I Called In Sick Today

Teaching your kids not to swear is stupid and futile,all your teaching your kid to be is dishonest and duplicitous. shoving cleaning product into their mouth is disgusting parenting.

• Like 2
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

if this was sklansky saying this my come back would be along the lines of: and then starting again in my 20s to the present.

I don't get spanked, yet. They are very into being spanked, but never tried returning the favor. All in due time, I'm sure.

Where does the psychological community stand on beating kids? Those kinds of studies are imperfect, but it can't be a worse model than arbitrarily deciding that kids need a beating, or anecdotally observing that some hippie has bad kids. It was always my understanding that it was thought to highly correlate with future violent behavior from the kids, as well as negatively effecting nonviolent conflict resolution and reasoning skills. I remember in a sociology class, the professor brought up a study of (Aryan) Germans who opposed the nazi regime, and how almost all of them came from non-violent homes that believed in reasoning and talking out solutions rather than beating. But this might be out of date and is certainly not thorough.

Personally, I would rather my kid play for Florida State than function highly, and I certainly wouldn't want them getting involved in someone else's fight just because they accidentally developed a brainwashing-resistant approach to reason. I plan to follow the path laid out in To Train Up a Child.

Too much psychology begins with the premise of equality.

Less intelligent children need to be beaten as most of their actions and reactions are driven by hindbrain impulse.

Intelligent children are receptive to reason as they have a forebrain capable of processing it.

Parents usually beget offspring cognitively similar to themselves and their siblings, however genetic exceptions will obviously occur and the rigid implementation of one idealogy or the other (NEVER SPANK! or SPANK, ALWAYS!) will wind up geting misapplied, either the intelligent family futilly trying to reason with their stupid child incapable of it or or the stupid family needlessly beating the intelligent child who could've learned by being told.

• Like 1

This color coded map can act as an easy guideline range to determine what persons require what type of discipline.

Children from the purple regions may be reasoned with.

Red regions must be beaten.

Yellow must be beaten to the point of some sort of visible physical injury before they understand what

you're trying to communicate.

EuyyEGE.jpg

• Like 2

so I got an offer on the job I interviewed for last week. and as pissed off as I was at my current company earlier in the week (and still am, really), I'm don't think I want to accept it.

it's not for as much as I thought it would be for, first off. still about 12k more a year than I'm making now, maybe around 15/20 with overtime, but when I do a side to side comparison, I don't know if what I'm giving up (both at my current company, and other possible opportunities that would be better) is less than the bump in pay.

here's the thing, right now I work inside, m-f, mostly 8-4:30 (and overtime if over), 25 days of vacation, the ability to work from home whenever (plus no questions asked if I need a day off), and there's hot chicks there (this is more important than most people realize). this new place would be outside a lot, and even the inside is hot and dirty as fuck. they haven't said how much vacation yet but during the interview, the guy that would be my boss said something about he never gets to take a vacation. the hours are from 6 am to 5 pm, and that's not including the hour drive to get there and hour drive to get home. plus it's in the middle of fucking nowhere. there is literally nothing other than woods, houses, and 1 gas station for 15 miles, so never any going out to lunch (or getting lunch, or breakfast for that matter, in the cafeteria, like I can do now), no going out for drinks after work, no getting a few errands ran during lunch. did I mention it's also pretty freaking dangerous? lots of heavy machinery and huge saw blades, plus during the interview we had to climb up (on steps, but still) this pretty tall scaffolding thing. I was about to piss myself. don't like heights.

and while I don't see a lot of hope in moving up too well in my current company, I gotta figure that something better would be available sometime soon right? something in-between full time office work and full time lumberjack that would pay enough to not hate myself. just because I'm pissed off at my current job doesn't mean I have to take the first thing that comes up. I did that once before and hated my life for 3 years because of how miserable I was in that job.

I don't know. the thought crossed my mind to talk to my current bosses and use this offer as leverage, but I've heard of people doing that at my company before and the phrase "don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out" is a pretty good descriptor. I've got a shit ton of leverage with them right now but they don't take looking outside the company very lightly. if I was more interested in the new place, maybe I'd be bolder, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

oh well, still good news though. gotta figure this offer is like a slump buster for me. but just as with the fatty you take home from the bar, you don't want to marry her, you just use her to get the confidence to bag the cute girl that won't make you wear a condom.

• Like 3

12k a year isn't nearly enough to offset the other factors you mentioned. Definitely keep looking though.

12k a year isn't nearly enough to offset the other factors you mentioned. Definitely keep looking though.

Spending all that time outdoors presumably means he can make his wardrobe primarily shit from Marks Work Wearhouse instead of tailored shirts from Brooks Brothers, so really it's more like a 100k raise.

