Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Speaking of getting in shape...

I woke up just before 5:30 to the bed shaking like crazy. Knew immediately it was an earthquake, layed here for a few minutes to see if there were any aftershocks and then went back to sleep.

The news showed a 4.4 quake hit about 20 miles south of here. CA living.

2.5 mile run tonight and its 45 degrees out. Best believe I'll be wearing short shorts.

Think I might go run at the lake I haven't been too in awhile. It's a pretty public place though and I'm still self-conscious about running in public. Idk, maybe I'll stick to my usual route.

I've been doing 3-4 and then some other type of activity the other 2-3. The plan is 3 runs a week for the next 6 weeks then 4 runs a week after that.

10k (on week 2)

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51122/10K-Novice-Training-Program

1/2 (Day 1 is March 9)

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51131/Half-Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program

Looks solid. The reason I asked was so I could suggest a similar schedule. In the future, if speed is important, I'd suggest replacing Wednesday with a sprinting day, and then swapping the activities of Thursday with Friday or whatever in order to rest from it, but at your weight and experience level, speed should keep building just from improving cardio fitness and weightloss for a while.

What are you doing for crosstraining and strength? My only suggestion for crosstraining is that you don't want it to be too similar to running or something with much likelihood of getting you hurt (i.e. tennis or something with a lot of changing directions), and strength doesn't have to be intense or well-rounded. I get easily bored by non-running/biking exercise, and end up cycling through whatever treandy shit my partner is into that week...I think body weight squats and a few varieties of planks probably covers your needs, honestly.

• Like 1

Well, for the next five weeks I have rec-basketball on Wednesday nights so I was going to count that as my cross training for now. Otherwise I'll just catch whatever class my gym is offering that specific day. Usually cycling or some sort of HIIT with either body weights or kettle bells. If I switch gyms, maybe some swimming. I might mix in some compound lifting days at lower weights, too, but I'm a little worried about the DOMS messing up my running.

I have some yoga vids for the stretching/rest days in addition to daily foam rolling. I'm going to look for a running themed yoga video though.

Yeah, for this first one I'm not overly concerned with time. Maybe if I decide to run a second and/or triathalon then I'll worry about time.

He just put an Alliyah cover on his tumbler that's really dope. He also released a little 3 bar song/poem not to long ago that probably would have made me cry a few mere months earlier.

Www.Frankocean.tumblr.com maybe?

I kinda hope he just one night drops an album with no warning so I can just listen to it from start to finish with no knowledge of any singles and I can just sit in the dark drinking whiskey and maybe have a cry. He seems the type to do that.

Shoulda jumped on the wife and told her you were bringing it so good the ground was shaking.

I like the way you think but, unfortunately she's at home and I am not. Funny though because as I was first waking up the bed moving felt exactly as if someone were having sex next to me and it took a second to wake up enough to realize what was actually happening.

Had to drive a ways out of my way tonight to get far enough from the SF Bay Area to not have to pay $200+ for a hotel so that kind of sucks for tomorrow when I have to drive back over there. Starving now so I need to find something for dinner. Eat in or go out, that is the question!

Do you not get hotel money from your job?

I have a company Amex Gold card for all expenses, hotel, gas, food and anything else I need for work. We've only been asked to stay at business rate hotels, unacceptable dollar amount hasn't been given but all the Territory Managers try to keep it to $149 a night or less. I always stay at the Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn and they are normally about $129 or $139 a night but the SF Bay Area is ridiculous and everybody wanted over $200.

My brain totally skipped over that cake descrips because I just assumed it was a California thing. Thanks for the explanation.

I'm easy to understand. I'm of the people.

I always hated running and still do, really.

So do I!!!

I've been running most mornings for months now. I don't know how far--I run for a while, then walk, then run. I'm not in it for endurance, more to get my heart rate up, to sweat in the morning before work, and farm out my crazy. I've never had a "good run" in my life.

Speaking of getting in shape...

I woke up just before 5:30 to the bed shaking like crazy. Knew immediately it was an earthquake, layed here for a few minutes to see if there were any aftershocks and then went back to sleep.

The news showed a 4.4 quake hit about 20 miles south of here. CA living.

I felt nothing.

Presenting pre-first draft budget to sr. Management in 15. My budget buddy just stopped by my cube to ask which parts I wanted to present. Told her that I'm totally cool with not talking at all because I don't know wtf to expect or what any of this means. Real go-getter I am.

Napa, about wasting a doctor's time...

I think I mentioned I've restarted therapy. The doctor is in my neighborhood, and only available time was perfect for my ****ed up hours, 8:00am on Satuday.

She's in an office building and the parking structure isn't open that early, so I have to park at a meter on the street. My first week I'm parking, and the meters hours start after 9:00. I was all, "oh! But what if we run long?"

This is funny in retrospect, because we're never going to run long. I have 50 minutes, and then I get kindly and efficiently shown the door. For my dentist, I make a point of telling the receptionist I'm a nervous patient, and they all know to be super nice and gentle. Taking care of humans is their job.

• Like 1

I felt nothing.

Just what every man wants to hear from a woman.

I wasn't at home, I was up in Salinas.

I'm now in Pittsburg and apparently someone's car was stolen from the parking lot last night. Wasn't mine though so #winning