I Called In Sick Today

I too have a recent soft drink nit anecdote. Probably once every month or so, my wife will swing through Taco Bell for us (while I'm at home). She is in the habit of buying combos, so she's just generally gotten herself a drink and then a Mountain Dew for me. She's trying to be thoughtful, and I very much appreciate that. The problem is that I already am stocked up on Mountain Dew at home...and while drink a lot of it, it's rarely in one sitting. Like, I often don't even get through a full can. So she ends up buying this giant soft drink (as part of the combo) that ends up having all of this ice melt in it...and watered down Dew is no good. I informed her of all of this the last time but felt like a jerk in saying it.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Frau is 5' 4", 125 I believe. So you're only half right scram.

• Like 1

If you are thick and have big tits, you have the genetic basis of being dream woman.

I have food allergies and am not having children. Continue your genetic search.

I concur with Essay. Or did you accidentally type Indian instead of Italian there? That makes a little more sense. But I guess my ruling is still the same.

No, the guy was dot Indian.

Frau is 5' 4", 125 I believe. So you're only half right scram.

Correct as far as you know. I was mis-measured. My new, corrected height is 5' 5.5".

I insisted on getting my height checked when I was negotiating my BMI over the Christmas holidays. The weight will fluctuate a couple of lbs.

I've been to India.

If we accept the multi-regional hypothesis for human evolution (which is the absolute worst of the lot), one of the phenotypical 'bright lines' exists on the Indian subcontinent, much like it does in Africa. Above the Tropic of Cancer, lighter and more intelligent, Sub-Tropical, darker and less intelligent.

The much more compelling "Out of Africa" theory holds that modern man migrated from Africa, into India via the 'southern route' theory, branching off in various directions (including hitting certain evolutionary stonewalls, such as Aboriginals in Australia). What we have in North India today are people in Indo-Aryan origin, who, factoring in salting the genetic pot with a few centuries of European colonial commingling, occasionally come out to look like Italians, Spaniards or Jewesses.

They can actually be extremely handsome people but that usually rests on the less dravidian they look.

Without seeing a picture but going on your description, the ruling is no, you likely do not look North Indian but probably do posses features Indians value (fair complexion, light eyes) and he was just thinking wishfully, or, he has devised a workable 'firing blind' strategy for certain women he finds attractive who may have ethnic-identity issues and take something like that as a flattering 'compliment' coming from someone of another race.

I've found another area where I'm cheap. Stratlike.

Debating heading to SoFL this weekend because my parents will be down there and because I need to pick something up from them. I just started searching hotels because the wife doesn't really like staying with friends, which I don't mind too much. Well, being that it's SoFL, January and my area is 7 miles from the beach, even the rat trapiest hotels are $100 a night and decent ones are $200. I can't validate spending that money, even for 1 night, nevermind 2. $300 can go to much better things. Nights out, golf, her birthday next weekend, which we are debating taking a trip to Tampa. So yeah, I dislike paying for hotels, especially during season

I too have a recent soft drink nit anecdote. Probably once every month or so, my wife will swing through Taco Bell for us (while I'm at home). She is in the habit of buying combos, so she's just generally gotten herself a drink and then a Mountain Dew for me. She's trying to be thoughtful, and I very much appreciate that. The problem is that I already am stocked up on Mountain Dew at home...and while drink a lot of it, it's rarely in one sitting. Like, I often don't even get through a full can. So she ends up buying this giant soft drink (as part of the combo) that ends up having all of this ice melt in it...and watered down Dew is no good. I informed her of all of this the last time but felt like a jerk in saying it.

Just tell her to get it with no ice?

I checked scram's site. I did see the potential of renting a house sometime in the future, although I'd have other sites for that for a beach condo, but that was a site of people renting rooms. That's just weird

Besides, we don't want to stay at a house of people we like, we certainly won't stay with strangers, and have to pay

I've found another area where I'm cheap. Stratlike.

Debating heading to SoFL this weekend because my parents will be down there and because I need to pick something up from them. I just started searching hotels because the wife doesn't really like staying with friends, which I don't mind too much. Well, being that it's SoFL, January and my area is 7 miles from the beach, even the rat trapiest hotels are $100 a night and decent ones are $200. I can't validate spending that money, even for 1 night, nevermind 2. $300 can go to much better things. Nights out, golf, her birthday next weekend, which we are debating taking a trip to Tampa. So yeah, I dislike paying for hotels, especially during season

My father in law and I were talking about this last night. I too hate spending (read:wasting) money on a hotel room that could be spent on gambling, eating, sight seeing or whatever. The way I'm wracking up the Hilton Honors points im hoping to be able to get some free nights for trips in the future.

How cute would you say this girl is.

https://www.facebook.com/nina.jensen.5473

Would not display the page.

Nice, fritzy

I am gonna need new tires in probably 7k miles. Can't believe I'm only gonna get 32k miles or so on $1000 worth of tires.

I'll rack up the burning of rubber on the way to getting new tires

A coworker brought me this chocolate egg back from Germany, apparently there's a toy airplane inside. neat.

141f1c79-ac5d-43c1-9cb0-3113f569922d_zpszg87mzn4.jpg

Careful, kindereggs are illegal in the US. American's can't be trusted to not choke on toys that are encased in chocolate.