I Called In Sick Today

He thinks you should either buy something that looks the way you want and keeps good time for cheap or spend $10k on a conversation piece. Why am I the only one getting this? Keep up napa

• Like 2
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

There are a few of us that have decent reading comprehension.

• Like 1

Hey, don't forget I told Guap the exact same thing scram did two days ago and I know fvck all about watches compared to Scram. I think the seiko is like $175 and the Tissot like $350 or something so it's not a huge amount of money.

I just want his thoughts so I can dismiss them if they disagree with my line of thinking like Guap.

• Like 1

Thanks

I'll throw this in my back pocket for when I get a job

Ha. Well, clearly I misread your post about getting back to the grind Tuesday as you were starting a job. Congrats on the job you're about to get then.

You're "ok with dances"?

Staunchly religious people aren't ok with dances, like in Footloose? The planet those types of people live on makes me so sad

My in laws were heavily involved in the Nazarene church when I started dating my wife. Their religion has be beliefs brv mentioned, no dances, drinking, fun, etc... My wife asked the pastor one day what was wrong with going to a school dance. He said "it isn't the dance itself that's the problem, it's the things that go on at dances" ie; drinking, smoking, sex.

A pastor they got later (I used to go to church with them fairly regularly) said one Sunday while the ushers were starting to pass around the offering plates "Give as much as you can. And if you only have $20 to live on til the next payday you aren't going to make it anyway so you may as well give it to the church"

That was the last time I've set foot in a church.

Making some stuffed burgers. Going with cheese and mushrooms. Just can't take the spicyness of jalapeños lately.

See Ron's post above

• Like 1

That was the last time I've set foot in a church.

preacher man had some brass ones there.

the last time for me was when I learned the local shaman threatened my mom with what amounted to excommunication if she didn't stay with her abusive second husband. i figured if that's how they treat one of the more pious members of the flock I was about to be burned alive once they located a proper stake.

Last time I went was with my ex, who's family was involved in the church and my ex still had those last tentacles of church hanging on. She felt obligated to go on Easter, to the Christmas Eve program, stuff like that. My fav was when she got banged up the night before and was leaving the service to puke in the bathroom. Sooo funny. I finally just made the decision not to go anymore. Then she left and that problem was solved. I think she got all devout again. Which made me laugh because after me, and our threesomes and foursomes and her lesbian sex and dabble into cheating, then divorce, then having an out of wedlock kid, then marrying a dude 17 years older than her and then having another kid, I guess she felt god was the answer. Laughable.

You know how they say love the sinner, not the sin. Well I love both

Have you ever considered vintage?

Granted, I'm a vintage fanboy/proselytizer however if 'heirloom' is what you're after, there's a lot to be said for something that's already 70+ years old.

The only real 'downside' is that stylistically, they look like vintage watches and modern horological form is that a watch is 'midsize' if its any smaller than a typical pie plate, however there are some great ones, you get a shitload of bang for your buck and as far as getting 'noticed', I get 10 comments when I'm wearing vintage than I do when I'm wearing a GMT or an IWC. Also, you have to be careful when buying them since a lot of them haven't been serviced since the Eisenhower administration, if ever and may be keeping shitty time. If not buying from a 'watch source' and buying from the wild (ebay, whatever), you must budget $100-$150 for service, straight away, if you plan on wearing it.

And they're fragile. Also have no moisture soundness and they fog easily.

I would ruin it in a week. I am very rough on things. That's why titanium or stainless steel is the metal of choice for me.

Hey Brvy, I haven't carried a wallet in years I have this

Incipio-Stashback-Credit-Card-Case-600x600.jpg

DL, Credit Card, ATM card. Put cash in my pocket.

• Like 1

Whoa. That's a good idea. Link?

The last time I went to church was yesterday. Of course it doesn't really count, because it was a Mormon church. Weird is the best way to describe it.

It was almost like a cub scout meeting. They dont have a nursery, so there were kids screaming the entire service. At points, I was struggling to hear the mic'd speakers voice.

They also voted on a ton of stuff. "So and so is now going to work with the elementary kids. Everyone who agrees with this appointment, signify so by raising your right hand. Those opposed, same sign."

I think they had about 20 such votes during the church service.

• Like 1

I'll bring cab money on our date

Uber isn't in South Florida?

Have you ever considered vintage?

Granted, I'm a vintage fanboy/proselytizer however if 'heirloom' is what you're after, there's a lot to be said for something that's already 70+ years old.

The only real 'downside' is that stylistically, they look like vintage watches and modern horological form is that a watch is 'midsize' if its any smaller than a typical pie plate, however there are some great ones, you get a shitload of bang for your buck and as far as getting 'noticed', I get 10 comments when I'm wearing vintage than I do when I'm wearing a GMT or an IWC. Also, you have to be careful when buying them since a lot of them haven't been serviced since the Eisenhower administration, if ever and may be keeping shitty time. If not buying from a 'watch source' and buying from the wild (ebay, whatever), you must budget $100-$150 for service, straight away, if you plan on wearing it.

And they're fragile. Also have no moisture soundness and they fog easily.

The watches I wear everyday are the battery watches. My vintage watches that need winding don't get worn as much.

The last time I went to church was yesterday. Of course it doesn't really count, because it was a Mormon church. Weird is the best way to describe it.

It was almost like a cub scout meeting. They dont have a nursery, so there were kids screaming the entire service. At points, I was struggling to hear the mic'd speakers voice.

They also voted on a ton of stuff. "So and so is now going to work with the elementary kids. Everyone who agrees with this appointment, signify so by raising your right hand. Those opposed, same sign."

I think they had about 20 such votes during the church service.

Were you allowed to go into the sanctuary? The closest I've come to going to a Mormon church is stopping in and using their ladies room.

preacher man had some brass ones there.

the last time for me was when I learned the local shaman threatened my mom with what amounted to excommunication if she didn't stay with her abusive second husband. i figured if that's how they treat one of the more pious members of the flock I was about to be burned alive once they located a proper stake.

I'm sure he was half joking. It was the other half that bothered me. Especially since back then (probably 20 years ago or so) that's how we were living. In fact, I think we had about $20 till payday at the time. Bad timing for him.

Funny thing was the same (married) pastor, now a father of 3 girls, cheated on his wife a few years later. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Were you allowed to go into the sanctuary? The closest I've come to going to a Mormon church is stopping in and using their ladies room.

That's the best use of a church I've heard of in a long time.

• Like 1

Yeah. Anyone can go into the ward building sancuaries. What you're thinking of is the temples. To go in the temples you have to have a temple recommend; which means you were baptized into the Mormon church (other baptizisms don't count), tithe an ongoing 10% of your gross income (verified by the bishop), and attend ward meetings regularly. Once you are offered a recommend by the bishop, you are expected to go to temple at least once per year, get marrired in the temple, and get your whole family "sealed" in the temple (or you would lose your recommend). Also, you can't go to the Celestial Kingdom without a recommend.

The really bad thing about all this, is that no one can go to your wedding in the temple unless they also have temple recommends. Sucks to marry into that family if your mom wanted to go to the wedding.

Thanks buddy! I would totally order this right now if all my cards on file weren't now canceled.

• Like 2

people seem to like my $50 kinetic Seiko. it needs a different band but is otherwise a very nice watch with the maximum interesting:cost you'll find on the market. mine is cream which usually runs a little more expensive. so maybe $70. ball so hard.

Saw Strat was the last post. Before I clicked, I would've bet at least $50 that it had absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed. This is why I never make bets.

Vagisil?

edit; that was an unfortunate page break