Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Post more food pictures, please.

OK!

Deboned chicken leg with white wine and thyme sauce, baked zucchini fries, and roast potatoes. Needs some greens and less salt, but not bad.

IMG_3944.jpg

Dip zucchini spears in milk and egg white bath then into breading mixture (breadcrumbs, parm, paprika, italian seasoning).

IMG_3938.jpg

Potatoes are quartered and tossed in olive oil and seasoning. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.

IMG_3941.jpg

Season both sides of chicken and into an oven-safe saute pan on high for 5 minutes. I had to use two saute pans to prevent over crowding. The saucepan is making stock from the chicken bones.

IMG_3942.jpg

After five minutes they should look like this. Into the oven for the middle five minutes of the veggies.

IMG_3943.jpg

After another five minutes remove to rest and make sauce in the pan(s). Garlic and onion into the pan for 30 seconds, deglaze with chicken stock and white wine, reduce on high for a few minutes. Stir in a pat of butter and fresh thyme, whisk in resting chicken juices and a tablespoon of white wine vinegar, and spoon over chicken.

IMG_3946.jpg

If you follow the timing above you should avoid burning your veggies as much as I did (or serving them cold, or both). If you manage to do it all in one saute pan (don't do five legs!) you'll find life a lot easier too - I had to deglaze two pans then combine for the sauce. The zucchini is a great low fat starch option but misses as a vegetable; it's what I had on hand but was too much with the potatoes.

• Like 3

noticed that the hard plastic covering on the bottom of the front end of my car is gradually breaking to the point where it will be dragging. there's a guy we use at work that picks up your car and works on it during the day. wondering if this is something I should just use the dealership for. advice desired.

Break it off and throw it away. If you won't spend money on fountain pop, don't spend money on that.

• Like 2

Religion is a lie, so I think this is okay.

Words hurt, Nap FRAU!

• Like 1

noticed that the hard plastic covering on the bottom of the front end of my car is gradually breaking to the point where it will be dragging. there's a guy we use at work that picks up your car and works on it during the day. wondering if this is something I should just use the dealership for. advice desired.

Just take that off and throw it away.

Break it off and throw it away. If you won't spend money on fountain pop, don't spend money on that.

This.

I would love to do a mid-trip report for you guys, but it's late and I'm tired.

Cobalt is two things for sure:

Very smart.

Very Patient.

Cobalt is more stuff probably:

A very good dad. (He may have just been playing up how great he is for me.)

Very kind. (He insisted on paying for our lunch, which was awesome.)

Lucky. (He has a very nice family.)

Brv is:

Dumb. (Cobalt; I remembered after I left that you mentioned the current pregnancy in THIS thread, AND I RESPONDED TO YOU. sigh. My brain is broken.

• Like 1

The idea from the engineers was probably something along the lines of rock damage or rust protection? But the far majority of cars don't have those, and they are fine. To answer your original question, don't go to a dealer, just have the dude fix it if you like it. I would pitch it though.

Nick had a sleepover last night with a couple of his buddies so this morning I made them Egg Volcanoes for breakfast.

Separate eggs and whisk whites to stiff peaks. Cut rounds of bread and mound up the whites on the rounds. Make a little depression at the top and put a yolk in each depression. Top with parmesan and pepper.

IMG_3932.jpg

Bake at 375 for 8 minutes or until they look like this. I lost one because I made the depression too deep and pointy on the first one. Shallow and smooth with a teaspoon worked better.

IMG_3936.jpg

Drizzle the crater with a mix of ketchup and sriracha watered down a little to make it runny for lava and serve with toast soldiers from the leftovers of the slices used for the rounds, and bacon.

IMG_3937.jpg

Man those look good./././

You should double the yolks to make them extra dipable. I like it though.

My cooking has gotten so bad of late. Over grilled my chicken last time out.

Make yellow rice, chicken and peas, my one pot meal (at the end) on Friday and screwed up the rice. It had a bite. I make that meal in my sleep. Not sure what my issue is lately

Cobalt is two things for sure:

Very smart.

Very Patient.

Cobalt is more stuff probably:

A very good dad. (He may have just been playing up how great he is for me.)

Very kind. (He insisted on paying for our lunch, which was awesome.)

Lucky. (He has a very nice family.)

Brv is:

Dumb. (Cobalt; I remembered after I left that you mentioned the current pregnancy in THIS thread, AND I RESPONDED TO YOU. sigh. My brain is broken.

Ha. I don't know what I did to portray intelligence or patience, but thank you. :)

I wasn't playing anything up on the dad front. Think that's just how I approach fatherhood. I often feel like I could do more.

I mean, I had forgotten that I mentioned it in here if that makes you feel better.

You should double the yolks to make them extra dipable. I like it though.

My cooking has gotten so bad of late. Over grilled my chicken last time out.

Make yellow rice, chicken and peas, my one pot meal (at the end) on Friday and screwed up the rice. It had a bite. I make that meal in my sleep. Not sure what my issue is lately

Extra yolks would have been good. Save the whites and use in an egg white omelette to make up for the extra yolks the day before.

You save the whites, above all else. Rule number 1.

I may have previously mentioned the incompetent old fvck who i work with. Well hes been out 10 days on vacation, so i have been covering for him. almost all his clients complain about him and say they cant believe how unresponsive he is and how quickly i get back to them. by the fifth time i heard it i gave em a, well you know i do my best, but dont be afraid to mention it to my boss if you get a chance.

Chuckle.

Yeah you too. Thanks. Bye.

My dad isnt my boss, though he is A boss.

Just pointing out the absurdity of life in that he does a shit job and people complain, but he keeps his job because management doesnt care.

I know, I was totally kidding.

It's especially awful when someone is so bad at something so simple. I always had a hard time walking that line, of wanting someone to know how awful someone does their job vs being a rat and causing someone to lose their job.

I know, I was totally kidding.

It's especially awful when someone is so bad at something so simple. I always had a hard time walking that line, of wanting someone to know how awful someone does their job vs being a rat and causing someone to lose their job.

Im not afraid of helping him lose his job. He should lose his job and i hope i can help make that happen. i explained to our boss the problem last week so hopefully it will happen eventually. But probably not because the work gets done, just not by the guy making the most money.

Bosses just announced the new hire. From my limited Facebook stalking she is neither young nor single nor attractive nor a dude.

Still remains to be seen if she's cool or not.

At least I get a free meal out of it all.

I hate waiting for anything regardless of my location but I hate being late even more to the point where I've had panic attacks if I'm going to be off plan for something completely inconsequential so I'm often uncomfortably early for things which leads to: a lot of waiting.

• Like 1