I Called In Sick Today

I wish I had a pool except for I would get nothing else done.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

We have a very cool farmers market /flea market near here that we used to go to a lot so we made our first visit since moving back. This thing is no run of the mill flea market. It covers nearly 100 acres. Came home with a huge load of fruits and veggies and I got a smoking deal on a Honda roto tiller so I can put in a garden. Hot here though so after walking around that place for three hours I'm not real motivated to put it to use.

How can you have a garden with the laws on water use in effect?

Had the boy's two-year birthday party today. A week ago it looked like rain, which would suck because I have a tiny house and last year had to cram 30 people inside on a rain-soaked 40 degree day. Instead, the rain moved to Friday, and today was 70+ and sunny, absolutely perfect. Party went great. Unfortunately, the wife demanded we go to a church fundraiser dinner thing with her family, which in theory is fine, except it ignores the large amount of cleanup and exhaustion of hosting a party, and a child that didn't take a nap all day. Got to the function around 8, put in a solid hour of watching my son want nothing to do with the whole affair, and came home while my wife goes out with some friends. A telephone pole across the street from my house blew down from some wind gusts (it managed to make it through 23 blizzards, but a few gusts today knocked it over?) and I've got a shitload of trucks outside my house until who knows when. But the kids asleep, and I can continue drinking and relaxing until I pass out.

Reffing my first outdoor game of the year tomorrow in the morning, then got 3 more indoor games at night. But I do have Monday off for Patriots Day, so that'll be a pretty sweet day to just kick back and do nothing.

• Like 1

How can you have a garden with the laws on water use in effect?

It's a small garden, probably 15' x 20' max. Enough for some tomatoes, peppers, beans and whatever else we come up with. The water restrictions are more or less suggestions rather than demands in our area but regardless, we won't be watering a large area and will be using a lot of mulch so it won't take that much water.

Napa: Melatonin would help. I've heard Magnesium + Zinc supplements will put you out easily, but I haven't tried it. A combination of the two may have people checking your pulse just to make sure.

We have a very cool farmers market /flea market near here that we used to go to a lot so we made our first visit since moving back. This thing is no run of the mill flea market. It covers nearly 100 acres. Came home with a huge load of fruits and veggies and I got a smoking deal on a Honda roto tiller so I can put in a garden. Hot here though so after walking around that place for three hours I'm not real motivated to put it to use.

Nice, I too am researching tilling option, looking to get that garden swag going.

There was a wildfire a year or two ago in a prestigious wine region of CA. A fairly large property, that had been burned and was otherwise 'difficult' due to the lay of the land, went on the market for a screaming deal.

I was going to put together a joint venture with some Jews I know to buy it, get the dozers and surveyors in there, clear it out, stake it into 5-10 acre parcels then lease plots to 'boutique growers' and vintners who could otherwise never afford to have their own proprietary vineyard. Probably could've had our money back out in 2-4 years.

The water thing basically quashed that plan, but I am researching the science of all this because if its cyclical, there's probably going to be huge bargains on CA farmland in the coming decade as farmers go bust and nobody wants to touch it in fear of some sort of epochal geological change that is really just temporary. Of course, geology is weird in that 6" of soil dug by a child with a plastic hand shovel represents a time span of 3 human lifetimes, so one has to be careful one isn't thinking too far in advance, lest they be benefiting heirs they'll never know.

Did you notice where the largest cutbacks are required? Newport Beach and Beverly Hills. Damn rich entitled folks taking more than their fair share. Sorry Dutch.

It's crazy that it hasn't been done already. California has 840 miles of coastline, you'd think it would be feasible at least for a backup water solution.

water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink.

game of thrones is so awesome and frustrating. never has there been a show that i enjoyed so much but was also so annoyed at how little i felt like i got to see.

It's crazy that it hasn't been done already. California has 840 miles of coastline, you'd think it would be feasible at least for a backup water solution.

It has been. desalination plants aren't a panacea. potentially a lot of unintended consequences.

http://www.npr.org/2015/04/05/397659871/will-turning-seawater-into-drinking-water-help-drought-hit-california

This being a woman thing sure is a scam. Sure, the bleeding for a week once a month sucks, as does the beating their bodies take with having a kid, and the lower pay and vulnerability due to being small and weak, but damn if everyone here wouldn't take that deal for home delivery sex and repairs with most anyone they pick, not to mention all the free meal and drinks.

I need a ruling. Did I screw up? My FWB and I were texting along merrily. In the past he's tried to tell me about his ex-girlfriend and his feelings and ohmygod it's complicated. Dude, it's not complicated. You're living in a studio in Echo Park. Anyway, things are moving along just fine, and then he slips up and tells me he's back together with girlfriend but isn't it great that we're getting together.

Nope nope nope. So, I didn't get myself or my phone serviced. Is it brvy's fault I dropped the phone? Or that I have ethics? God brvy or this brvy...

My partner has never had a legit job in his or her life. Just chills out, smokes weed and buys largely unwanted luxury goods on the internet all day. To achieve this lifestyle as a man requires a lifetime of hard work or incredible talent. Women are a living, breathing, bleeding, physically vulnerable insult to my accomplishments.

Being female is awesome.

I just ripped a nose hair and it stung so bad i was crying.

I wish I knew how to post the Tusk video right here.

• Like 1

It has been. desalination plants aren't a panacea. potentially a lot of unintended consequences.

http://www.npr.org/2...-hit-california

There are no panaceas but if the only thing holding them up is 'concern by environmentalists', that's very weak.

Environmentalists are always concerned about anything and everything that involves anyone doing anything. Since they aren't ever stakeholders in anything, their 'concern' comes cheap. This is not to say that they are always lacking a valid point but when the hold-up on a critical project is 'concern by environmentalists' because of some theoretical impact to some abstract natural element, that usually means its time for full steam ahead on the project.

The problem with extremism is that you wind up discrediting your own voice in the discussion, even if some of what you say may be valid. The environmentalists narrative over the past 30-40 years has really shut them out of a lot of discussions.

So, California is about to be out of water. The 'concerns' would have to be awfully big and prima facie credible in order to stand in the way of a technology that delivers water.

• Like 2