I Called In Sick Today

If I ever win the lottery, I'd team up with someone in Frau's position where she could receive anonymous gifts whenever she needed to make a quota in exchange for...services. I would do that for Frau just because were BFF's though. No reciprocation necessary. But that's not going to happen because I don't play the lottery and I don't have the ambition to become a millionaire through hard work.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Oh hey, this morning when bent over the sink, brushing my teeth, I hear a tiny pop in my lower center back. Oh crap, I remember that feeling. That's only happened once in the last 5 years, but has been happening since 1995 or 1996. It used to be more frequent. What's that you say? It's my back going totally out, to the point where I can't even stand straight or walk more than 20 paces without having to put my hands on my knees and I'm breathing hard and sweating because of the pain and struggle.

On the bright side, it's made my right knee that's been hurting like hell for about 2 months, which undoubtedly requires surgery, it's 6th, feel less pained.

Fortunately, non of this stuff messed with my golf game, until now. Hopefully this fades away in about 5 days or so, like always. Unfortunately, I have a job interview Wednesday at 5pm. Really don't want to be the doubled over, limping fat sweaty guy doing an interview. Not a hireable look

Worst of all, I'm pooping while writing all of this. It went very well, except for my feet falling asleep. But now Inhave to wipe and I'm unsure if I can get there.

...to be continued

I made everyone involved aware of what he did. I went out of my way to tell my boss that she should look at the time and money we invested in him as a sunk cost.

he's just a young guy who doesn't realize that he hit a home run with his first job. I would have killed to get in the door somewhere, doing what I wanted to do with my life, right out of school.

Great news on the donor Frau. Sorry about the back Ron. Good luck getting the kid fired right before Christmas strat.

So there's a large, pretty much national, company that in the shed business, mostly out west. My first week of training the guy I was with and I visited one of their dealers and chatted for a while. The next week when I was with another guy we stopped at another of their retail shops and managed to get the name and number of their SVP of retail operations which we passed on to our owner/boss.

Turns out this company had been in talks with another rent to own company for eight weeks but were willing to listen to our pitch. Today, after about three weeks of calls and a visit to their corporate office my boss closed the deal. Right off the bat its 90 retail locations, more than a third of them in my territory, with planned expansion over the next two years.

Pretty excited to get such a big client right off the bat to jump start my area.

• Like 3

My roommate went to Dallas this past weekend with two of his friends from college for the ISU game. The other two ended up in jail Friday night for public intox leaving my roommate all alone and without the hotel keys. He knew one of them went to jail but wasn't sure about the other until the next morning when they all met up at the game.

That sucks. So did he have to get another hotel room? I imagine if he didn't book the room they wouldn't give him another key? I would have been pissed but the I would bust their balls about it mercilessly for the rest of time so it would have been worth it in the long run.

They gave him a room key at the hotel. The front desk recognized him as "one of the iowa boys".

They did managed to get a perfect picture for this thread with all three of them on a mechanical bull before getting put in the drunk tank.

• Like 1

I made chili today too, kinda. Jess asked me to put something in the slow cooker for her so I did, but I'm not home for dinner so I don't know if it turned out ok or what. So weird to be cooking and not tasting as I go.

They specifically picked that game really early this year because they thought TCU was going to be garbage and it would be a sure win for ISU.

do they play poker? you should clean them out.

• Like 1

So weird, came home, barely made it in the house, really painful to get out of the bed. As the wife came home, I walked out to meet her and it straightened up to almost no pain. It's tender, but I can walk straight and am not in pain. Strangest thing that's ever happened with my back.

Oh well, hope it keeps healthy-ish.

Kudos tilt.

So weird, came home, barely made it in the house, really painful to get out of the bed. As the wife came home, I walked out to meet her and it straightened up to almost no pain. It's tender, but I can walk straight and am not in pain. Strangest thing that's ever happened with my back.

Oh well, hope it keeps healthy-ish.

Kudos tilt.

Yeah, she's got that kinda charisma!

The Chevy Chase AMA was great. It was weird and awesome at the same time.

Congrats to our California Kids on their recent successes.

• Like 1

if i'm wearing a sweater to work, can i buy a short sleeve dress shirt only to wear under neath it? i figure that will cut down on the body heat aspect.

Yes. I accidentally bought two short sleeve shirts that were on clearance once and this is the only time they get worn.