I Called In Sick Today

"You will take this shit sandwich and eat it with a smile on your face like a good soldier!"

All of this is such bullshit. Rules my ass. They just figure why pay someone more to do this job if we don't have to? The job market is still such a sellers market that companies can get away with this. When/if that turns around these same companies will be screwed because the first to leave are always the best performers.

know the hilarious thing? we've literally JUST had this happen: about half of the people in the position I'm talking about, half in the entire company have just put in their notice. like within the past 3 weeks. and they complain but shit if they'll change any "rules" because of it.

and I hope bc gets the job and celebrates by giving napa the p and in the process napa ripps her vagina and she'll always have a scar to remember him by. that got weird quick.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I only have room in my life for one religious non-drinking person and that's you Brvy.

Not to mention I wouldn't call long islands or White Russians girly drinks. Plus, I don't feel like your actively judging me for getting drunk quite often. Nothing but love from the Big Man.

:( I'm not intending to imply that I'm judging you.

You can ask the guys that I generally stay with in Vegas...I'm not judgmental like that.

I'm sorry, Colby. I take it back. I'm in no position to be turning down friends. I'm sure we'd get along famously because I tend to just mimic whoever I'm hanging out with and since most people like themselves they end up liking me.

• Like 2

Shake, have you ever considered burning your house down for the insurance money and then movin somewhere else?

Have Beans do it when youre at the beach camping on a long weekend. Make sure you go into several stores that have surveillance cameras all weekend.

had an interview with the department where my former co-worker recommended me to the boss. he liked me, could tell I was ambitious and intelligent, wasn't sure i'd be a good fit due having a bit of extended learning curve since i don't have some of the skill sets their looking for but is going to talk to another manager about maybe getting me on their team to train up.

probably won't do it as the other gig is 100% phone support and I have no interest in that. however, a reaction to that was for my director to pull me in to her office and ask why i was looking after being promoted just 6 months ago. so i told her how her offer was a lowball and we both knew it. that if i had countered it would've been flat out rejected so i took it. better to negotiate the salary for my next gig. maybe one that'll pay me close to what the job is worth. she starts going on about how valuable my knowledge is to the team, how big of a gap there would be if i left etc. and mentioned performance based org.

so i'm curious what my annual review is going to look like in the next few weeks....

sorry shake.

they changed course and allowed us new guys the potential for prorated raises. I'm capped at under 10%, but it's better than nothing. I didn't say anything, my friends just sorta went over my boss's head to the CEO and gave their take on why it was unfair.

oh, and I cut my hair tonight and completely botched the neck. way too far up. it's ok, it'll be fixed in like a week.

WWJD? Commit insurance fraud, obv.

Some people are religous, some just go to church.

• Like 1

Oh thank god

Re: the hair.

Congrats on potential raise

see, the first time I did it, I hadn't thought of the "rotate the razor 180 degrees for a closer cut" technique. so I was just having a grand old time shaving away, then I pulled out a mirror and was like, "oh, whoops." I thought about taking it all down completely to the scalp, decided I was tired of messing with it. next time it'll be perfect.

• Like 1

self respect pays a whole lot more buddy.

i'm...I don't even...what is this even called? it's not a "glass house" scenario...aha! Physician heal thyself. that's it.

• Like 1