I Called In Sick Today

I was playing $300 max NL last night and am curious about how you would have played the following hand on the flop.

Blinds are $2 - $5, I'm the button with about $220 behind with J 10 off suit. 3 players call the big blind and I limp along. SB makes it $15, BB and 2 others call, I call

Flop comes 8 9 4 rainbow. SB bets out $35. Folds to a guy in middle position who raises to $75. One more fold by the guy on my right and the action is on me.

What would you do? The after hand debate was pretty interesting so I thought I'd ask your guys opinion before I reveal the rest of the hand.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

so i'm watching the big ten baseball championship because nebraska made it. nebraska is the 2 seed, so they are the away team. lead off guy draws a walk and first pitch to the 2 hitter they lay down a bunt right to the pitcher who turns and fires to second for the out.

it's sad that in 2014 people still think that is effective strategy. it makes baseball hard to watch sometimes.

I'm sure there's other teams out there with like thinking but I follow bay area teams.... The A's were one of the first to realize that it's never good to concede an out and it's really hard to argue. I much prefer NL baseball but I see the sacrifice bunt to move a runner over way too often still. To do so to start the game is just idiotic.

I'm sure there's other teams out there with like thinking but I follow bay area teams.... The A's were one of the first to realize that it's never good to concede an out and it's really hard to argue. I much prefer NL baseball but I see the sacrifice bunt to move a runner over way too often still. To do so to start the game is just idiotic.

i hope the A's win the WS just for that very reason.

• Like 2

One post hand argument was that if you're going to play a hand like J 10 off on the button, that's exactly the type of flop you want to see...

One post hand argument was that if you're going to play a hand like J 10 off on the button, that's exactly the type of flop you want to see...

I think the preempting question would be; do you regularly limp jto on the button with 3 hoboes who've just limped behind you, or was it a table-specific thing?

Because unless that's a horrible table, I'm folding that button with jto 100% of time with three dirtbags straggling in behind me and two left to go. Suited and a horrible table, I raise there 100% of the time. Suited and a good table, maybe I limp but if any of the blinds push back and stragglers stick around, I instafold.

Overplayed a crappy hand preflop and fell headfirst into a draw with action. Common big-picture scenario.

Your call or shove there is a play against what? That SB is a maniac and $75 middle position guy is squeezing you so you're going to big-swinging-dick them both and go in with two overs of an open ender?

Barring a hugely specific situational read, I'm folding that every time, I'm not even playing it to begin with.

You play jto preflop, yes, you are hoping to get an 8 and a 9, but not with action and reaction in front of it.

Variables being: my table image is such that there's a very real chance I can get the ******* to lay down his overpair and accept he's not laying down a set.

• Like 1

SB was an old hag that bitched the entire game about other peoples play and was horrible. 2 other guys that called pre were nits, raiser was a lagtard, older asian guy.

I, mean, Scrams right. Just fold pre. And if my quick math is right you'd be getting like 2.5:1 if the raiser calls and like 3:1. If just original better calls and raiser folds. Throw in some fold equity and some random back door straights and I don't think a shove is terrible. One of these dudes probably has a set or overpair so you're definitely behind but very live. Meh. If I had a lot of cash on me and a few beers in me I shove. Otherwise fold. Never ever ever call. Also reload pre.

One must remember that Asians raise for honor.

The fastest way to ruin an Asian lagtards day is calling the flop and check-raise the turn.

He will call your check-raise but only the courage of the ancestors can save him on the river.

• Like 2

I wasn't being serious.

Just another in my "Asian Poker Stereotypes" series.

For example:

Asians are fascinated by small cards and Jacks. Because of this, they're hard to read.They also have the ability to conjure hands that are previously unknown to the poker world.For example, I once had top set against an Asian and thought I had the nuts, until he turned over his hole cards and showed me pocket eels. I didn't even know WTF was going on, but before I could figure what was happening, a gong went off, he started laughing and dragged the pot. :(
  • Like 4

Doesn't matter. I know what happens. Tilt folded. Everybody else calls the 75. A Q or 8 rolls off on the thrn and everyone goes all in and tilted woulda quadrupled up if he had a pair if balls to just call the flop bet.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter. I know what happens. Tilt folded. Everybody else calls the 75. A Q or 8 rolls off on the thrn and everyone goes all in and tilted woulda quadrupled up if he had a pair if balls to just call the flop bet.

When the hag lead out with $30 my immediate thought was to make it $80 but push if there were any other callers. Asian guy looked like he was going to fold but then throws out the $75. I felt like it was a play based on my read of him. Especially the way he had played other pots versus the hag. (he min raises, she calls, he pushes the turn, she folds).

I went into the tank for a bit with the raise. My first thought was Scrams point. I played a hand I should have folded to the pre flop raise then hit the high side of an open ender with action. I had no doubt the hag would call the $75. Then I thought of Napa's post. Obviously my only options were push or fold.

Because I still suck at NL cash......

I folded but really, really wanted to call. Q comes on the turn, rag comes on the river and the asian guy flips 99 for his trips and rakes a $600 + pot after getting the hag to ride along on the turn and river. Never saw what she had.

And that is the rest of the story....

Napster in the few times I've seen you in these conversations you are really good at reading outcomes. This one was pretty easy relatively speaking but still

I also appreciate and agree with Scram. I do not not have a lot of NL cash game experience and I have a weakness for J10. Wish I were suited there though.

I have this idea fofr like an internet tv show and I think there's enough of a target audience to make it work as stupid as the idea is.

You get a guy. Somewhat decent looking and young and personable. You get him really high on majruina and have him watch a movie and film his reactions with another camera filming the screen. then you edit it all and make a 30 minute episode and then charge popel that watch seth rogen movies !.99 each episode

it would be funny because the guy high wouldn't or would be more supsetible to emotions and thats cool.