I Called In Sick Today

Resign your current position as thread attorney, commence mayoralship run of Chipotle.

Text from my friend in chicago who works for the company too: Everyone thinks they will be fired after that call. This place is fvcked.

He is leaving in a month for a new job anyways, so he doesnt care, but he told me to get out while i can.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

So are all companies in the toilet right now? We're scheduled for our second round of layoffs tomorrow. A third next week. Tons of other companies in my area are having heavy losses (not all necessarily related to this area, just the company in general) or closing up shop altogether.

I dont know if we are in the toilet, this is a major realignment of our division, with obvious long term plans to reduce the work force by combining us with our sister company. So at least half the people here will be let go eventually.

Well in our case it's less about short term profits and more about the company losing 1.2 billion dollars in the 2nd two quarters of last year.

Well in our case it's less about short term profits and more about the company losing 1.2 billion dollars in the 2nd two quarters of last year.

Yeah, that may be a factor

You safe or going down?

So are all companies in the toilet right now? We're scheduled for our second round of layoffs tomorrow. A third next week. Tons of other companies in my area are having heavy losses (not all necessarily related to this area, just the company in general) or closing up shop altogether.

seems like the rest of the economy is doing well outside of the shitter towns

Who knows. I've been told I should be safe but I'm pretty sure we're all screwed in the long run. Company is just not looking good at all right now. Finally time to move to a real city maybe?

Who knows. I've been told I should be safe but I'm pretty sure we're all screwed in the long run. Company is just not looking good at all right now. Finally time to move to a real city maybe?

Hey, with all that money you've saved from not paying rent these last 10 years, the world is your oyster

• Like 1

Hey, with all that money you've saved from not paying rent these last 10 years, the world is your oyster

Good point!

I'll be dead within a week.

I don't understand what planet you live on where an oil change can be $20.

I realize I drive a hoss, but still

Every quick oil change place around me is 19.99 for up to 5 quarts.

A 5 quart jug of oil is about 15 to 18 bucks at an auto parts store, so it doesnt make a ton of sense to do it yourself anymore.

• Like 1

Obama says you are a goddamned liar. The economy is roaring, usemployment is falling and life couldn't be better for working Americans because of his awesomeness.

Im a fvckin juggernaut, ill be here as long as i want. The rest of these losers though, who knows.

That and nepotism.

tons of hiring without increasing productivity is a concern. everything else looks pretty golden right now.

so this ridiculously high up executive at a major company is a client at my firm. long story short, the guy who was mostly handling the relationship tried to bullshit the exec on something, and the exec saw through it and got really angry. we also made 1-2 other mistakes in handling his stuff, which has basically all but burned bridges. so the CEO shows up at my office and says, "OK, this one is now yours. don't feel like it's your fault if they if they fire us. I'm giving them your extension." over/under is like, two phone calls before we get fired on my watch. I'm a hero if they stay with us, though...

• Like 1

I love how much your company trusts you Strat. You are goin' places. Don't forget us.

Frau, how is it you avoid driving? Mass transit or do you live close to where you work? I thought a car was imperative for LA.

What about these events you go to at night?

I live close and take mass transit. For the night events either I drive, or if I think I'll be drinking more than two, I take an uber. 99% of the events are close enough to where I work or live to do this easily and affordably. I have dedicated parking at home, and can easily leave my car at my workplace overnight.

Text from my friend in chicago who works for the company too: Everyone thinks they will be fired after that call. This place is fvcked.

He is leaving in a month for a new job anyways, so he doesnt care, but he told me to get out while i can.

Serious. Let's get you on an entrepreneurial path. I think I'd like you to be a slum lord.

Best way to make short term profits: trim the overhead.

You saying "trim" is just always going to sound dirty.

• Like 1