I Called In Sick Today

Friends bday party, went to dinner. Then went to a German place and had 3 huge boots of beer. Wife drove home. That's all ai got.

Golfed solidly from hole 10 through 18 today. Probably woulda broke a hundo if ai played good from 1-8.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Why does brvy say there's nothing frau could do to make him not love her in one post then call her an adulteress in another?

And obviously she could have bagged a CA hottie if she wanted to. THAT'S WHY I ASKED THE FREAKING QUESTION YOU ASSHAT.

Doesn't that logically prove that my first statement was correct?

Hint: yes it does.

I'm not that into BJs, to be honest. If I had to choose between never having another BJ and never having a partner put on a uniform and play out a complicated sports humiliation fantasy, I'm saying lace 'em up Gordie, you're going' in.

• Like 3

I was raised essentially Southern Baptist, so I'm actually a little queered out learning that Co drinks.

I wouldn't say it's often. My parents would let me taste a margarita and champagne occasionally growing up, but I didn't actually have a beer until I turned 21. I had one with a sandwich at lunch. I don't think I even went out that night. The first shot I recall having, I went to a bar with a friend. He ordered us each a shot of Bacardi 151. One of those was fine by me, so I generally kept a bottle of it around following that. It was a while before I realized that people don't generally just take shots of it. I once showed up late at a bar that my brother and his friends were hanging out. They volunteered me to buy the round since I was the last one there. I ordered a round of 151. After that, they no longer volunteered me.

I'd say my favorite type of alcohol is rum...typically the sweeter varieties. I don't much like gin or tequila. Whiskey's fine - Drambuie is actually my single favorite liquor. For shots, I like kamikazes and pineapple upside down shots. In the beer realm, I like Shock Top and Corona and pretty much hate Guinness.

All of this said, I've never actually been drunk and the idea doesn't appeal to me. A little tipsy's fine, but I don't get why anyone would want to potentially vomit from alcohol.

As for frequency these days, I probably average a couple of beers per month. When I go to a concert or to see the Braves play the Marlins, I typically have one. (Going to the game tomorrow actually.) Just doesn't come up much really - my wife has a couple of margaritas per year, and a lot of my friends around here don't drink.

Oh yeah. Don't get me wrong. While I agree with some of Calvin's basic theology, he was still definitely a sinner who lived in the dark ages and all that came with it.

Every now and then I still get unreasonably pissed about his role in Michael Servetus' death. I mean, sure he was incorrect about some stuff, but just love him anyway. Don't have him burned alive. That's a dick move right there.

I think it's a little more than dickish to torture and maim and kill people you disagree with. Actually that's one of the basics of moral behavior. In fairness, the guy was probably a paranoid Schitz with power and back then people assumed it was something else.

It's like making a cult leader the ruler of your town with unabated power. Never a good idea.

You're definitely the person who speaks with the Voice of God.

I've never with a married guy, except for the guy I married. I've never been close to doing that, or having an emotional affair, or hot for some married guy I think about while kissing my pillow. When I was married, I did not have eyes for any other.

The Chicago guy is twice divorced (mine is more recent), and while we were in touch off and on as old friends over the years, I didn't start any flirting until after the divorce was well under way. I did not go on any dates until after the divorce was finalized--that was thirteen months from the day we split. He's not even a little bit gay or bi. That kid is straight.

Why don't I date more? I think I'm in the terrible place where it might be easier to be alone, my fear and anxiety is starting to calcify. If you think of me like a baseball game, I think I am great in middle relief. Once I get to know someone I'm fine--it's the beginning innings where I flub the easy pitches.

The most endearing thing about women to me is self-sufficiency and the ability to be happy with themselves. Throw in the added keen sense of humor and you have the whole package. If I was 30 years younger, taller and hotter and wealthy and smarter I'd totally hit you you.

Doesn't that logically prove that my first statement was correct?

Hint: yes it does.

Generally speaking the last thing I think about with any of your statements is logic.

So, no.

I had no doubt that Frau was/is an honorable woman that wouldn't sleep with a married guy. She comes across to me as someone fiercely loyal who wouldn't think of moving in on another woman's guy.

I don't know if Rando was speaking of women on the whole or specific women with the traits he mentioned as being endearing. I took it as the former. Which would be wildly wrong in my experience.

I know this is totally hypocritical of me to complain about but somebody I went to HS with and has two kids (married, her husband is a trucker, she cuts hair) posted on facebook about how she was feeling jealous of everybody posting pictures from their weekends out and trips etc but then realized she actually felt bad for us because we don't know the love of a child.

