• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yeah, debits on the left/credits on the right. Know what types of accounts typically have credit/debit balances. Anything high level concepts you're unsure of? What's the position? My boss actually had me lookover some possible tests for candidates for an open position the other day...ARE YOU INTERVIEWING AT MY JOB?!

still have not applied to jobs and stuff. aiming for tomorrow night. spent all of this afternoon grilling, making a portfolio rebalance tool for my brother, and then fixing something with my computer. my boss asks me if I'm 1/2 to 2/3rds done with my series 65 book.. I'm barely at 1/4th, gave her an emphatic yes. we'll make up the difference on volume.

Yeah, debits on the left/credits on the right. Know what types of accounts typically have credit/debit balances. Anything high level concepts you're unsure of? What's the position? My boss actually had me lookover some possible tests for candidates for an open position the other day...ARE YOU INTERVIEWING AT MY JOB?!

It's for a staff accountant. i just reread the email and it said "short accounting test." I struggle sometimes with consolidations, but I can't imagine that'll be on it. I got 24 hours notice for this interview. Are you from Pittsburgh? Probably not.

Yes, I'd say its unlikely to include consolidations. That's usually "senior staff accountant" type stuff. Probably will be a bit about accruals, prepaids, and deferrals. Probably how a transaction flows through the revenue cycle. I'm trying to think what was all on the test my boss showed me.

And no, not Pittsburgh.

TELL ME BOUT THAT FVCKIN LUNCH BRO

It was fine. It was lunch. I had the chicken panini. She had...something...soup maybe? Walked around the museum a little bit.

Not much else to say. Basically just talked about work. Kept it superficial. She paid.

• Like 2

still have not applied to jobs and stuff. aiming for tomorrow night. spent all of this afternoon grilling, making a portfolio rebalance tool for my brother, and then fixing something with my computer. my boss asks me if I'm 1/2 to 2/3rds done with my series 65 book.. I'm barely at 1/4th, gave her an emphatic yes. we'll make up the difference on volume.

What? Don't read that. Just take the practice tests.

What? Don't read that. Just take the practice tests.

I definitely remember you hitting mk up for advice before you were taking yours. lol. c'mon with this tone.

I don't get a raise and have to pay for the retake if I fail. so I'm just doing everything.

Had my annual review today. Scored 4.07 out of 5. Reportedly the highest score, by a healthy margin, of all the DM's in the company. There were a couple of small numbers results that brought that portion of the review down to 3.7 but the bigger picture, revenue, compensation and profit were all 4's. Scored 4.8 out of 5 on the Core Values/personal attributes section. All that lead, reportedly, to the largest raise given to any DM. 4.04%. Sigh.

There was a whole paragraph about how I'm ready for the next step, blah, blah, blah. That, the news that I scored the highest of the DM's and another 6 percent would have made for a decent raise.

• Like 2

WELL IF WE'RE SHARING, AND IN THE TURST TREE, IN THE NEXT, I'LL SAY I'M NERVOUS AND SCARED ABOUT CALLING THE COUNSELING SERVICE TO SETUP AN INITIAL APPOINTMENT.

WHY BRO? you should feel proud that you're willing to better yourself. most people would rather stand in shit than let the world see them work a shovel.

• Like 3

Had my annual review today. Scored 4.07 out of 5. Reportedly the highest score, by a healthy margin, of all the DM's in the company. There were a couple of small numbers results that brought that portion of the review down to 3.7 but the bigger picture, revenue, compensation and profit were all 4's. Scored 4.8 out of 5 on the Core Values/personal attributes section. All that lead, reportedly, to the largest raise given to any DM. 4.04%. Sigh.

There was a whole paragraph about how I'm ready for the next step, blah, blah, blah. That, the news that I scored the highest of the DM's and another 6 percent would have made for a decent raise.

too bad they've already had you train your replacement. most likely upper management fears you and will marginalize you so you can't take their jobs. TOUGH BREAK BRO.

• Like 1

True that SA

Holy crap, check out this 11 year old shredding on the guitar. http://www.purpleclover.com/video/1783-11-year-old-invited-onstage-play-guitar-he-totally-kills-it/#.Ux6CWluo_Gc.facebook

one of my new friends here is in cell phone sales, just got a 3% raise, and is livid over it. he's trying to talk to his boss about it, but it's a big company, and it's just a terrible waste of everyone's time to even discuss it. I am just a little blown away that someone who is really good at sales would not immediately go out and start interviewing again.

"I'm giving you an extra 3 cents per hour this year. Now fall to your knees and slob on my job creator knob in gratitude!"

--the bosses

• Like 1

tell him to get into medical sales. i hear thats good for a true salesman.

isn't that what "woo" girls end up doing after college? no, that's pharmaceutical sales. same same i think.

Watch as everyone goes nuts after 11-year-old Aidan Fisher gets invited to play guitar on-stage by the heavy medal band Steel Panther Twisted.

medal. heavy medal.

i hate people.