Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

This goes out to my favorite platonic gal e-pal, Frau.

61A173B7-C220-47D0-87D9-2AE661673A30_zpsfopaa1pg.jpg

Thank you! This is my favorite I have gotten in years, and I will think of you as Na-Platonic from now on.

Does that cost extra? Even from the coloured hookers?

First time, I kinda screwed the pooch. I make it the restaurant way, I pan fry it, no oven bs for me.

Gotta make sure you pound your chicken thin enough. If the chicken is too thick, it won't cook through before it burns the outside. Especially if your oil is too hot. Tonight, I owned that shit. I also learned the trick to breading things. Do your prep early, flour, egg and bread crumb your chicken early then put it in the fridge for a couple of hours, let it set. Also don't overstuff the chicken.

Okay, I feel like you and I are getting back in sync--there are three things I want to respond to in your post!

First:

I think I've mentioned I walk in the mornings before work (I'm usually up and out by 6:30). I live on a quiet street, near a busy street. I've lived in big cities for my whole adult life, and I'm not a fearful person...but some mornings right before dawn there's a sketchy walking dead element. If they were just sleeping and/or nodding off, that would be fine, but some mornings there a definite hunter/gatherer vibe. I haven't been hassled yet, but it's not a great feeling.

Simultaneously, I'm working I have two Southern co-workers. I have been trying to understand what "Bless his heart" means. I think it's a gentle put-down insult type, but really, that saying fascinates me.

So, tonight I'm walking home at sunset. I'm on my quiet street, and I see a black woman followed by a black man walking towards me. She's still getting dressed. She's buttoning her shirt, and I think, "Oh, is my street on an active stroll?" and I hear the guy say, "My sister says to tell you, 'Bless her heart.'" And the still getting dressed woman makes eye contact with me, but croaks out, "What does she mean by that?" And the guy says confidently, "See, she knows you a ho."

The woman says, "Yeah, but why did she say 'Bless her heart?'"

EXACTLY HOOKER WHO IS ON MY STREET.

Second:

That's right, screw the pooch. It's a saying.

Third:

Please post the food photo here. I cut myself last night dicing a shallot--did not remember to keep my fingers tucked in and put the knife right in the pad of my middle finger. The cut is nice and deep, and it reopened this morning in the shower.

The shallot I used tonight was half rotten. Luckily there was enough to make my raspberry spinach salad with raspberry balsamic reduction for dressing

The grocery store I worked at has the worst shallots. They come in boxes so its harder to tell the quality, but usually 2/3 are rotten. It's been discouraging.

The grocery store I worked at has the worst shallots. They come in boxes so its harder to tell the quality, but usually 2/3 are rotten. It's been discouraging.

Shallots, a chef's secret. Flavor accelerators.

I love the browning. What's in the foreground?

Also, thank you. I browned it to perfection, this time. It's a delicate balance when you don't know the oil temp. I always fry in a cast iron skillet because it keeps the heat

• Like 1

i'm going with my brother to Truman State tomorrow. he's visiting for a final look at his college of choice. gonna be a long ass day too as i have to be up before 6 to get to my dads by 630 so we can drive up there. but the kid asked me to go and i need to support my baby brother.

That kid is making bad decisions from the get go huh? (Asking you for advice)

I have a 7am tee time with the wife. Picked up a 4w hybrid today, TaylorMade and a fat headed 6iron. Got some. Stuff to build on, should be good. Lady is coming....

With me. Good to have a partner in crime. Life is good.

yeah its nice for the first 10 days or so. try it for 10 weeks and tell me how you like it.

I was unemployed for 13 months and never missed work even a little bit. I'd still be unemployed if I could just figure out how not to alter my lifestyle with no income. I remember getting bored a couple of times during the first month or two but after that I just got in a non work routine and loved it. Like I said though it was made easier by the fact I had severance for the first 17 weeks, unemployment coming in, a healthy bank account and the wife made half way decent money.

Maintenance isn't an issue, since you'll have to have in-house mechanics once you start the buy here/pay here. Do they pay for ALL your gas? Even non-work-related? I ask, because a good friend of mine in pharmaceutical sales has that gig. His car is provided, and all maintenance and gas is free no matter what, even on vacation and the like.

That's a good point actually. They pay for "work related" gas. I try to be careful not to take advantage but I have to fill up about every 5 days and if Friday morning happens to be the day, which it usually is, and we go to the beach or something on the weekend there's not much you can do about it. When we went to Vegas I didn't turn in the receipts. Your buddy has a good gig. Other than causing health care to be ridiculously expensive by pushing expensive pharmaceuticals on the masses.

i have come to the conclusion that winter can suck my asshole.

86 here today. Suck on that. *******.

Had a first tonight, went out for a fancy meal and it was just terrible. I can't remember having a meal out that bad. So tilted.

I don't think I've had what I would consider a bad meal at a restaurant. I've definitely been underwhelmed a few times. Usually at fancy meal restaurants.

Frau, "Bless your heart" is a derogatory term southern (women mostly) use. It allows them to call someone an asshat while still sounding like a proper southern lady.

No offense to frau but I would pick Ron if I were you Napa.

• Like 1

Oh I forgot, I won a company wide contest in December and the prize is a trip up to $2500. I can pick whatever I want and they'll pay up to that amount. Any suggestions? Obviously the wife will be going too. First thought is a cruise or maybe Hawaii.

Oh I forgot, I won a company wide contest in December and the prize is a trip up to $2500. I can pick whatever I want and they'll pay up to that amount. Any suggestions? Obviously the wife will be going too. First thought is a cruise or maybe Hawaii.

Come skiing in Fernie and prove to me how funny you are in real life.

• Like 3

Had a first tonight, went out for a fancy meal and it was just terrible. I can't remember having a meal out that bad. So tilted.

I'd like to hear more, please. I'm assuming crap service with luke warm food?

Expensive mediocre food is angry making. I went to a place with expensive cocktails. I order one ($14), and the waiter slops it a little on the table. He says woopsies, and then walks away. I got to clean it up. Dick.

Frau, "Bless your heart" is a derogatory term southern (women mostly) use. It allows them to call someone an asshat while still sounding like a proper southern lady.

Yeah, bless your heart. It's a southern bitch showing you pity, or calling you a a re-TARD

Okay, then we've got a problem. A superior said that to me in a meeting and I didn't know enough to give a full stink face.

Frau, will you help me write my online dating profile?

Sorry, Ronnie. You know you're my boy and I want your help. We'll crowd-write this bitch. Not now though. I'm drunk at the bar playing pool.

Yes, I'll help, and of course you're in a bar drunk, you're asking for online dating help late on Valentine's Day.

• Like 2