• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Every Friday two people in the department are responsible for bringing in some sort of food.

I, of course, being a lover of food and judging people keep track of and rate what everybody brings. Today's the biggest spread between the two contributors. One person gets a 1 for bringing a single container of shitty donut holes and the other gets a 10 for some homemade breakfast casserole thing. Exciting stuff. Well done new lady.

What do you bring? I feel you're more of a shitty donut hole bringer rather than a homemade food bringer. Let us know when it's your turn. We'll make you the new champ

I usually bring a nice veggies/dip tray for the healthy folk, some chips and dip for an afternoon snack and then a box of glazed donuts from the local donut place for the breakfast. Occasional I'll make this pickle/corn beef/ cream cheese dip or bars but I'm usually to lazy to actually make something. My partner usually brings like a bag of Oreos or some other shitty cookie.

My next hosting is in three weeks.

second choice.

raisin bran came to mind first but i immediately thought "raisins? what are these people pharaohs?" raisin bran - raisins = total.

• Like 1

i need to demonstrate that kind of thinking more often. i think it would really impress the job creator at my company.

• Like 1

Good luck Tilty. My initial diagnosis was endometriosis. Glad it was was kidney stones.

Thanks. I was glad it was "only" kidney stones too. She's pretty doped up and nauseous from the narcotics they gave her but sleeping now. I am getting ready for work.

Oh yeah, they sent her home with a script for norco. Kind of hoping she doesn't need them all...

I can still be swayed but I think I disagree with frau on the sexing of BC topic. I get her point on one hand but I can't help but feel like Napster needs to get it in her at least once. And then finish before she gets there, immediately get up, get dressed, give her the old "peace out!" and never speak to her again.

We all like to believe in "happily ever after" stories, but Tilt, our Napa is not the guy described above.

my first celebchef idol

Julia Child, the Frugal Gourmet, and then Sarah Moulton

Frau, I have watched and liked Veep since day 1. I forget what WILF is though.

Widow I'd Like to ****--said at a funeral to the recently bereaved, trying to shore up a vote.

• Like 1

Sort of. Raised Presbyterian...realized I didn't like the fatalism and trended Baptist...eventually came back around a little but still don't like Calvin.

And this reminds me that I want to shamelessly plug this short film that I was in. (Got screened on Wednesday at a classy movie theater...kind of surreal experience seeing oneself on a big screen.)

How long ago was that filmed? It looked pretty good.

First off, have a fun weekend. Second, I'm definitely a Calvinist. That's a weird thing for a non-religious person to mention though. What was the significance in this case?

I'm religious, I'm Unitarian and go to church about once a month or two.

I mentioned Calvinism specifically because it seems that ideology of heaven/hell is so exact. How many people will get to heaven? There's a hard number for that. I kind of assumed that the concept of heaven would be as exact, and your people would be the best to make sure there is a champagne room for the philanthropic angels here on earth.

Oldest came in and woke us up at 2am crying from lower back pain. Got up and shook the cobwebs out and came to realization that this wasn't just an over dramatization so I took her to the ER. Kidney stones. "Only" took 3 hours in and out but not worth going back to bed before I have to be up for work anyway so I'm mainlining coffee. Going to be a fun day.

Kidney stones are terrible, mostly because there's not a lot anyone can do. I think they pat you on your back, tell you the pain is intense and scary, good luck, and send you on your way.

Every Friday two people in the department are responsible for bringing in some sort of food.

I, of course, being a lover of food and judging people keep track of and rate what everybody brings. Today's the biggest spread between the two contributors. One person gets a 1 for bringing a single container of shitty donut holes and the other gets a 10 for some homemade breakfast casserole thing. Exciting stuff. Well done new lady.

Office culture is interesting--you can totally be crappy at your job, but if you make an effort and splash out on these types of things, your co-workers will love you. If you go out of your way to go to the fancy bakery, buy the cream top milk, get the artisan cheeses, you're golden.

Instead of worrying about women on the internet, you should worry about keeping the new lady's performance at its current level. Yes, praise and gratitude go a long way, but if she sees mediocre effort after mediocre effort (Oreos?!) she's going to lower her game.

they are planning on not giving me or the other new guy a raise. they specifically told me in the interview that I would get a raise up to the level I was getting at my old company, so I did not push back on the offer letter.

stay tuned.

I'm religious, I'm Unitarian and go to church about once a month or two.

I bet brv is praying like crazy for forgiveness for the boner he got from reading this post

• Like 1

I turned on Fast and Furious 6 just for 3 minutes to see how awful it was. It didn't let me down. The Rock was driving in a parking garage, had person grab the wheel, jumped out and sailed one floor to land on a car. Wow. Awful