I Called In Sick Today

your doing it all wrong tilt, don't listen to brv.

take it to the genius bar at you local apple store.

• Like 3
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

this post intentionally left blank

edit: what's funny is that even though I screwed up the original joke that was supposed to be here, hank and brv still liked it because it was written using my macbook pro.

• Like 5

Well I can't get caught up on the iPhone as it won't skip to the current post so I'll just post, I've been in WV all week taking in the velvet art and ridiculous roads, it did dawn on me that SA could really get the self esteem boost he needs by moving here. He'd be a stud, smartest in the city, underweight, and a hot foreigner. The girls at Biscuit World would be all over him. And he could visit Shake on the weekends. Aside from the ridiculous roads it's a virtual paradise.

• Like 2

I'm just sacrificing health for value on my food. I get a pizza for $5.30 that can be two meals. or some wraps for $8 that do the same. etc. why not groceries? I don't have the fridge space to go to the grocery store right now, because the one roommate buys in bulk and fills the entire fridge by himself. the owner of the house apparently agreed to this some time ago. there are a few other things in the house like this, where this guy just continues with his routine like he doesn't have another roommate. he's temporary, so I'm not super down about it, but this sort of thing was only adding to the pile of shit making me reconsider this decision in the first few weeks of being here.

http://www.soylent.me

Well I can't get caught up on the iPhone as it won't skip to the current post so I'll just post, I've been in WV all week taking in the velvet art and ridiculous roads, it did dawn on me that SA could really get the self esteem boost he needs by moving here. He'd be a stud, smartest in the city, underweight, and a hot foreigner. The girls at Biscuit World would be all over him. And he could visit Shake on the weekends. Aside from the ridiculous roads it's a virtual paradise.

In WV, most of you could live as well as Donald Sterling lives in LA. By which I mean, your views on race would make you despised by the general public, but you could afford to buy cars and homes for ghoulish sex workers.

• Like 1

i don't know, i feel like my views on race would fit perfectly in west virginia.

Mine too. But I don't think most of this thread grew up in places as progressive as Kansas or the Deep South.

• Like 2

I live 1-1.5 hrs north of West Virginia. You could seriously live like a king making 50k/yr and the people are uneducated and backwards (inbred) so that could easily be exploited. It really is a hidden gem of the Appalachians.

• Like 2

I'm finally getting into NCAA sports. My partner and I have a new role play in which they are a school-spirited junior looking to help out the basketball program, and I am the less than content star of their rival team. Together and through inebriating lubricants, humiliation and domination, we continue to make a mockery of the premise of amateurism until I eventually sign a letter of intent by ejaculating on the dotted line and initialing next to the morality clause. It's a lot of paperwork but super hot.

• Like 4

the important question is what schools are we talking about here?

Oregon and Oregon State. We are accepting video submissions from white males 70-80 interested in playing Phil Knight, if anyone is interested.

Hey, I just took my pants off and got an erection for you and Hank. I was wrong about my dick. Granted, I'd been involved in some pretty exhausting sex around lunch time, so these numbers are probably off the average when I'm sexually fresh, but I was more like 5 3/4" x 5 1/4".

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/386587/the-tmi

I'm a few days late on this, but to chime in on the tablet discussion...

I had an Android phone for a while but switched to an iPhone 4 a few years ago essentially for FaceTime. I was fairly happy with the switch, but it does feel like it runs some apps very very slowly these days...I should probably go up to a 5. I also picked up a used (but essentially new) iPad 2 maybe 1.5 years ago. I've definitely fallen in love with the ease...I find myself using it for 80% of my non-poker computing/electronic entertainment. Battery life is excellent and remoting in to my desktop works fairly well. I haven't used my laptop since early last fall. All of this said, I'd probably never buy an Apple desktop...I value my PC too much. It's actually sometimes a hassle to get things to run on a Mac.

I think my only complaints with regard to my iPad 2 are quibbles. Safari on it hates pages with lots of animated gifs...and sometimes rando-crashes (which means it just closes without an error). Also, switching between apps works pretty well, but I do wish it was a little better at multitasking. I also don't understand the caching system that it uses. When I'm flipping through thumbnails, it'll often show a preview of an app that's a week old. When I visit a forum, it'll pull up the current page, I click and read a thread...then use the back button...and suddenly the thread list is an old version. Can't really figure out why it does this.

• Like 1

They figured out the problem with the A/C, it the ambient temperature sensor. Apparently when they hooked up their code reader or whatever it is the sensor was showing the ambient temp at -40 degrees. So the A/C wouldn't come on as to protect itself from freezing.

The service manager admitted today that the guy that was working on it yesterday is mostly just an A/C maintenance guy (recharges and the like) where the guy that is there today has much more experience with diagnostics and repair. Whatever, as long as it works I'll be happy. Especially since I was told at one time that I needed a new compressor which would have been $1500 plus.

I'm a few days late on this, but to chime in on the tablet discussion...