Give me a fvckin' break. Brv I hate sanctimonious parents.

Also, Cobalt, you should totally get drunk and then decide if it appeals to you because being drunk is awesome.

They had a meat raffle at the anniversary party last night, which is bascially exactly what it sounds like. You buy tickets and then put them in various boxes for the different prizes. There was like twelve different ones. I bought $20 of tickets and ended up winning three of the prizes. A rack of ribs, a package of sirloins and turkey tenderloins, and then a little basket of a few different bbq sauces, some sauce brushes, and a stand to make beer can chicken. Made out like a bandit.

I know this is totally hypocritical of me to complain about but somebody I went to HS with and has two kids (married, her husband is a trucker, she cuts hair) posted on facebook about how she was feeling jealous of everybody posting pictures from their weekends out and trips etc but then realized she actually felt bad for us because we don't know the love of a child.

It would have taken every ounce of energy I had not to lay into that cunty, twatty, presumably fat, bag of dicks of a woman.

She's 25ish, bogged down by 2 little kids, mostly by herself while her trucker husband is on the road banging truck stop skanks, and wondering how they're going to pay the rent AND buy groceries every month. The only thing that keeps her from slitting her wrists is making herself believe that the love of her children is somehow better at that age than traveling, partying and being able to sleep in on the weekends.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say it's often. My parents would let me taste a margarita and champagne occasionally growing up, but I didn't actually have a beer until I turned 21. I had one with a sandwich at lunch. I don't think I even went out that night. The first shot I recall having, I went to a bar with a friend. He ordered us each a shot of Bacardi 151. One of those was fine by me, so I generally kept a bottle of it around following that. It was a while before I realized that people don't generally just take shots of it. I once showed up late at a bar that my brother and his friends were hanging out. They volunteered me to buy the round since I was the last one there. I ordered a round of 151. After that, they no longer volunteered me.

I'd say my favorite type of alcohol is rum...typically the sweeter varieties. I don't much like gin or tequila. Whiskey's fine - Drambuie is actually my single favorite liquor. For shots, I like kamikazes and pineapple upside down shots. In the beer realm, I like Shock Top and Corona and pretty much hate Guinness.

All of this said, I've never actually been drunk and the idea doesn't appeal to me. A little tipsy's fine, but I don't get why anyone would want to potentially vomit from alcohol.

As for frequency these days, I probably average a couple of beers per month. When I go to a concert or to see the Braves play the Marlins, I typically have one. (Going to the game tomorrow actually.) Just doesn't come up much really - my wife has a couple of margaritas per year, and a lot of my friends around here don't drink.

(Just for the record, I wasn't trying to be judgmental or trying to point out some kind of hypocrisy or something, I just didn't realize how weird my church was until adulthood, legitimately still forget most Christians don't have a problem with reasonable amounts of booze, and was shitting around. I don't think you took it that way, but you never know.)

I'm not that big on getting drunk, and in my old age appreciate a single whiskey or a couple beers much more often than getting shitfaced, but it certainly has its place. It's more fun/ than weed or something, particularly for social situations. It's harder to dial in a perfect level of being drunk without getting more drunk than is pleasant or fun (you really almost can't mess that up smoking, once you've been doing it), but honestly, throwing up drunk is not that big a deal. You are drunk, so its not that shitty anyway, and you'll feel way better if you do than if you don't, given similar amounts of drinking. I'll probably get drunk a few times a month, max, but even when I go hard, I almost never puke, and have been hung over no more than 3 or 4 times in my entire life. YMMV.

Tilty gets it. She even complains on fb from time to time about how her husband never helps out and is ungrateful. Bitch maybe you shouldn't have married the dude who barely graduated high school. The worst is all the "likes" and comments below it from girls in the same situation. Ughh. They're the worst. I'm the worst. Everyone sucks.

Also, Cobalt, you should totally get drunk and then decide if it appeals to you because being drunk is awesome.

They had a meat raffle at the anniversary party last night, which is bascially exactly what it sounds like. You buy tickets and then put them in various boxes for the different prizes. There was like twelve different ones. I bought $20 of tickets and ended up winning three of the prizes. A rack of ribs, a package of sirloins and turkey tenderloins, and then a little basket of a few different bbq sauces, some sauce brushes, and a stand to make beer can chicken. Made out like a bandit.

Just respond by posting pictures of things you can buy with all your childless disposable income. Like health insurance and fresh vegetables.

• Like 5

i think you should see if she's lonely while truckerhubby is on a long haul then stick it in her pooper.

• Like 2