I Called In Sick Today

damn can't believe that napa uninvited me like that.

Cranking up the excuse machine already.

work is proofing my twitter tomorrow. worried I am tweeting damaging things, apparently. I updated my selfie profile pic appropriately.

doing the phone screen with GS tomorrow

Do you even tweet? The acct that I see is pretty inactive. Seems pretty intrusive for them to dig that deep. Mine online stuff (twitter, FB) is pretty benign, but I don't think I'd want a judgy hr person that doesn't know and get me to look at my stuff over.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I don't know what a "sexual unicorn" is but I'm going to start working it into everyday conversation because it's awesome.

Oh...verb, noun, adjective or???

I was in the shadow of your neighborhood today frau...kind of. Hoover/Venice area between downtown and USC. I was still thinking about what the hell a sexual unicorn is.

LA isn't the only place with life coaches. It's just that in Iowa they call them "Grandpa".

Payroll screwed up and sent out checks (payday is tomorrow) from the wrong account, along with checks from the right account, to all the stores. So I had to drive all the way up to the valley (where the 5 meets the 118) then back to East LA picking up the wrong checks from stores so that our idiot managers didn't hand out the wrong checks tomorrow.

One of the most annoying parts of my job is that other peoples F ups end up being my emergency so I have to drop everything I'm don't to bail their stupid asses out.

Plus side, upper 70's today so it was a gorgeous day for a drive.

watched a video in which the managing partner explains, we should not bother educating the client to allow us to properly allocate their investments, because attempting to do so could cause us to lose the account. later, I watched the plan creation process, where the people who are supposed to know what's actually happening with the person's finances make a billion absurd assumptions and then extrapolate said assumptions 40 years out. oh, the comedy. I am not an idealist, I just don't want to be told 'things are different here' and then immediately see a bunch of the same BS the rest of the industry does to woo the financially retarded. here's hoping GS hires me, I guess.

• Like 1

Welcome to the "The financially retarded pay my bills" club.

watched a video in which the managing partner explains, we should not bother educating the client to allow us to properly allocate their investments, because attempting to do so could cause us to lose the account. later, I watched the plan creation process, where the people who are supposed to know what's actually happening with the person's finances make a billion absurd assumptions and then extrapolate said assumptions 40 years out. oh, the comedy. I am not an idealist, I just don't want to be told 'things are different here' and then immediately see a bunch of the same BS the rest of the industry does to woo the financially retarded. here's hoping GS hires me, I guess.

Every company you'll work for will think they are original and innovative. Most won't be. When I pointed out that the bank's "conversation map" which they claimed was new, was very similar to the last place I worked at, they said no way and their's was better. It's just idiots validating their jobs and existence. Corporations suck

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-vampire-squid-strikes-again-the-mega-banks-most-devious-scam-yet-20140212

This is a good read. I love his guy. Edit: it has nothing to do with the topic at hand

• Like 1

Payroll screwed up and sent out checks (payday is tomorrow) from the wrong account, along with checks from the right account, to all the stores. So I had to drive all the way up to the valley (where the 5 meets the 118) then back to Eas from stores so that our idiot managers didn't hand.

Plus side, upper 70's today so it was a gorgeous day for a drive.

Do you have a company car or do they pay mileage? If they pay mileage, how much do they pay per?

I mean, it seems like a no-brainer for your business to provide you a car, but you've never mentioned it. By the way, where do you guys store all the cars you repossess? The auctions aren't daily out there are they? You have to stock pile them somewhere I assume.

Do you have a company car or do they pay mileage? If they pay mileage, how much do they pay per?

I mean, it seems like a no-brainer for your business to provide you a car, but you've never mentioned it. By the way, where do you guys store all the cars you repossess? The auctions aren't daily out there are they? You have to stock pile them somewhere I assume.

No company car. I get a $300 a month car allowance and they pay for all my gas. I just save my gas receipts and turn them in and they cut me a check.

For the first day or two the cars are held at the repo company's lot. Then they move them to the auction company until the auction. Right now we just auction cars once a month because there's not enough to deal with it more often than that.

The company is going to start buy here, pay here used car lots where we will sell the nicer cars at retail rather than at auction prices. As well as supplementing the lot inventory by buying cars from the auction. Trying to diversify and create different revenue streams.

edit: the problem with them providing a car is the insurance is crazy expensive. Not to mention they'd have to deal with the maintenance, turning in and replacing cars etc... There are just a small few companies that provide cars for DM's.

No company car. I get a $300 a month car allowance and they pay for all my gas. I just save my gas receipts and turn them in and they cut me a check.

For the first day or two the cars are held at the repo company's lot. Then they move them to the auction company until the auction. Right now we just auction cars once a month because there's not enough to deal with it more often than that.

The company is going to start buy here, pay here used car lots where we will sell the nicer cars at retail rather than at auction prices. As well as supplementing the lot inventory by buying cars from the auction. Trying to diversify and create different revenue streams.

edit: the problem with them providing a car is the insurance is crazy expensive. Not to mention they'd have to deal with the maintenance, turning in and replacing cars etc... There are just a small few companies that provide cars for DM's.

Maintenance isn't an issue, since you'll have to have in-house mechanics once you start the buy here/pay here. Do they pay for ALL your gas? Even non-work-related? I ask, because a good friend of mine in pharmaceutical sales has that gig. His car is provided, and all maintenance and gas is free no matter what, even on vacation and the like.

So, this Dolphins thing is pretty crazy. What's amazing is it sounds like there were at least two or three people who have more right to complain than Martin. Sad day.

Did up some baked haddock with a buttery ritz cracker topping, asparagus, and some creamy garlic shells. Went out to eat earlier in the week to a middle eastern place, and had some of those god damn sherrie's berries delivered yesterday.

Drinking some Sixpoint Hi-Res (11.1%, really really good) and the wife got me some Guinness.

i have come to the conclusion that winter can suck my asshole.

Does that cost extra? Even from the coloured hookers?

How is it making cordon bleu? Stuffed meats intimidate me, but I've never actually tried or looked up how to do it.

First time, I kinda screwed the pooch. I make it the restaurant way, I pan fry it, no oven bs for me.

Gotta make sure you pound your chicken thin enough. If the chicken is too thick, it won't cook through before it burns the outside. Especially if your oil is too hot. Tonight, I owned that shit. I also learned the trick to breading things. Do your prep early, flour, egg and bread crumb your chicken early then put it in the fridge for a couple of hours, let it set. Also don't overstuff the chicken.