I had an Android phone for a while but switched to an iPhone 4 a few years ago essentially for FaceTime. I was fairly happy with the switch, but it does feel like it runs some apps very very slowly these days...I should probably go up to a 5. I also picked up a used (but essentially new) iPad 2 maybe 1.5 years ago. I've definitely fallen in love with the ease...I find myself using it for 80% of my non-poker computing/electronic entertainment. Battery life is excellent and remoting in to my desktop works fairly well. I haven't used my laptop since early last fall. All of this said, I'd probably never buy an Apple desktop...I value my PC too much. It's actually sometimes a hassle to get things to run on a Mac.

I think my only complaints with regard to my iPad 2 are quibbles. Safari on it hates pages with lots of animated gifs...and sometimes rando-crashes (which means it just closes without an error). Also, switching between apps works pretty well, but I do wish it was a little better at multitasking. I also don't understand the caching system that it uses. When I'm flipping through thumbnails, it'll often show a preview of an app that's a week old. When I visit a forum, it'll pull up the current page, I click and read a thread...then use the back button...and suddenly the thread list is an old version. Can't really figure out why it does this.

You need to upgrade. The 4s is still pretty fine I understand, but the 4 is pretty sluggish. The 5s is every bit as fast as the iPad Air, but you might as well hold out until the end of the summer when the 6 comes out. There will be screen size options...if nothing else improves that much, that alone is game changing

You need to upgrade. The 4s is still pretty fine I understand, but the 4 is pretty sluggish. The 5s is every bit as fast as the iPad Air, but you might as well hold out until the end of the summer when the 6 comes out. There will be screen size options...if nothing else improves that much, that alone is game changing

I'm with Verizon (and happy about that) and eligible for an upgrade. My wife is with AT&T and not happy about it, so we're going to get her switched over to my plan. She currently has a 5. I'm sort of debating whether to go for a new one for me via my upgrade and switch her to my old one...but that seems mean. I guess her current 5 is just going to be useless though? Would Verizon give us anything if we traded it in?

They figured out the problem with the A/C, it the ambient temperature sensor. Apparently when they hooked up their code reader or whatever it is the sensor was showing the ambient temp at -40 degrees. So the A/C wouldn't come on as to protect itself from freezing.

The service manager admitted today that the guy that was working on it yesterday is mostly just an A/C maintenance guy (recharges and the like) where the guy that is there today has much more experience with diagnostics and repair. Whatever, as long as it works I'll be happy. Especially since I was told at one time that I needed a new compressor which would have been $1500 plus.

I like how the guy who doesn't know how to fix AC is the first line of defense, and when that fails, they bring in their "diagnostics" guy, whose qualification is that he does actually work on AC sometimes, as if House was sent it to solve the big puzzle.

I don't work on my cars, but I have in the past, and literally anyone can. There are books that tell you the steps to methodically diagnose problems in specific cars. But to a mechanic, "methodically" is just an SAT word for faggots, and it's replaced with "sloppily, while blaming things on Obama." So all that "experience" really ends up coming into play.

I remember my partner's battery kept dying years ago, and they replaced her alternator, the battery, and did something else, and it just kept dying. I looked on the internet or in a Cilton's manual or something, and it took me like 20 minutes to find the problem. And I literally don't know how to change the oil in any of my cars. This is not intellectually taxing work these dropouts do, and they still lack the mental tools to do it.

• Like 2

I'm with Verizon (and happy about that) and eligible for an upgrade. My wife is with AT&T and not happy about it, so we're going to get her switched over to my plan. She currently has a 5. I'm sort of debating whether to go for a new one for me via my upgrade and switch her to my old one...but that seems mean. I guess her current 5 is just going to be useless though? Would Verizon give us anything if we traded it in?

The 5 is still a nice phone that they sell new for hundreds of dollars, so someone would pay you for it.

Also, not sure what plan you are on, but I suggest going contractless. They'll charge you like $650 for the phone, but in total you'll end up saving a couple hundred per person.

The 5 is still a nice phone that they sell new for hundreds of dollars, so someone would pay you for it.

Also, not sure what plan you are on, but I suggest going contractless. They'll charge you like $650 for the phone, but in total you'll end up saving a couple hundred per person.

agree with this. straight talk is $50/mo for unlimited everything. which means don't use a bunch of data (10gb+/mo, maybe?) or they'll cancel your contract. we've been through this before, I won't pester on the topic.

• Like 1

I buy all my phones with Virgin Mobile. It's expensive up front, but my excel spreadsheet showed I would still save about 700 over a 2 year period. I have an iphone currently.

I have the $30/month plan. (It's actually 35, but you get another 5 bucks off if you set up autopay) I get 300 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data. I went over my minutes this month, but that's so rare, that I'm not upgrading to the $40 plan for 1200 minutes.

EDIT: I just checked and for whatever reason they have given my minutes a bump to 481 even though I still only pay 30/month. I'll take it.

• Like 1