Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Iced coffee is for amateurs. Hot coffee, preferably black on black on black is for Winners. You have pour over? Is there some subtle difference between that and Chemex? My morning consumption is up to 5-7 cups...

Did you watch the video? That man makes a pretty compelling case for his method of iced coffee.

• Like 1

Did you watch the video? That man makes a pretty compelling case for his method of iced coffee.

He is also literally a coffee professional, as is Nic Cho, another huge proponent of this method.

Frau, I have a Chemex too. I think Chemex is the best looking pour over device, and use it sometimes. My favorite pour over method is probably the Kalita Wave (Cho agrees), and it's probably the most forgiving and consistent, but I think it's a pretty meaningless discussion as far as taste. People will tell you that like one is "cleaner," and the other more complex, but the difference is obscured by a billion other variables that almost no one is controlling, even if they really have the pallet to tell.

If I had to choose only one device, though, it would be a stainless steel Wave.

You caught me, I had not watched the video. I just did, and then watched the hot pour over method. I'm going to order a new, larger Chemex, because looks matter to me, and I have the glass topper.

I'll drink the rest of the coffee in the house, and think about the burr grinder, and try to resist the scale and electric kettle. I have a very small place. Well, maybe I'll get a scale...

Iced coffee is for amateurs. Hot coffee, preferably black on black on black is for Winners. You have pour over? Is there some subtle difference between that and Chemex? My morning consumption is up to 5-7 cups...

This has been my standard for years. Then I usually stop for coffee on the way to work.

• Like 1

Lunching today with a guy i used to work with. He wants me to join a non profit board of some kind. Im pretty meh on helping people, but ill do it anyways.

Hiiiii. What are the dues? How many on board? There's a general "give or get" split with board members, I think you have a small social network in StL, you'll be the "give" portion.

OMG I can't wait for your first banquet lunch. Last year I attended (as collegial non-profit guest) a lunch/fundraiser for an organization that has a high profile angel donor. I sat at a table that was hosted by the angel donor's money manager. I watched her go around the table and quiz mercilessly all of her invited guests about how much they would be leaving in the place card donation envelope. (They were a bunch of insurance guys, and either vying for her business, or trying to keep her as a client. No tears for these clowns.)

She told some bluntly, "That's not enough." and I watched them rocket out of their seats and come over to her within 20 minutes and talk to her privately. Pure Godfather-realness. Obviously, she skipped over me in the quizzing, what with my limited earning potential and all.

• Like 2

You caught me, I had not watched the video. I just did, and then watched the hot pour over method. I'm going to order a new, larger Chemex, because looks matter to me, and I have the glass topper.

I'll drink the rest of the coffee in the house, and think about the burr grinder, and try to resist the scale and electric kettle. I have a very small place. Well, maybe I'll get a scale...

For iced coffee, a Chemex or V60 or w/e might even be theoretically preferable to a Wave, because a) (at least for the Chemex) the filters are thicker and will give you less body, which seems more refreshing, and b) the Wave has a slower drip rate, which helps nerf out the pour over technique, but some of the coffee is going to be hot longer than is probably ideal. (I've made it both ways and can't really taste this difference, though.)

Hiiiii. What are the dues? How many on board? There's a general "give or get" split with board members, I think you have a small social network in StL, you'll be the "give" portion.

i, uhh, didn't really ask any questions. i just said i would do it. i'm in kc right now. this group is in kc. if i move, which i guess i'll know by the end of the week i won't be on this board. the only thing i really know is they need someone from my company to join because our philanthropic manager gives money to this group from some endowment or whatever and they like to have someone on the board. our old guy left the company, he is now the president of the board, and he asked me to join. i was like year sure bro as long as i can put it on my resume.

i, uhh, didn't really ask any questions. i just said i would do it. i'm in kc right now. this group is in kc. if i move, which i guess i'll know by the end of the week i won't be on this board. the only thing i really know is they need someone from my company to join because our philanthropic manager gives money to this group from some endowment or whatever and they like to have someone on the board. our old guy left the company, he is now the president of the board, and he asked me to join. i was like year sure bro as long as i can put it on my resume.

This is awesome, they're assuming you don't know your power on the board. I'll be your Palpatine.

• Like 1

i don't want real power.with real power comes real responsibility and I don't want any of that shit. I just want the money and the illusion of power. and puss.

You are (were?) really into archery, right, Dutch?

Providing I just have a (shitty) bow and arrows...what other equipment would you recommend for just target shooting?

A park near me has a really cool facility with targets back to 40 yds that I want to take advantage of. I'm still not sure how into this I am so I'm hesitant to spend more than $100 on another failed hobby.

I have 5 lagunita ipa max or some shit in my fridge that cost $10 that I'm upset I can't drink so I want them gone but can't bring myself to dump them. I just hope my roommate will drink them sooner rather than later.

his recent near death experience most likely. his doctor told him no strenuous exercise, red meat, or alcohol for 30 days.

Yeah, kinda. My kidneys basically shut down a week ago and my body is still poisoning itself resulting in not great liver function.

I have like $300 of alcohol I'm never going to drink--failed hobby?

You're just getting started. I have $2k in tequila alone I will never drink; that doesn't even take whiskies into account.