• Like 3

I ask about the potential only because there are few companies with a wider reach for financially-minded people than koch. they have sort of made a business out of abusing the advantages of being privately held in doing M&As. so I have heard. they were heavily involved in KU business.

As we've talked about before, I was probably on the abused side for a while, welts on my ass after a belt on bare ass whipping, backhands across the face, etc. yet, I'm still for a kid getting smacked. On the other hand, did it really help? I dont know. I guess what it did make me realize is that there are consequences for actions. So thats something. But there are plenty of ways to show that, I suppose

Um yeah. It's not your fault, Mexico.

I've never left a bruise on a kid and never spanked a kid when I'm angry. Never hit anyone anywhere other than butt after a talk and hug.

What's the tipping point for salary and diminishing joy?

You want to make as much as you can, but don't want to make so much that you're on the front line of shitattacks...

I think $70-80 might be my price. This is after good food (salad with pistachios and grapefruit, baby octopus with white beans, and potato gnocchi with oxtail, and wine). New job: small to mid size, getting things done, $70-80, in a decent sized city. Perfect!

Yes. But I certainly wouldn't describe it as hit, in much the same way that most proponents of abortion wouldn't call it murdering an infant.

I talk to them about what they did wrong, how it affects the family, and how I forgive them, but there are still consequences for our actions. Quick hug. Spank. Long hug. Apology. Fin.

Like I said though, I've maybe dished out 1 spank in the last year or two. The younger ones learned quickly from hearing the older ones get spanked.

I don't understand the question.

Spankings are used as a disciplining tool for disobedient/mean/hurtful children. This "tool" works to alter the behavior of the child, because said child doesn't want the consequence of a sore bottom the next time.

Getting angry with, screaming at, cussing at, punching in the face, or welting up your child's butt or back is physically and/or emotionally abusive, and will harm the child long-term. I want to avoid that.

But if you console the child prior to the spanking what are you accomplishing?

Suzy, you know you shouldn't have drank the apple juice. Give me a hug. I love you. WHAK!

I don't get it .

• Like 3

would it add something valuable to your resume?

yeah that was another thing, not really. there is the whole koch thing, which I haven't done a lot of research into as far as their other companies, but the job itself is moving away from my "career path" that I've been on for the past few years and I think it would make it much more difficult for me to break back into it if I wanted to leave in 3 years. there's the possibility it could help with 1 very specific position at 2 companies in the area, but with the "job hopping," staying in my current position (and hopefully advancing somewhat) would be just as good probably. and it would definitely hurt me if I wanted to get back into finance of some sort I'd have to imagine.

edit: hmm... just did a little looking into the other koch companies and they do have some interesting stuff there, petroleum, chemicals, pipelining, ag stuff, natrual gas... though there's no telling about any increased opportunity to transfer between companies, especially from the site I'd be at. we wouldn't exactly be invited to seminars in atlanta. I kinda doubt there'd be much of an advantage to be internal there.

Spending all that time outdoors presumably means he can make his wardrobe primarily shit from Marks Work Wearhouse instead of tailored shirts from Brooks Brothers, so really it's more like a 100k raise.

this isn't an invalid point... everybody there wore the company t-shirt because it was blaze orange and if you didn't wear it you had to wear a vest everywhere (and get the clothes you're wearing dirty as shit). man I don't know if I could handle not flossing like yeezus on the regular. just isn't me.

Don't worry, Shake. Kanye's new A.P.C. fall line is nothing but blaze orange and safety green tunics and leather cargo pants. Get a pair of his new Adidas workboots and people will think you're Yeezy himself.

But if you console the child prior to the spanking what are you accomplishing?

Suzy, you know you shouldn't have drank the apple juice. Give me a hug. I love you. WHAK!

I don't get it .

Then apologizing afterwards? I don't get it either.

Also, I chuckle to myself whenever the spanking issue comes up and some show their obvious bias right off the bat by using the words "hit" or "beat". I'm never quite sure if they just don't get the difference between a spanking and hitting or beating or if their experience with it as a kid was more of a beating than a spanking.

I have never hit my or any other kids with my fist, beat them with a belt or switch, or done anything other than smacking their butts with my open hand. And never to the point of leaving bruises. And still managed to change their behavior, which is the point.

I'm confused.

Frau, are you talking about salary or a meal?

I want my next job to pay $70-80k.

I decided this last night at an excellent dinner with a good friend. I think more than $80k (in nonprofit at least) starts to bring diminishing returns, when viewed in the salary to workplace misery to personal life/self loathing equations.