I Called In Sick Today

i agree with frau (and not just because I want her to send me noodz).

if i was her i would be furiously writing letters to the illinois congress/governor demanding they immediately prohibit same sex marriages because if i can't be happy, screw everybody. SCORCHED EARTH MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Today when I read that piece on Vulture, it took me back. Especially the episode when Rayanne slept with Jordan and Angela found out, then they were doing Our Town and during rehearsal, Angela read with Rayanne during her speech and shit got real, and teary, I remembered that shit and it was powerful.

• Like 1

Good call on the save the date. Those are usually non descriptive. And I'm usually not being asked to fly halfway across the country. You definitely deserved a phone call, especially after you explained your situation, and she could probably make room.

• Like 2

Well, that clears up any remaining confusion about whether Frau was actually a woman.

Frau, you should immediately take advantage of the opening she left and change your mind. Call her, and say you were upset because you expected a +1 and had made plans with Mr Chicago (wait, is this wedding in Chicago but you're bringing someone else???), and that you'd love to attend to celebrate their day, and won't she please keep you and GBFF in mind if anyone cancels.

And stop calling Napa your GBFF.

• Like 2

Well, that clears up any remaining confusion about whether Frau was actually a woman.

Frau, you should immediately take advantage of the opening she left and change your mind. Call her, and say you were upset because you expected a +1 and had made plans with Mr Chicago (wait, is this wedding in Chicago but you're bringing someone else???), and that you'd love to attend to celebrate their day, and won't she please keep you and GBFF in mind if anyone cancels.

And stop calling Napa your GBFF.

I am really a woman, I did not drink but did eat a bowl of ice cream.

You're right. Pride is a ************, and I should send that text. Thank you panda icon guy.

I got uninvited from the gay wedding today.

They have limited space, and "100% attendance" so I can come, but I can't bring my guest. I've talked the wedding up to Gay BFF, and I'd feel horrible about going to wedding and leaving him out.

The bride told me via text today, and I my feelings are really hurt. I guess I understand about space--she said she never intended me to bring a guest--but still. I've never invited a single only to anything, and the idea she's going to end our relationship via text. I had purchased her wedding present today (before the uninviting). I feel like getting drunk and crying.

This is really crappy. I think that since the brides to be knew you'd have to fly half way across the country, a huge expense when air fare, room and meals are added up, they should have been very specific on the save the date. Obviously you were going to have/want to book travel arrangements as soon as possible for the best fares etc... They didn't take the huge commitment you were making to show up into account. That's on them.

at least she didn't say she was eunuch and the wedding was off.

Well, there is that.

she isn't overreacting. people need to learn that if you slight us, we will freeze them out for the rest of our lives.

This.

As I've got older I've done this more and more. I am ridiculously loyal and expect at least a modicum of loyalty in return. I also expect that a friend/relative doesn't just use me to dump their negativity on every time we talk. I've cut a fair number of people out of my life for this, namely my father who I haven't spoken to for 3 or 4 years now.

It is very rare that I've had even a tinge of regret or miss any of them.

Ouchie, you're gonna catch so much shit when she asks back in to the wedding and lesbo 1 gave her space away. That really will be the end of the friendship, and a pint of Ben & Jerrys

• Like 1

Oh, speaking of loyalty, or lack thereof, I was talking to a few people the last few days in Chicago about the interviews for the Wisconsin and Mississippi regional positions. A couple of them were in the interviews also and a couple that had inside information on the process. After work cocktails are better than truth serum. Turns out that both the Wisconsin and Mississippi positions had already been offered to the two that ended up with the positions before the interviews took place.

So, my thought that the whole interview process was just a dog and pony show to make us feel a part of the process was dead on.

Strike 2.

Ouchie, you're gonna catch so much shit when she asks back in to the wedding and lesbo 1 gave her space away. That really will be the end of the friendship, and a pint of Ben & Jerrys

No doubt frau's spot has already been assigned to someone elses + 1

• Like 1

No doubt frau's spot has already been assigned to someone elses + 1

I said "immediately" for a reason.

• Like 1

used my friday night to build a foreign equity screener that would make brv all hot and bothered. going to bash some skulls with this mother.

GIVE ME YOUR YOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonofabitch

gauntlet throwing:

i defy strat, naps, and essay to have 1 date (not friendly hang out, not drunk make out sesh with a half lesbian cocktease etc) by halloween thanksgiving. a by god honest date.

1 measley date. of course, i would be absolutely over the moon happy if you decide to overachieve and stick a body part of yours in some orifice of another person.

yeah that girl who connected with me on linkedin and then cancelled because she was sick was actually apparently sick or has run out of all other options because she texted and set it up for tomorrow.

• Like 4