I Called In Sick Today

I know exactly what you mean. spending money on shit here to make life slightly better, even knowing it's all a total waste if I move again, has been a difference-maker.

What have you improved? I agree, I have been trying to spruce up my place a little, and am seriously thinking about getting a monthly cleaning service. Yes, I can do it myself, also, I work 70+ hours regularly. I don't want to.

I have an awesome slat bench that I'm not using (it's disassembled under my bed. The magic maker.) Maybe tonight I'll haul it out and put it near a window. I have some cacti and succulent potted garden daydreams.

Scram, Dutch, BigD, I have a question about chairs. I don't own any comfortable chairs--is there an affordable mass produced dining room chair that I can also use at a desk? Most of the time, my laptop is on my lap, but it's nice to keep the option.

Hey Dutch...I got an idea to run past you as our resident sexual deviant cat owner. Actually, I think Hank has a cat for some reason, too, but this isn't for him.

Genitalia themed cat scratch play house things. Like think a 3 foot dick and balls scratch post with a cubby hole in the tip. Or a 3 foot vagina with a cubby clit.

I don't have any names but feels criminal to not have pussy involved in some fashion. My company can sponsor frau's rock group concert.

Thanks! Hey, remind me--what's the name of my rock band?

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I, uh, was hoping you remembered. Something to do with clit?

I can tell you what street I was driving on when we were workshopping album and tour names if that would help you remember?

I have a boss meeting today, and have come up with a New career plan- I form female rock group called The Cliterati. It's a little punk and influenced by secret societies and aliens.

Albums include

The Handout

Restricted Area

Private Vagina

• Like 1

Scram, Dutch, BigD, I have a question about chairs. I don't own any comfortable chairs--is there an affordable mass produced dining room chair that I can also use at a desk? Most of the time, my laptop is on my lap, but it's nice to keep the option.

Most of the living area of my house was furnished in a Memphis Group aesthetic (including a few original Sottass pieces) but I tired of it and had a bit too much money locked up in the stuff so I scratch-built pretty much all my tables and chairs, per my own designs. Pretty aggressive stuff (steam bent laminates, etc), but I did save a few things from the old guard (a couple sequoia redwood accent pieces since they are extremely handsome and you can't get decent cut-size sequoia anymore without paying through the nose. I wish they would continue to chop down endangered hardwoods but only sell the lumber to people who can pass some sort of juried design contest. That way, the people who deserve redwood and Brazilian rosewood can still have it while retards can suffer with Rooms To Go and Ikea, as they deserve).

When the day comes that my neighbor makes the foul odor call and they have to bring in 8 EMTs to haul out what remains of my bloated corpse that's melted into the La-Z-Boy with a needle sticking out of its arm, it will be like discovering some freak Henry Darger'esque genius who had lived a drug-addled life of solitude while his breathtaking creativity and arts went totally unknown to the world.

Municipal. Only replaced the 30 feet from the t going into my house back to the outdoor spigot. There were 4 separate old repairs just in that space.

I really want to replace the rest all the way to the meter at the road but I'm concerned I won't know how to hook it up when I get there an screw something up and have the town fine me $5,000 so they can replace a $20 part.

Plus all that digging.

FutureRIP Scram, and apologies to the EMTs and neighborhood day laborers who will remove the door jam to get you out.

I still need a specific recommendation on the best of the accessible. Do you have a desk or computer chair?

I went on a historical home tour yesterday. If any of you have a strong aesthetic sense, and any wiggle room on the age range of partners, I think the women who I was surrounded by are the low hanging fruit. The homes and furnishings were thoughtful, sensitive, and beautiful. The people who did the restoring were all nerdy and well off. They might not marry you, but you'd get two or three great years of ocean views from your balcony at breakfast, eucalyptus trees shading your afternoon glass of wine, and a sensibly dressed woman who's happy to see you. In one home, there was conversation about what bedroom Charlie Manson had played the bongos.

• Like 2

Do you mean a situation like that terrible Ashton Kutcher move or are we talking a slightly younger/slightly worse views/furnishing deal?

I think I could get behind either, I just need to know where to put my expectations.

I had a manager tell me to get a fvckin haircut today. I told him he's just jealous because he's bald and he confirmed I wasn't wrong.

I bought a new laptop bag tonight. It's from J. Crew Factory so it's pretty #struggle but I'm just not willing to spend the big bucks on a bag that I'm only going to use for my work laptop. The strap broke on the bag that I got from a team building day years ago and if I asked for a new one at work it would be just a shitty black bag and I don't want that.

Municipal. Only replaced the 30 feet from the t going into my house back to the outdoor spigot. There were 4 separate old repairs just in that space.

I really want to replace the rest all the way to the meter at the road but I'm concerned I won't know how to hook it up when I get there an screw something up and have the town fine me $5,000 so they can replace a $20 part.

Plus all that digging.

Lifehack: If you don't live in an area with Parking Lot Mexicans, Day Labor places usually rent out bums for $10-$13 an hour. Either that or post a cash gig on craigslist. That's best for the trenching since that's some assbreaking work and just not worth it to save $50 over having some drunkard do it.

As far as the hookup, some places require licensed master plumbers to hook up to main service, some places require that same thing to work on anything that runs to the main (ie, the feed pipe). You must be in some kind of backwater Hooterville that permits any ******* to dig up a trench and hook into the city main.

Hmmmm that's an interesting question. most dining room chairs are the antithesis of something I'd want to sit and use as an office chair. The chair in my office, is an ergonomic oak recliner that's totally not appropriate to be an office chair, but I dont' give a **** because it's ridiculously comfortable. however, I'm going to have to have it reupholstered as it's already falling apart at the edges of the arms, so I can't really recommend it, and it would be even less appropriate for a dining room chair.

Something like an office chair, that you're going to spend a lot of time sitting in, is something that I think you'd just have to sit in for yourself.

• Like 1

Here's another watch, this one a tacky gold men's watch.

OadKQyp.jpg

Here's my slat table I dragged out from under my bed and screwed in the legs. It looks pretty good, please excuse the ugly cables. The decadent box of dryer sheets is there for scale.

Qyc8Ce5.jpg

uHfqzAI.jpg

• Like 3

That's easily the coolest power strip I've ever seen. Does each section swivel?

• Like 2