Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

i did not pull the oldest (and therefore the coldest, fifo) dr. pepper from the fridge and this is an abomination. blech.

look at it this way. this razor is paying a $15 dividend every month. it cost me $20. if you have a better investment, I'd like to hear about it.

I know of a great investment - a $15 haircut.

• Like 1

I'm probably going to get docked a few percent on my annual review over this haircut. that would be unfortunate.

so your great investment has some hidden fees? typical wahl street.

• Like 2

the thing about a good haircut is it can make your penis look bigger.

i presume you know this from looking at the other dudes at the gym.

meat gazer.

Turns out my interview on Monday is a "panel" interview. Two of them to be exact. One at 3pm and the second at 4pm. I only have an educated guess on who will be on the panels, though I don't know for sure how many will be on each.

I imagine it will include the Senior Director I would work for, the other Senior Director (the one with the Wisconsin opening) and the VP. The VP hired me back when he was still a regional so that's good for me and my Senior Director, who would be over me in MS, likes me. I've only met the other Senior Director once when I was in Chicago for that training thing a couple of months ago but I kind of knew it might be beneficial to get on his good side so I made a point of chatting him up and hanging out with him while I was there.

Beyond those three I don't know. Maybe (probably) someone from HR and/or the head of recruiting. And, my boss hasn't heard a word about what the interviews will entail so I don't know how best to prepare. And, all of this will be after being up since 2 am PT so there's now way I'm on top of my game mentally by 3pm CT.

Not feeling very confident at the moment. I just found out yesterday that our Senior DO will be out here the week after...presumably to either offer me the job or tell me how bad I mucked up my chances.

Good times!

maybe he's just going out there to congratulate you and tell you that since either market you're going to has a much lower cost of living, they're going to go ahead and adjust your salary down now since you're a shoe in.

• Like 1

see it's that kind of outside the box thinking that's going make me a great ceo someday.

suck it losers.

There is no "either". It's MS or I'm staying put. And only then if my salary negotiator/lawyer SA gets me what I'm worth.

So you're saying that shakes bosses are outside the box thinkers? Here we just thought they were cheap bastards.

You're right. You're a perfect candidate for CEO.

I cut my own hair about 2/3 of the time. Have some good clippers and just trim it down short. Saves the $20 (are you guys not tipping?) and travel time/fees. I will say it's a bit trickier with only one mirror though.

When I want anything beyond that, I generally go with a hair stylist friend of mine. Had her actually come to my house a couple of times. Since I moved out into the boonies, that'll no longer be as feasible. I think my last professional haircut was in late December before my wedding. I think I've personally cut it once since then with a couple of trims. It is getting long, and I keep saying I want to cut it really short but my wife keeps insisting that I "have nice hair". I think she's sensitive since her dad, brother, and brother-in-law are at various stages of baldness. I told her I'd cut it when we find out the baby's gender. What I haven't mentioned is that I will also be dying it blue or pink.

just look back at the Winner conditions. do they include retiring penniless at 65? no, it's all in accumulating/gaining access to Winner coupons. Ron did it one way, I'm doing it another.

Yeah, it's insane how I lived like a tech millionaire, getting those $13 haircuts and lewving a $5 tip these last 15 years. Straight ballin. I did it every 2 or 3 months, like a man without a care in the world.

Based on your hair cutting skills and your twitter profile pic, I'm guessing this haircut thing won't be an issue much longer.

Saves the $20 (are you guys not tipping?)

yeah. I didn't shop much, I just saw that full price was $20 when I first got my hair cut here, decided that that was frivolous for the kind of haircut I get. I understand that some people keep more than 1/8th of an inch of hair, and that would make it fairly necessary to have a real stylist.

see, the first time I did it, I hadn't thought of the "rotate the razor 180 degrees for a closer cut" technique. so I was just having a grand old time shaving away, then I pulled out a mirror and was like, "oh, whoops." I thought about taking it all down completely to the scalp, decided I was tired of messing with it. next time it'll be perfect.

I'm a huge proponent of this post. Keep at it Strat. It will be perfect soon, and then you'll be saving thousands of dollars over your lifetime. (Assuming you'll have kids)