I Called In Sick Today

I find it really creepy how shake always includes his "girlfriends" age in every post that he talks about her.

Been just routine boring stuff around here. I have a meeting today with my boss to start working on 2015 budgets. About as exciting as it gets lately.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Speaking of wanting to buy things, I emailed an old friend about buying a piece of her work. She's my only friend who's still doing it--being a fine artist is her primary employment. She's had significant commissions, grants, fellowships, and is a painter. I told her I'd spend between $2-3K, and don't want anything larger than 5x5. I've never purchased significant original work and I'm very, very excited about all of this.

I would go the opposite route on size. I don't want anything smaller than 5'x5'.

• Like 1

holy shit go to the hewlett packard career page. dude on there looks just like adam from workoholics. I gotta be getting a job there.

and tilt what is so creepy about me talking about my 23 year old girlfriend? and a comepletely unrelated question, how old is your daughter again?

• Like 2

Napa,

How much is too much for clothes? I've got that fancy wedding coming up, and I want something new. I can rationalize part of it--my work does require me to get dressed up. Keep in mind I'll probably want/need to get new shoes, too.

Hank, are you going to NIN? Did you go already? I'm going on Monday...

And here's my Pakistani lunch from today. It's down the street from a mosque, and keeps hallal. Each plate was $12 and included the naan.

iWiavXx.jpg

Oh man. That makes me miss Afghanistan.

I'm going to need final approval before any purchases though. Or you could just tell me after what you bought.

It seems like you learned your negotiating skills from Motherfucker Jones.

Saw Arcade Fire on Tuesday. I enjoyed it. I don't think I'm a hipster, but sometimes I wonder.

My friend predictably got too drunk and almost kicked out for dancing in the aisles like a maniac. Also left his jacket there, along with a shirt and a hat he threw into various sections of the crowd. He does not handle all-day drinking any better at 30 than 20.

so does anybody know much about home equity loans? the opportunity to buy that land has come up again and I remember the land loan I looked at originally being kind of shitty. would a home equity loan be a good alternative? assuming my home is worth more than the amount I need of course. are they paid back like a regular loan or different? quickly looking around at wells fargo they seem weird, with some options with "advance" or something or another.

You can do a loan or a line of credit. Before I go in with that, I'll give you the basics

Think about what your house is worth. $100k, then what you owe, $50k, subtract the two, $50k of equity, and the bank will lend you up to 80% of that. $30k

A loan is best for you because it's gonna be a fixed rate and you are making a bulk purchase. No need for you to have a line of credit with a variable rate, even though it's going to be lower right now. If prime rate ever goes up, so will your rate. You'd more than likely be able to lock it in but at a higher rate. Ask about that.

Do you have insurance on the house? You'll need that.

Interest paid on a home equity loan can be written off on your taxes a lot of the time, which helps reduce the cost of the loan.

You don't owe anything on the house do you? Is it in your name or your parents? They did a quit claim when they dumped that shit box on you, right? Did you guys all live there as a family?

• Like 1

Shake, Im in the process of CADing out some parts for an AR that you, or a couple others, around these parts might want. It all commenced during a trip to the worthington mountains a few weeks ago. There I was, mindin my own beer when the soothing sound of automatic gunfire erupted from the woods. Not one to lose out on a potential gunfight, I grabbed a hand cannon and staggered out to magnumpi the situation...

Turns out a bunch of kids bought a stock that screws in the upper and makes it a "sliding bumpfire" doomaflauge. Worked quite well. Even looked like a well engineered and constructed item. Should be for four hundred dollar beers at the Plaza

Anyway, the gents were kind enough to allow me to pilfer a few pics and measurements in return for a bottle of hooch...

Hell, I may even get rid of the sixteen over the thing. Doubt it, though. Anyhoo, its called the defendar or something silly like that. Look it up and see whatsha think

Oh, later that night around two ainthem I was in a peaceful state of drunken comatose when all the sudden the groiund started shaking, the earth was quaking, and brian johnson wasnt even singing. Damned if it wasnt some sort of flying experiment from the alien base next door. Ive heard of their pulse jet thingamajiggys before and Im pretty sure it was driven by one. Rapid explosions with barely a hint of visual flame as it streaked around the area at what Mr. Keith Stone approximated at around five and a half hundred knots...

Goddamn I have to secure a clearance to that joint one of these days. I could die happy playing with toys like those

In other news, I visited a womens prision a couple days ago....

I literally saw two of the best looking gals in my life. No shittin sherlock. Almost shit me pants. Unfortunately, my presence there was of a mechanical duty or I wouldve attempted to make good on the numerous cat calls, whistles, hey baby wanna screws, and other shameful statements made during my appearance there

...next time I wont do any of those things unless I can stay longer

Ronald, Ill admit I havent been around much of late but did you really just respond to shaky with, "100k", "50k", "30k", and last and even worse..... "insurance"????

Damn son.... you must be more hammered than I at this moment

Good to converse with ya over bit and bytes and a screen, though. Hope you and yours are holding your own...

Mines almost always in hand since the testosterone shots began

Beans, I'll buy an AR from you.

Its actually just a stock that goes onto one. Once ya pull the trigger, the gun recoils and due to your forward pressure on the handguard the gun slides forward an inch or so and causes your finger to pull the trigger again. Actually, the trigger comes forward and gets pulled by your fixed finger. Im sure theres a few hundred youboob uploads about the thing

But yeah, ya want one I should have them whittled out around hatemas. No earlier than hatesgiving...

All,good my friend.

Beans, you see that Challenger Hellcat Dodge is rolling out? So awesome. I heard they are gonna do a Charger Hellcat as well. I mean, who doesn't need 700hp?

And yes, I actually chuckled when I wrote $100k, but wanted round number for my example.

my parents are still listed on there as some sort of lifetime option thing, like I own it outright but if they want to come back they can. I figure I'd have to get them to sign something but they would be ok with that. also I'm not sure what it would be worth, or if it would be worth enough to cover the amount I'd need for the land. so yeah that's an issue. but I'm going to check the tax assessed value when I get home so that should give me a starting point.

insurance may be an issue though. don't have any and I'm not sure anybody would insure it. that's why I've never tried. do they send somebody to your house to look st it before they will insure you?

and beans that is pretty interesting. I'll have to look at the videos when I get home. I'm sure they'll be illegal by next year.

Basically, you're not going to get a bank loan on that property.

Out of state owners, and since they own it, they will be on the loan and guarantee it. You'd have to get insurance first, and from what you have written, you won't want to pay what they will likely charge you, if they even insure it. And again, the muddled ownership will make that a hassle. Not positive on the insurance stuff

Good luck

Reread the ownership part. Never seen that and I've done well over 50 home equity loans, maybe more. It seems like it will be real tricky.

Tax assessed value is usually a little low.

just checked and tax assessed value is $100k. no idea what the hell they were thinking. insurance and the parents thing would be an issue. in all reality insurance would be a goos thing anyways, just not sure if I could afford it.

thing is, the reason it was attractive was the lower interest relates and the ease of getting the loan as compared to a land only loan. the insurance would cancel out the interest rates and my other banker friend said they'd both be the same amount of involvement to take out, so I'm not sure it is worth it now, since I'd be putting my house at risk instead of the land. I don't know. gotta do some thinkin.

oh jesus $900 a year was the online quote from progressive. screw that. but really I wish I could get it as it's retarded not to have it, but there's literally no way I could afford that now and a loan on top of that.

shit, but I don't know. maybe I should get it? sell a couple shares of stock or something and buy a year outright. ugh I sure wish I made an adult's salary.