Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I guess officially I'm self-taught but that diminishes a lot of other people who have shown me things (or done them where I could see). I'm pretty much a sponge. I read everything I can get my hands on and at some point when I was about ten, that left the cookbooks in the house. I also like to eat, so it seemed like a natural progression. I've been cooking since about then. Usually that's mostly just things I like to eat, so when I was kid I did a lot of baking (bread, cakes, loafs) and candy making (truffles, caramels, hard candy, etc) and now it means more entrees. I soaked up everything I could from my mom, and my grandmothers, and my wife, and others. I read cooking websites and watch cooking shows for ideas. I try different things as often as possible. I wanted to go to culinary school after high school but my father pretty much scotched that idea.

But really I'm pretty good at following a recipe. There are others who are much better at being creative in the kitchen than I am.

Your food looks great, thank you for sharing.

oh ron, simple sweet ron. vb quoted a post from 2011, so obviously i joked that he had hit the post button in 2011 and it just went through.

Oh, yeah, gotcha. Good one

Ok tilty.

jubi is no longer on fleek.

Your food looks great, thank you for sharing.

You're welcome! No recipe on this one, just a miscommunication between the wife and I about who was making dinner and a quick look to see what was in the cupboards.

IMG_3729.jpg

We had some frozen pork chops from a recent costco trip, and I figured the sous vide circulator would be a good way to defrost the meat. So I seasoned each one, threw on a sprig of thyme left over from the chicken, some minced garlic, butter, and brown sugar. Bagged them back up and into the water for 90+ minutes at 140.

IMG_3731.jpg

Once the 90 minutes was up and the sides were ready, I took the chops out and made sure to reserve the liquid. I dried the chop and then seared them off quickly in cast iron. After about a minute on each side they were browned up a bit, so I tented them to rest and deglazed the pan with some red wine I was drinking (am drinking) and then whisked in the reserved liquid from the bags. This did not look appetizing and I was not encouraged, but actually it tasted really good, so I used it after all. I'm two for two this weekend in tasty but ugly sauces.

IMG_3733.jpg

Dinner. Making these from frozen is way too convenient. It's not fast but you don't have to do anything while it cooks and they come out so damn tasty!

• Like 2

I like how you realized nobody was on ready to make dinner yet you still had 90+ minutes to throw together a five star meal. Me not realizing I had anything for dinner would be me running to mcdonalds because it's 7:00 and nothing is open and I don't want to cook anything this late.

• Like 1

I thought Bob might be exaggerating a little, but in a little Google digging, I can't find anything longer than this thread and FCPHA.

We did it people!

curiosity-celebration-600.jpg

• Like 1

I like how you realized nobody was on ready to make dinner yet you still had 90+ minutes to throw together a five star meal. Me not realizing I had anything for dinner would be me running to mcdonalds because it's 7:00 and nothing is open and I don't want to cook anything this late.

Well we did eat an hour later than usual.

Goddamn this board loads slow at times.

We should probably just create a subreddit.

we should look into that for sure.

i had to leave work. not feeling well. last night i puked hard and did not sleep well. i had some stuff i had to get done so i went in, but i couldn't make it any longer. my stomach is cramping bad. i think it's something i ate.

Are rape jokes really our best course of action in a real life setting.

Good on you for heading out and your bank shot.

I actually found some discipline last night. Had my 2 for 1 22oz beer, met the wife and the dog for a light dinner outside to socialize him. It was freezing so we ate and ran, I had 2 pints, then I really wanted some more but opted to go home instead. Stopping drinking is tiring. I was in bed and asleep by 9pm.

Walked 3 miles this morning, took Bruno to the dog park just to see how he acts around dogs. He's not an alpha but not timid. What's funny was that he was by far the most athletic mofo there. He put a tennis ball in his mouth and they all started chasing him and he just glided ahead of them and when they got close, he dialed it up a notch.

We didn't stay long because he's still recovering from his ball snipping on Wed. But that place will be a staple. Dude can and needs to run.

Congrats on your marriage, good sir.

JFC I'm having to put together a report for the third time now that A) I shouldn't have to do because it should be up to the managers and B) I'm not even supposed to be doing anything with this part of budget.

The first time was fine, whatever, I'm willing to help out the second time was my fault because I didn't find a proper example of what it was supposed to look like, so, my fault, but now this time it's because I was given the wrong numbers which definitely is not my fault.

Throw on top of this shit pile is this was brought to me while I was more/less redoing it on a smaller but more detailed level for the CEO/CFO. I'm so angry. This shit took my days to put together and now I have to have it done by tomorrow morning again. I can't even get started on it I hate this shit so much. I'm gonna to grab some candy.

• Like 1

That's why they pay you the big bucks Napa.

Even Shake is married now...the boys are growing up so fast.

Just got off the phone with my former boss from the last gig. Sounds like a lot of changes in management have been going on there since I left. Including them promoting a little Neapolian **** that I couldn't stand to Senior Director. It was. A nice call, fun to catch up and a great reminder and affirmation of why I made the decision to leave.

Yep, shit runs down hill. Sucks but that's the reality in the corporate world. But I totally get you're pissed off. Nothing irritated me more than someone else's fck up becoming my emergency.

Yeah, that makes sense. This thread is a beast.

Takes me a good 6 seconds.

I think, your job is really sweet.

Congrats on your marriage, good sir.

I'm reading this that we're all dying and everyone knows but us. That's probably just the white wine and Parenthood finale talking, though.