I Called In Sick Today

things are getting better by the day. we'll be fine, just need persistence and practice.

this job is pretty much just spending a ton of time putting stuff together for people that don't seriously want to do what it takes to make their situation work. knowing the whole picture--how badly I'm doing compared to this moron--is extremely frustrating for me.

the thing I keep coming back to is pretty much: it's not a coincidence, hiring me has a huge positive impact. that's what this upcoming review will say, that's what the last one said, etc. I just need to find someone with the right need and to kill the interview. then I can someday be the moron with household AGI of $200k, wondering where the extra $100k went.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

it's hard to go into detail because he knows I post here. he's a horrible trainer and assumes I know too much. acts like a borderline douche when I don't know something he thinks I should. normally I would say, "sure, but that's a short-term thing," but we'll be working together pretty closely for the next several years.

he's a good friend, don't get me wrong.

The odd thing about this to me is that, if I were working for/with a good friend that I felt was sometimes treating me like POS, I'd say something. Not at work but while we were sitting around the house, having a couple of beers or some other casual situation. Seems like this is a lot easier situation, being friends and all, than it would be in a normal boss only relationship.

the shit everyone else has to put up with is attached to a livable salary. I don't think I have crazy high expectations, I just think I haven't looked hard enough / put in enough effort to apply for the serious jobs.

If you changed a couple words in this post it could also work for why a person in their 30's has bounced from GF/BF to GF/BF for years without ever getting into a serious relationship. (speaking in general terms, not about you in particular) Point is, nobody and no job is perfect. I feel like you think if you were making more money it would make the BS go away or be easier to deal with. Like the guy that thinks if he dates a girl that's hot enough and freaky enough in bed that he will be able to overlook the fact that she's bat shit crazy.

It won't. Every job comes with BS that will drive you half insane. And, in my experience, the BS quotient only increases with the size of the pay check.

• Like 2

If you changed a couple words in this post it could also work for why a person in their 30's has bounced from GF/BF to GF/BF for years without ever getting into a serious relationship. (speaking in general terms, not about you in particular) Point is, nobody and no job is perfect. I feel like you think if you were making more money it would make the BS go away or be easier to deal with. Like the guy that thinks if he dates a girl that's hot enough and freaky enough in bed that he will be able to overlook the fact that she's bat shit crazy.

It won't. Every job comes with BS that will drive you half insane. And, in my experience, the BS quotient only increases with the size of the pay check.

I promise I won't dump this broad without having another one lined up. I know it only gets worse as responsibility increases, and that's fine. I want to shoot higher.

I love his standup and have seen him twice, but his show is mostly tough to swallow. I gave up halfway through last year

I love the fact that it's just now getting dark, and it's after 9. May/June is the best.

• Like 2

Right.

Do you think the next hottie will remain a hottie long term or is she just going to be a broad you're ready to dump in a year or so?

I'm not talking about having another GF lined up before you dump the current one. I'm talking about having realistic expectations. The perfect job/pay check combo doesn't exist.

Like a GF, there's always going to be things about a job that you don't like. You just have find one where the good out weighs the bad, make a commitment and don't look back.

I think you should shoot higher if that's what you want. I just hope you realize that even the hottest piece of ass walking the planet has flaws.

I love his standup and have seen him twice, but his show is mostly tough to swallow. I gave up halfway through last year

is there any chance I can sell you on watching some of this season? 140 minutes? 120 minutes? 40 minutes? pick a number.

I've given up on the idea that I'm going to find the job I like that pays me the money I want. I'm not looking for the perfect job, I just want to retire at a reasonable age. this thing was a mistake. they opened the conversation with, "you're not worth the money we're going to pay you" and I didn't object. that's my mistake, and now I need to work to correct it.

• Like 1

Well, I didn't have sex with BC after the wedding if that's what you're all wondering. I'll hire a sky writer in all your respective cities to let you know if I ever do.

• Like 1

Well, I didn't have sex with BC after the wedding if that's what you're all wondering.

I luv ya buddy, but nobody was wondering that

• Like 6

things are getting better by the day. we'll be fine, just need persistence and practice.

this job is pretty much just spending a ton of time putting stuff together for people that don't seriously want to do what it takes to make their situation work. knowing the whole picture--how badly I'm doing compared to this moron--is extremely frustrating for me.

the thing I keep coming back to is pretty much: it's not a coincidence, hiring me has a huge positive impact. that's what this upcoming review will say, that's what the last one said, etc. I just need to find someone with the right need and to kill the interview. then I can someday be the moron with household AGI of $200k, wondering where the extra $100k went.

i'm wondering if you stick it out for more than a year at one place if maybe that doesn't have a positive impact on the offer from your next place? i know short stints with companies is more acceptable now, especially at your age, but I can't help but have a suspicion that it also starts working against your compensation because they don't know if you're going to be around long enough for them to recoup training expenses. i'm just spit balling here.

episodes 7 and 8 of louie this season, holy god. he's using communication as a big theme... so many amazing scenes. I'm sad no one watches it.

this season has a very surreal feel to me. i've usually been multitasking when it's on, maybe that has something to do with it.

• Like 1

i'm wondering if you stick it out for more than a year at one place if maybe that doesn't have a positive impact on the offer from your next place?

I think it's hurting me, but what can you do? some of us make better decisions than others, lol.

• Like 1

emma has no flaws.

Are you talking about the old Emma or the new Emma. I recently saw a picture of the old Emma where her boobs were obviously different sizes. The new Emma needs to eat a few double cheese burgers to get some meat over those bones.

I think it's hurting me, but what can you do? some of us make better decisions than others, lol.

As long as each position is progressively higher in terms of responsibility and/or pay it's not that big of a deal but, yeah, what hank said.

I think you're right though. Time to stop settling and swing for the job and company you really want to be in. You're obviously good at what you do. You just need to find a home and show your value and the promotions and pay increases will come in time.

Well, not obviously. He just tells us he's the best. We don't have any actual proof. He could be the guy they stick on the farthest cubicle away and give him stuff to keep him busy and hope he doesn't talk to anyone because he's weird and spouts non-sequiturs.

Just a hypothetical.

• Like 2

I guess I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Hypothetical noted however.