Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I have to send out invoices today. Waiting until late in the afternoon to completely eliminate any chance someone will get back to me with a bullshit question about their invoice.

So this morning the boss calls and asks if I can arrange for an interview over skype on the Monday I'll be on vacation. I tell her no problem, I'll take my laptop and be ready to go. Problem solved, right? It was until she called this afternoon saying they don't want to do a Skype interview after all and is there any way I can fly out there. She suggested flying out/back from Sacramento, but we are driving home on Tuesday and no way am I going to travel to and from Chicago with an interview sandwiched in between all in one day then drive 8 1/2 hours home the next day.

Her: Well, what if we flew you out of Sacramento then back to Ontario?

Me: Then my wife would have to make the drive home alone. Not happening.

She basically said without saying that I needed to find a way to make this work. So I told her I would see what I could do and get back to her. I checked flights and I can leave Sac at 6 am, get into Chicago at 1:45pm then fly back out at 7:55pm and arrive in Sac at 10:30pm. Tack on an hour and 15 minute each way to and from the airport and that is a loooonnngggg crappy day but I could do it. So I sent the boss an e-mail telling her this would work if she'll let me take a couple of extra days off so I don't have to drive home the day after 22 hours of travel hell.

So shitty and I have no doubt the seniors are sitting on their ivory tower not giving a damn about it all and probably said to my boss at some point something like "well, I guess we'll see how bad he wants the promotion, huh?"

So you're saying we can meet up for Supper on Monday? Cool!

"Your search - essay's penis - did not match any documents."

"Did you mean Essay's vagina?"

• Like 1

That watch is fantasticness. Not sure I could pull the trigger at $3 - 4k though.

Maybe if I get this promotion at a raise of approximately 40% and then the 60% annual bonus eligibility is actually realized. Maybe then.

But probably not.

Isn't a new submariner like $9k? Just save a little longer and get the real thing. Anybody who knows enough about watches to know it's a Rolex less the Rolex is going to judge you for getting the "baby mama Benz" of rolexes and anybody who doesn't know it's a Rolex brand is going to be just as impressed by a $300 watch that looks like it. And if you just go around telling people "yeah, it's a Rolex but not really. Got a helluva deal on it" than you look like a douche.

• Like 1

I like how BigD posts an article from the Atlantic in a random thread (that's a short novel, btw), and half of us read it almost immediately. This is a good group of people.

As a minority myself, I pick up on the little things:

"blustered Theodore Bilbo, a Mississippi senator and a proud Klansman. “You do it the night before the election.”

It's weird how the author of the article "accidentally forgot" to mention the party affiliation of this senator. I wonder if he would have "forgotten" had he been a member of the Republican party? I'm guessing he wouldn't have, but instead it would have been bolded and maybe a few font sizes bigger.

Isn't a new submariner like $9k? Just save a little longer and get the real thing. Anybody who knows enough about watches to know it's a Rolex less the Rolex is going to judge you for getting the "baby mama Benz" of rolexes and anybody who doesn't know it's a Rolex brand is going to be just as impressed by a $300 watch that looks like it. And if you just go around telling people "yeah, it's a Rolex but not really. Got a helluva deal on it" than you look like a douche.

Or I like it better and it's 66% less. 3k I could maybe justify on a watch, 9k never

• Like 1

I like how BigD posts an article from the Atlantic in a random thread (that's a short novel, btw), and half of us read it almost immediately. This is a good group of people.

"blustered Theodore Bilbo, a Mississippi senator and a proud Klansman. “You do it the night before the election.”

It's weird how the author of the article "accidentally forgot" to mention the party affiliation of this senator. I wonder if he would have "forgotten" had he been a member of the Republican party? I'm guessing he wouldn't have, but instead it would have been bolded and maybe a few font sizes bigger.

I read the article because Lebatard tweeted it out a couple of nights ago. No idea BigD mentioned it.

Also, I disagree. The author didnt really politicize any of it. Democrat or Republican. It's just understood that most people from the Deep South didnt care for blacks, either way

Probably not so odd but I read the article this morning, assuming it's the same that is, and yet I fail to see the relevance of the party back then. Everyone knows how much of each party's values have changed over time. The gist is even the northern whites screwed the sh$t out of the blacks. When people today claim they aren't responsible for the past that is true. But we should feel some responsibility to make right what our parents, grandparents and great grandparents did.

• Like 1

But we should feel some responsibility to make right what our parents, grandparents and great grandparents did.

Does this apply across the board, or just to blacks?

• Like 2

How would they decide who gets reparations? A guy like Morgan Freeman would def get some reparations, but what about guys like Tiger Woods and Hines Ward? What do guys like that get? Only half? 1/4? So many questions.

The article specifically says that it's not so much about the money and who gets it as having the conversation, investigating it and admitting that there has and is a problem is historical holding back. I'm sure I'm wording that poorly but can't think of anything better right now.