I Called In Sick Today

Our avocado consumption has risen considerably since moving to So Cal. We've always really liked them but something about being here...I can't leave the store without picking up a couple. Partly I guess because they're so much cheaper here.

I had lunch at California Chicken Cafe today. Ever heard of it Frau? Good stuff. I had their combo wrap in a wheat tortilla. Had chicken, avocado, sprouts, lettuce...some other stuff...and this really, really good italian type dressing. These people are no dummies. This particular location is walking distance from CSU Northridge and it's packed every time I've been there .

I try to buy all my produce at farmers markets. I live near a weekend one, and work near the big Wednesday one, so no matter what part of my "I don't want to grocery shop or cook or take care of myself" cycle, I can usually get something.

I've been in CA so long, I forget to notice weird things. The VeggieGrill? It's good and a small chain. Someone had to point out to me it's vegan, though. It just didn't occur to me.

Oh, I never thought you implied that you had/wanted something sexual between you and your life coach. I actually didn't know it was a "thing" and not just your own words. Just that if given the option between a life coach who calls themselves a sexual unicorn and one who doesn't...I'm going sexual unicorn every time.

Now I want to know what kind of jeans Frau bought.

Yeah, I was stringing together a bunch of words that sounded cool and aspirational. The jeans in question are either Rag n Bone, or Armando Goldschmied.

I can't be the only one that thinks it's hilarious that Frau's life coach is on her 4th marriage, right?

I'm going to be smiling about that all day.

Isn't that kind of like Mel Gibson being an AA sponsor?

No, I noticed it right off. But there's something about frau that makes it nearly impossible for me to give her a hard time. Probably afraid of running off the only female/sane poster in the thread.

It is pretty ironic though getting life advice from someone that is on their 4th marriage. It would be like somebody taking SA's advice on dating.

She and I haven't talked about all of her exes, and how and why they ended up that way. I can tell you my life coach had an enormous entertainment career for herself, was one of the first women to do the type of work she did. It's not the kind of life that promotes a happy home life--the career will eat you, she undoubtedly made more than her husbands, and to sustain that type of success for that long means she always believed her career was the most important thing. She's been out of the entertainment business for 10-15 years now, and has been married to husband #4 for 7-10.

Her dating advice to me has been kind and practical. She told me to break things off completely with ex (my therapist did not give instructions), she has been clear eyed about what my life does not have, and what real intimacy could mean. As far as practical, in between marriages, she never wore underwear so she could bang whoever she wanted to, whenever. Yes. Get it girl.

• Like 3
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Sorry frau, but a life coach is weak sauce. Bottle up your feelings, never ever discuss them, repress everything and die of a stroke at 55. And for brvys sake dont take dating advice from a thrice divorced person. She doesnt know any more than anyone else, you just like the way she says her particular nonsense.

• Like 1

Nice jeans, Frau. That's one thing I'm looking forward to when I get to my target weight, buying a nice pair of designer jeans. Maybe a pair of raws, but those seem like such work I'm not sure it's worth it for me.

• Like 1

I think she didn't mean it in the urban dictionary definition. She just put those two words together as a description since this woman is so out there sex wise (i.e. the no panties thing).

• Like 1

I try to buy all my produce at farmers markets. I live near a weekend one, and work near the big Wednesday one, so no matter what part of my "I don't want to grocery shop or cook or take care of myself" cycle, I can usually get something.

I've been in CA so long, I forget to notice weird things. The VeggieGrill? It's good and a small chain. Someone had to point out to me it's vegan, though. It just didn't occur to me.

Yeah, I was stringing together a bunch of words that sounded cool and aspirational. The jeans in question are either Rag n Bone, or Armando Goldschmied.

She and I haven't talked about all of her exes, and how and why they ended up that way. I can tell you my life coach had an enormous entertainment career for herself, was one of the first women to do the type of work she did. It's not the kind of life that promotes a happy home life--the career will eat you, she undoubtedly made more than her husbands, and to sustain that type of success for that long means she always believed her career was the most important thing. She's been out of the entertainment business for 10-15 years now, and has been married to husband #4 for 7-10.

Her dating advice to me has been kind and practical. She told me to break things off completely with ex (my therapist did not give instructions), she has been clear eyed about what my life does not have, and what real intimacy could mean. As far as practical, in between marriages, she never wore underwear so she could bang whoever she wanted to, whenever. Yes. Get it girl.

