years or so, no? Dudes been on a roll.

I'd call him a fag but he said I was the funniest fcp poster so you do you essay, you do you.

OH! so next weekends my birthday weekend. I have no plans but beer and a bag of hank and the old lady. Might have one friend over. Should I be doing more than that? Even if not I'm still really excited for it. Usually my birthday's suck but the old lady helps out a lot. Makes me feel special and shit. So does the hank.

Essay and Napa yall should try it out. I know it's not you're usual but try it tomorrow. Having a girlfriend. Not bad.

So I'm now a codeword for the devil's dandruff?

i've never been so flattered in my whole life. [singletearofjoy]

i do what i can for the good of the forum, shake. glad to hear you and your lady friend are enjoying each other and bumping hank on the weekends. i'll certainly keep my eye out for lonely women with no standards - i'm sure nap will do the same.

You mean other than my friday night? No. Just helped my brother bale hay yesterday and today I started chasing the dragon again and put a little money on bovada to play some poker.

• Like 1

I went to NYC this weekend, just a quick trip without a lot planned. I've been there numerous times, so I didn't feel the need to do touristy things. I decided to more or less wing it--I stayed in a nice hotel near St. Pat's.

I'm happy I went, I walked around a ton, visited MOMA, went to coffee, then drinks with a slight acquaintance day trader. I'm happy I went, and Monday is looking like a m'fer to me.

• Like 3

did you fly across the continent to get laid?

I'm sure there's two or three guys here that would help you out and would only require you to fly halfway across the continent

• Like 1

I went to NYC this weekend, just a quick trip without a lot planned. I've been there numerous times, so I didn't feel the need to do touristy things. I decided to more or less wing it--I stayed in a nice hotel near St. Pat's.

I'm happy I went, I walked around a ton, visited MOMA, went to coffee, then drinks with a slight acquaintance day trader. I'm happy I went, and Monday is looking like a m'fer to me.

Please tell me you are just trolling strat at this point.

• Like 3

Jesus, I don't even want to drive 3 hours over the weekend, never mind fly across the country.

It has done nothing but rain here lately. Very little pool time, couldn't even finish mowing the lawn. Class 3 of 5 with the dog training. It seems to be all about walking the dog and that type of stuff. I'm sure they'll try to work us for more classes to work on other stuff. We'll see, but we won't do that. All we want is to get him comfortable around other dogs and this class doesn't cover that.

Otherwise, I got nothing.

The NYC trip was selfish, I work a lot, and then travel to the Midwest to see aging relatives. I don't know what I want to do for my next solo. I live in a big city, so I can go smaller. Maybe New Orleans or Santa Fe?

While the day trader did buy my coffee, I'm pretty sure he would have gotten me a fountain drink, no prob.

• Like 2