I Called In Sick Today

It was a silly show for sure, but it spoke to me personally.

Plenty of stuff that is critically praised that I just don't get, hate even. PT Anderson, etc

Community was critically praised and I watched and enjoyed since day 1. But it was definitely odd sometimes

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'm strongly on side the of the coin that says that Community jumped the shark after season 1.

But I have friends I normally respect that love it still, so it's I just say that I'm firmly in the "I just don't get it" camp.

Well, I have a 401k (that I won't be contributing g anymore to) and a Roth 401k that I just started with my new job and I'm now partially vested in our pension here at work, but who knows if that'll still be around by the time I retire.

I just waste so much money on a day-to-day basis. I should be aggressive paying down some of my higher interest college debt instead of buying watches and artisan cheeses.

• Like 1

Started getting a little stir crazy today, so I went and played 18 by myself. Stuck a nice little hundred and 72 yard approach overwater within 5 feet. Of course I missed the putt

BC just came and told me that she finally talked to this recruiter that's been trying to contact her about a possible job and she's really interested in it. And at first I was a little disappointed because then I'd lose my best work friend, but then I realized, wait, this would be the best thing ever.

A) I can cleanly break ties with her and not have to worry about work awkwardness

B) I'd likely be seriously considered for her job which would be a nice little raise in pay and title

C) they love hiring women here and so there's a chance they hire a young single girl

I'm rooting for this now.

Don't worry, I already make as much as she did in 3 years here than she did in 8 and if she's not exaggerating how big of raise I'm budgeted for in a month than I'll be making almost as much as she does now.

Way to think positive nap. I'd assume if they hired a young single girl she'd be creeped out by me and wholly uninterested. But not you.

Reminds me of the sunny ep where they try to get a loan to buy 300k worth of gasoline.

You're boss is a woman? Now this is a strange bank.

Lighten up, Francis. Geez what are you on your period or something (right, Shake?)???

When she started she didn't have a degree of any sort and worked for years only getting the token inflation raises and occasional title raise, which isn't all the significant. She got her degree like two years ago.

I started with degrees in accounting and finance and at a higher job level than she did and then shortly after got my CPA. Plus, the whole leaving for a year for a higher salary and then demanding more money to come back. With my budgeted raise I'll be getting basically market rate for someone with my experience because I took a bit of a hometown discount to come back because I really didn't like my old job and also because I didn't feel like going out and trying to get a better offer.

My immediate manager is a man. His/my manager is a woman. The finance manager is a woman. Our controller is a woman. CFO is a man. CEO is a man.

Our department is 12 female staff, 4 male staff(5 if you count my manager as staff). And one of the male staff is the CEOs son who...isn't that well liked or that good at his job.

Job searching is awful, annoying and taxing. Gotta spend that $16.96 for some golfing sanity. Played bogey golf on the back 9. Very decent 9 holes

it must be weird to work for a company that gives raises big enough to actually notice the difference. glad I don't have that problem. figuring out what to do with the extra money? who has that kind of time?