This makes sense. People can change and grow. It's just not common.

Also: I can't believe you spend that much on clothes. Unless the people you schmooze notice that stuff and then respect you more. I could understand that. I have a hard time believing that the $300 pink shirt from them is worth $297 more than the pink shirt from Wal-Mart. But if you felt passionately about, I would love to have my view changed. I don't think you could do anything to reduce my opinion of you. I think you're awesome. Hopefully you know that.

I have a hard time believing that the $300 pink shirt from them is worth $297 more than the pink shirt from Wal-Mart.

I don't think you could do anything to reduce my opinion of you. I think you're awesome. Hopefully you know that.

One of the dumber things you've written, and that's saying something. A well made shirt or pair of pants wear completely different than the cheap shit, and last longer. Now, I dont know that brand, but there is a quality upgrade that can be bought. Just like that dollar menu at mcdonalds is no different than a $300 meal, huh brvy? But I have heard if you give more money to the church, god likes you better, so there is that.

Put it back in your pants bible boy, sheesh.

• Like 1

One of the dumber things you've written, and that's saying something. A well made shirt or pair of pants wear completely different than the cheap shit, and last longer. Now, I dont know that brand, but there is a quality upgrade that can be bought. Just like that dollar menu at mcdonalds is no different than a $300 meal, huh brvy? But I have heard if you give more money to the church, god likes you better, so there is that.

If one of the dumber things I've ever said is asking a question about ROI and expected value on designer clothes, I immediately feel better about myself.

Suicide is officially postponed.

just about flipped a table and walked out today.

came across a job posting for the 3rd position on my team and they minimum salary they're offering this time is 10k higher than last time and 25% more than the salary I had to beg, crawl, and over-perform to get. in the 3 or so weeks since the 1st go to guy quit, I've now been fully thrown into that role. To the point where I'm dealing with things like a ticket my fellow team member (who also was hired from outside and makes more than me) was working for 10 days gets a response while he's out, I look it over and close it in a day and a half because every single thing he did was wrong.

time to start playing dumb. and i sure as shit ain't training no new motherfucker.

--edit

plus the posting is with a head hunter so they're willing to pay the finders fee on top of the higher salary. fuck!

Returns aren't always monetary, Mr. Manager.

I'm aware. Most of what I wrote was tongue in cheek. Of course $300 for a shirt is crazy for the average joe, but a $3 shirt or whatever, is gonna suck balls as well.

If Strat was talking to me, eff hue 2

If not, disregard.

just about flipped a table and walked out today.

came across a job posting for the 3rd position on my team and they minimum salary they're offering this time is 10k higher than last time and 25% more than the salary I had to beg, crawl, and over-perform to get. in the 3 or so weeks since the 1st go to guy quit, I've now been fully thrown into that role. To the point where I'm dealing with things like a ticket my fellow team member (who also was hired from outside and makes more than me) was working for 10 days gets a response while he's out, I look it over and close it in a day and a half because every single thing he did was wrong.

time to start playing dumb. and i sure as shit ain't training no new motherfucker.

--edit

plus the posting is with a head hunter so they're willing to pay the finders fee on top of the higher salary. fuck!

Can you not bring this info to your bosses and say something? Also, can I get a job and can you train me?

I'm quite sure my immediate super is well aware of it. he is the one working with the recruiter after all.

basically he's now outed as a duplicitous liar liar pants on fire spotty lipped bag of monkey shit because he was always whinging about how he was trying to get my raise pushed through and budget concerns and blah blah blah

strat based on the shift that I've seen, it's a great place to come in to, but obviously they appreciate outside talent than inside. so get here, get a few years under your belt and start looking. they used to be phenomenal about promoting from within but that has really shifted over the last 2-3 years.

the only reason i'm not out yet is there is still a possibility I can get them to pay for a linux sysadmin course. if they pony up on phase one of that by the end of the quarter i'm gonna stick it out for the year it takes to complete it then start blasting resumes out there. hell i might even quit and temp for a few weeks so i can reapply for another position with this outfit, seems to be the only way i'm gonna get the douchnozzles to pay me.

I have a hard time believing that the $300 pink shirt from them is worth $297 more than the pink shirt from Wal-Mart.

I question the value of dropping that much on anything off the rack. I still do it, but all the while questioning its value.

• Like 1