I Called In Sick Today

yeah, I was being as conservative as possible. binging on vacation is OK, but if it takes you 20 beers / day to get lit up...

man, I ****ing hate harping on you, Napa. I know you know it's terrible. I just want you to be thin and happy.

I hear ya. I want to be thin and happy, too. I don't think I'll be going back next year. Also because I want to go on a real vacation somewhere I haven't been instead.

Worst part is I didn't actually feel all that drunk this weekend. I went on a rent at the first night concert to my buddy about how mad I was that I've literally been drinking all day and yet don't feel all that drunk but I'm just too full and I can't drink anymore.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Worst part is I didn't actually feel all that drunk this weekend. I went on a rent at the first night concert to my buddy about how mad I was that I've literally been drinking all day and yet don't feel all that drunk but I'm just too full and I can't drink anymore.

Sounds like a drunken rant

• Like 2

What so you drink if it's game night with adults and you know you're gonna drink for a long time and try to get wives to make out with each other?

Wine. Or some sort of margaritas type drink.

Or if you're at a bar for a 4 hour football game?

Beer provides longevity. Booze gets the drunk on faster.

I still drink good beer. You can drink good beer that is not 10%. It's been probably 15 years since I have actually ordered a bud, bud light, coors, coors light at a bar. Blue Moon is probably the closest thing, even then I tend not to get that. Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, Anchorsteam, those are all almost always on tap.

Napa, I just thought of a good all day drinking beer. Sierra Nevada Pal Ale.

The first day our neighbors were chanting "LADLE LADLE LADLE" periodically and so I went over to check it out. They had a 72 oz ladle that you would put a beer in and then have to chug it. I had the weeks record and had random people coming up to me telling me they heard about my ladle. It was ungodly how fast I took that down.

I hear ya. I want to be thin and happy, too. I don't think I'll be going back next year. Also because I want to go on a real vacation somewhere I haven't been instead.

unless you have some kind of genetic disorder I've never heard of, the solution to this problem is to drink way ****ing less. breaking your calorie limit on a weekend like that, even a few times per year, can fit in with a diet that keeps you thin.

I don't like the taste of Sierra Nevada pale ales. I try not to bring taste into it though because I am the 1% who cannot taste the difference between 90% of beers. It's all about smoothness for me.

The first day our neighbors were chanting "LADLE LADLE LADLE" periodically and so I went over to check it out. They had a 72 oz ladle that you would put a beer in and then have to chug it. I had the weeks record and had random people coming up to me telling me they heard about my ladle. It was ungodly how fast I took that down.

****ing napa

Sounds like a drunken rant

We discussed that the next day. But I still didn't feel that drunk which is the worst part. I probably would have driven if given the opportunity to be honest with you.

I don't like the taste of Sierra Nevada pale ales. I try not to bring taste into it though because I am the 1% who cannot taste the difference between 90% of beers. It's all about smoothness for me.

I guess I don't know why you are drinking beer then. I mean, when you are 20 I get it, but now I don't.

these words have restored guapo's point total to its rightful place

Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, Anchorsteam, those are all almost always on tap.

I will most always do a Sam Adam's seasonal. Been forever since I had a miller light I hate Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light Oddly, I enjoy the Platinums. It has citrus notes.

Ron just accidentally liked one of my posts, then made sure to take it away. because that's his M.O.

I meant to quote it, which I did. Fat fingered it. I didn't want to give out a false like. You know when I like something, it's earned.

After this trip, I think it's better I decide if/how long we see each other.

Well...doesn't sound like it went THAT great...

I'm not getting there, much like this weekend.

Got it.

I don't either. I fit in the group Ron mentioned. I don't really like the taste of most beers but I will drink a couple on a hot day, playing poker or out with friends. If I'm going to drink beer I'm going to drink what I at least somewhat like so most of the time its a blue moon, fat tire, shock top pale ale or the like. I'm going to make a point of trying the midas touch Ocho mentioned though.

Tonights beer of choice:

bearrepublicracer5.jpeg

7.5% ABV

I'm on #4 right now, will probably drink 2-4 more depending on how much my wife bitches at me for drinking this many beers.

I've had that one. 6 beers on a Sunday, nice

Does your wife really bitch at you over a few beers? And she thinks 6 is a lot? She'd hate me. I thank brvy every day that I have never had a wife that complains at me.

• Like 1

I guess I don't know why you are drinking beer then. I mean, when you are 20 I get it, but now I don't.

Lol, OK.

Look, I don't drink bud light when I go out to eat. I look over their selection and try to pick a beer I've never had. I hardly ever drink beer anymore unless it's a situation like this weekend/tailgating or if I'll be driving and know drinking liquor will get to me too drunk too quickly. I drink almost exclusively liquor if I'm at home or if I'm going out and know I won't be driving.

Not that I need to justify my drinking habits to you. Cheap light beers have a place and if you can't see that than whatever.

• Like 3

Lol, OK.

Look, I don't drink bud light when I go out to eat. I look over their selection and try to pick a beer I've never had. I hardly ever drink beer anymore unless it's a situation like this weekend/tailgating or if I'll be driving and know drinking liquor will get to me too drunk too quickly. I drink almost exclusively liquor if I'm at home or if I'm going out and know I won't be driving.

Not that I need to justify my drinking habits to you. Cheap light beers have a place and if you can't see that than whatever.

Besides the "beer if I'm driving" I agree with all of this. I used to drink more vodka than I do now. I need to get back to it. I've been on craft beers for about 4 years now. Tried hundreds, always thought beer was cheaper than a well drink, not so sure now. Plus, I drink in volume too much.

We had a girl get a dart stuck in her leg while playing beer darts. I was the one who pulled it out of her leg That's probably why security confiscated one of our beer darts earlier in the day. Don't worry...she's fine. She's had a tetanus shot recently and there was hardly any blood. Our nurse compatriot signed off on it.

We went and floated a river one afternoon. Just a lot of fun hanging out with friends and meeting like minded people.

Concerts were all great. That Brad Paisley sure can shred. Zac Brown Band was ungodly fun. Really enjoyed The Band Perry and Travis Tritt.

Funny how we all are kind of similar and yet so different. Napa's weekend, to me, sounds like a prison camp. Camping, hot, country music.

Floating down a river doesn't sound awful, except I'm scared of rivers and lakes.

• Like 1

Just to clarify to a few people: Blue Moon and Shock Top are not craft beers. They are made by Coors and Budweiser. If you like those beers, great, try a Hoegarden or Harpoon UFO. If your goal is to help small breweries out with your beverage purchase, pick something else.

Went to a party Saturday for a couple hours. The beers available: Blue Moon, Shock Top (Why have both in the same fridge?!), Amstel Light. I kept my feelings to myself.

• Like 2