I Called In Sick Today

how is the flexibility? any wiggle room or are you expected to be there 8-5 even if you worked until 9 the previous night?

that's one good thing about my gig now, if i have to put in extra hours i can come in late/leave early at some other point. as long as we don't abuse it too bad.

very flexible as long as the work gets done. the 'supervisor' is basically totally out of the picture and relies on us to actually tell her what we do on a day to day basis.

I don't often stay super late due to alarm anxiety. I don't want to be the last one out and risk setting it on someone. people are always leaving their cars in the lot for some fking reason or another and I am not checking bathrooms. I do not mind working ridiculous hours otherwise. they are like doubling the size of the building soon, they NEED to come up with a better system for securing it besides the honor system.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

my favorite uncle ignored one of TB, pneumonia, or lung cancer, and is now apparently in really bad shape. was overweight and a smoker for several years, ignored diabetes for a while as well. pretty frustrating. he's going to find out what it is today... hope it's just a scare. guy lost 100 pounds since march without trying. wtf.

sorry to hear about your uncle stratego. hopefully it's nothing too bad. with that kind of weight loss I'd be nervous as hell too.

my favorite uncle ignored one of TB, pneumonia, or lung cancer, and is now apparently in really bad shape. was overweight and a smoker for several years, ignored diabetes for a while as well. pretty frustrating. he's going to find out what it is today... hope it's just a scare. guy lost 100 pounds since march without trying. wtf.

Someone (in his 40s) I knew had a heart attack (several on the same day, I think), ignored all advice, died soon after of of another sequence of heart attacks.

I'm sort of glad he is dead, though, because he was a huge ****.

I haven't been to th doctor in 8 years maybe. Healthy as a fvckin horse.

I had a horse for a while growing up. We had to send a vet out like 50 times per year. And that horse didn't have health insurance.

My horses didn't require much vet attention outside the standard shot and I usually did those on my own. Except for that one time one got a bite and the skin on the side of his face literally fell off. That was gross.

My boss just asked me if he should pay $70 for the midrange brake pads or $110 for the premium and I calmly got to reenact the "...all because you wanted to save a few pennies on brake pads" scene from Tommy Boy. Think I'm just going to call it a day cause it's not getting much better than that.

• Like 5

I go to the doctor for a full checkup twice a year dickweed. And up until the last time had always gotten a clean-ish bill of health (he obviously always wants me to lose weight)

My horses didn't require much vet attention outside the standard shot and I usually did those on my own. Except for that one time one got a bite and the skin on the side of his face literally fell off. That was gross.

My boss just asked me if he should pay $70 for the midrange brake pads or $110 for the premium and I calmly got to reenact the "...all because you wanted to save a few pennies on brake pads" scene from Tommy Boy. Think I'm just going to call it a day cause it's not getting much better than that.

There is something so appropriate about you pretending to be Tommy Boy.

Did you do the full "I could shit in a box and stamp guarantee on it..." bit?

New guy in the corner puking his guts out.

• Like 1

I can't imagine the stress and worry Napa has about his health when it's been 4 months since seeing the doctor.

I'm just counting the minutes until the 3 day weekend starts and dreading the commute home because everybody and their sister will be on the road to Vegas or somewhere else clogging up my damn freeway.

I have a genetic disorder that requires me to go to the doctor every six months because the meds I have to take are controlled substances.

Now don't you feel like a dick.

Tilty what you got planned for this weekend?

BBQ with the family and fireworks tomorrow. THE BEACH either Sat or Sun and a poker session thrown in there somewhere for good measure.

I have a genetic disorder that requires me to go to the doctor every six months because the meds I have to take are controlled substances.

Now don't you feel like a dick.

Nope, not really.