I Called In Sick Today

I'd say my favorite type of alcohol is rum...typically the sweeter varieties. I don't much like gin or tequila. Whiskey's fine - Drambuie is actually my single favorite liquor. For shots, I like kamikazes and pineapple upside down shots. In the beer realm, I pretty much hate Guinness.

So, you're a woman?

a stand to make beer can chicken.

So, a beer can?

Just laugh at how pathetic she is while you dine on the finest raffled cheeses and meats in all of Iowa.

So, fixed that for you?

• Like 2
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Tilty gets it. She even complains on fb from time to time about how her husband never helps out and is ungrateful. Bitch maybe you shouldn't have married the dude who barely graduated high school. The worst is all the "likes" and comments below it from girls in the same situation. Ughh. They're the worst. I'm the worst. Everyone sucks.

I have a few girls in the same age bracket that complain all the time about their boyfriends/husbands...including a niece and sister in law. When they're with the guy of the month they post pictures of them being all lovey-dovey and post those FB pictures of how wonderful your life is when you meet "the one". Then he cheats on her/she cheats on him and they post sayings of wanting a REAL man, not a boy, you get what's coming to you, I deserve better, you should be chasing me...you know the crap that's on there. Then a few weeks later they get back together with that dickhead or find a new POS what wears his snap back hat sideways and his pants below his ass and the lovey-dovey saying begin again.

Rinse and repeat every couple of months. It makes me what to punch them all in the throat.

i think you should see if she's lonely while truckerhubby is on a long haul then stick it in her pooper.

Finally someone in this thread besides dutch, is thinking like a winner.

• Like 1

I have a few girls in the same age bracket that complain all the time about their boyfriends/husbands...including a niece and sister in law. When they're with the guy of the month they post pictures of them being all lovey-dovey and post those FB pictures of how wonderful your life is when you meet "the one". Then he cheats on her/she cheats on him and they post sayings of wanting a REAL man, not a boy, you get what's coming to you, I deserve better, you should be chasing me...you know the crap that's on there. Then a few weeks later they get back together with that dickhead or find a new POS what wears his snap back hat sideways and his pants below his ass and the lovey-dovey saying begin again.

Rinse and repeat every couple of months. It makes me what to punch them all in the throat.

You don't know what he is like when they are alone together.

• Like 1

Strat what's that one album you said you thought was the best of 2014 so far? I thought I took a screenshot of it but I didn't and now it's to far back.

I'll suggest the new Sturgill Simpson album if you haven't heard it already.

hey remember when I said my boss mentioned something about a possible promotion last week right after my other interview? well turns out it was only half right: I get all the added resposibility of the higher level job, just not the title or raise. so yay. but hey, she did tell me how good that would look on my internal review!

• Like 1

but really, it was awkward. we were in the middle of the floor with people walking by and listening, and she made sure to preempt any rebuttles from me with all kinds of excuses: I can't move from my level to the position I want's level because it skips a level, I have to prove I can manage a project this size (ignoring every project I've done for the past 4 years of equal size), it really wouldn't take me all that much effort (it will), etc etc etc. not much more I could do other than get in an argument with a leader in the middle of the floor which would only end up making my life here miserable. don't know what else to do.

Schedule a meeting with her in private to discuss it? What's the worst that's going to happen? You lose your $40k/yr job and you have to move to a real city (you piece of shit)?

• Like 2

there would be no possibility of a positive outcome from that but a near guarantee of a negative one. she's not going to change her mind on it, and I'm not going to be able to convince her I'm right, but it most likely would piss her off. no it definitely would. and considering I can barely even get an interview anywhere else (and none from any apps I've put in in real cities), that's not a great backup plan.

but really, it was awkward. we were in the middle of the floor with people walking by and listening, and she made sure to preempt any rebuttles from me with all kinds of excuses: I can't move from my level to the position I want's level because it skips a level, I have to prove I can manage a project this size (ignoring every project I've done for the past 4 years of equal size), it really wouldn't take me all that much effort (it will), etc etc etc. not much more I could do other than get in an argument with a leader in the middle of the floor which would only end up making my life here miserable. don't know what else to do.

You could demand trial by combat, that seems to be working out well for people.

• Like 3

hey remember when I said my boss mentioned something about a possible promotion last week right after my other interview? well turns out it was only half right: I get all the added resposibility of the higher level job, just not the title or raise. so yay. but hey, she did tell me how good that would look on my internal review!

So a 3% raise instead of 2.5% this year? BOOK THE CRUISE BABY!

From everything you've written about them, your company is one of the worst out there with how they treat employees.

Obviously they don't think you have any other options, or don't care. And, since you don't put up any fight when they screw you over, why would they not continue to do so.

I get that you don't want to/can't make too many waves without a back up plan but I would make it my lifes work to find a new job if I were you.

Sorry shake. It sucks to not be appreciated and then taken advantage of on top of that. Just keep getting the paycheck and looking to move out. All you can do really.

Take pleasure in the little things like chatting online with your best friends.

Dutch, anybody else, can you explain this to me?

Isaac Haxton@ikepoker 21m

I'm selling action for One Drop at 1.09 markup (1% = $10,900). Minimum share 1%. Have ~25% left to get rid of. Sorry for the spam.

When selling their own action, the .09% markup means that the player makes money just off of this, regardless of whether or not he cashes? So he stands to make $22,500 ( on the 25% he's offering here? ($900 x 25(%))?

How is this good for the buyer?

Yes, he makes money in the sense that he has to pay less to enter. It's a good deal if you think his EV in the tournament makes up for the premium paid. I think, typically, it's around a 1.2 markup.

• Like 1

I probably know less about tournament culture than most of this thread, and have no idea what a typical ROI is for a guy like him. It's probably +EV, though, ignoring opportunity cost. He's been stacking paper in the toughest tourneys in the world since forever, I'm sure he can thrash this field.

Thanks Napa. Dutch I figured you were the biggest degenerate here so you would probably know.

Just interesting to me that you'd have to pay a 9% premium to get a piece of him. I know he's been doing well but the WSOP brings many/most of the best to town plus you get a whole shit ton of people with money taking a shot. I'd rater take the field than pay 9% juice to put my money on one guy.

All that said I don't follow tournament results all that much anymore so probably I'm a moron and this makes perfect financial sense.

Tilt, most guys sell from 1.2 to 1.3 markup for normal events. The one drop is so weird, that many are selling at even money.

Now say a guys sells 50% a 10K package at 1.2 that means that he is getting 6K of his buy in from others and he is putting 4K in of his own. But if he profits, he pays out 50% of his profits to the people who bought a piece.

• Like 2

It brings the best players to town because it brings everyone else to town. There is probably a daily $100 tournament on PS that plays tougher than literally every event in the WSOP.

I don't know what tournament ROIs look like for players of any caliber, though, so even though he is good and this tournament features "Anonymous Asian Businessmen," I can't really add more. Just that I think he is probably much better than you realize and that these fields are thought to be much softer than typical.

• Like 1